Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/9/2013 4:55:25 PM EDT
Some of you know this already, some of you don't.  On Jan 19th, 2013, 12 noon, there is a call out nationwide for a progun rally at all state capitols nationwide.  This is to draw attention to our 2nd amendment rights and show the politicians that we will not succumb to the relinquishing of our guns.  At the dinner saturday night our guest speaker laid it out for the gunowners in Colorado.  He had spent some time that day with a state rep and was told the people in our state congress want your guns.  This is seperate from the federal gun ban they are bringing to us.  We need everyone to attend that can to show our stength, in numbers.  They want to ban all AR's, high cap mags, guns that hold high cap mags, bullet allowance, and if you are able to buy a gun, you pay 100% of background check fees as determined by the state.  What happens if you are caught with banned items?  Of course you will be welcomed into the world of felons and not able to own another gun.  You can sit on your ass and not get involved but don't complain if these laws pass and you did nothing. Right now I am waiting for word from denver gov. on permit requirements.  We need five (5) democrat votes to overturn this or they will win, make no mistake about it.  Right now we don't even have one, the democrats control our congress in Colorado and they need to see that we are more then just a couple of gun owners.  I know, we have matches to shoot but if they get what they want you will be lucky to shoot a match.  Everyone on here, send this out to anyone you can think of. This is being organized by several gun groups. If you want a copy of the mission statement send me an email. This has to be well organized,  with no violence, name calling, etc, it must be professional. "Gun Control=more crime"        "guns across america"      

https://www.facebook.com/#!/GunControlMoreCrime                        https://www.facebook.com/#!/GunControlMoreCrime/events

https://www.facebook.com/events/144639815690301/?ref=22&suggestsessionid=18218565131357271463

This is on numerous sites, google it.  Rush had it on his show yesterday and I have talked to others also. Jeff Crank, 740 Am talk show host is also putting it out here. Press is being notified.  Remember, get the word out.

Link Posted: 1/10/2013 3:54:34 AM EDT
[#1]
Although I understand why it is on Saturday, I dont think the turn out will be what anyone expects. Yet, despite that, I will be there. We have to do something!
Link Posted: 1/12/2013 1:06:36 PM EDT
[#2]
You can bet if they don't showup we will most likely lose a lot of our rights through the democrat congress.  If you doubt that you are really going to be upset when you wake up they tell you no more AR's.  They DO NOT want to grandfather clause the AR's in, they want them turned in.  Those of you who remain skeptical and are willing to take that chance-good luck.  But I can tell you right now I have been talking to gun store owners and a couple of the biggest in the state have already told me they will close and move out of state. This isn't idle chat, this is fact.  You need to get involved, it is one day.  Are your guns worth it?  If you have a kid in college, tell them.  I have college kids from colleges, 5 hours away carpooling.  So is it important?  Depends on if you want to keep your guns or bitch about them being taken away.  This is the only strategy we have right now, numbers.  Now get to it and help.  I am doing my part, I am on the computer for hours and I am hitting anywhere I can with flyers.  If all you do is show up that helps.  Do not stay hom
e, thats how obama got elected, remember???
Link Posted: 1/12/2013 9:47:24 PM EDT
[#3]
I'll be there.  Columbus, Ohio here we come.
Link Posted: 1/13/2013 9:28:24 AM EDT
[#4]
anyone marching in Austin. Off to check hometown for any activity.
Link Posted: 1/14/2013 8:58:03 PM EDT
[#5]
I will be there
Link Posted: 1/14/2013 11:01:09 PM EDT
[#6]
Anyone on the west slope planning to attend?

It would be great to organize some car-pool(s) to Denver so we can make it more feasible for us west slopers to attend.

Just throwin' that out there as an option for us poor folk.  
Link Posted: 1/16/2013 8:53:54 AM EDT
[#7]
My son and I along with about 5 friends plan on attending.
Link Posted: 1/17/2013 11:11:33 AM EDT
[#8]
I don't have any BFL schwag but will see if I can't print out something discreet and pin it to my collar.  We really need to monopolize a corner or something.  Hey, if someone posts a fixed Lat/Lon, I could use my Garmin to find The Republic of ARFCom!
Link Posted: 1/17/2013 12:47:30 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
I don't have any BFL schwag but will see if I can't print out something discreet and pin it to my collar.  We really need to monopolize a corner or something.  Hey, if someone posts a fixed Lat/Lon, I could use my Garmin to find The Republic of ARFCom!

I think the best and easiest location to meet would be War memorial park directly to the west and across the street from the steps to the Capitol. There is a large obelisk in the middle of the park. The address is 100 East 14th ave, Denver CO, 80203. But I don't know if there is an "official" meeting location or not.

GPS Location

39.739229, -104.986696‎
+39° 44' 21.22", -104° 59' 12.11"

It sounds like there is a lot more information on Facebook than there was a few days ago i guess there is an actual event organizer named Don that i just left a message with. As soon as i hear back i will let ya all know what i find out. This has also got a lot bigger than i first thought it would which is a good thing. They pulled a permit for 1500 people and think that they may have to pull one for more.

Check out the Facebook page for ore info i guess at 11 O'clock there is supposed to be some big information dump on the page.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/588582534501584/589567041069800#!/GunsAcrossAmericaColorado
Link Posted: 1/17/2013 2:00:19 PM EDT
[#10]
I just got off the phone with the guy Don Dobyns who has taken charge of the event and it sounds like he has put a TON of work into making this happen. The official location of the event is the West side steps of the Denver City Capitol Building. The other location that i mentioned before can be our meeting location if you would like to stick around with ARFCOM members. The three things that Don would like to remind everyone of is as follows.

1. NO GUNS, I know this sucks but its only for a few hours. Denver PD confirmed they will be arresting people with firearms. Remember this rally is on Capitol property so Concealed Carry is NOT allowed on the property. Leave them at home on Saturday.

2. Try to dress reasonably. There will be a lot of media there and we don't want to look like a bunch of wackos. Just be smart.

3. If you are approached by the media, take a second and think about what you are saying. Consider how it may be manipulated by the media. Don't get upset and again just be smart.

The Facebook page has a lot of info on it its just a little difficult to sort through. I requested that Don create some kind of PDF file that would have all of the info in one place to be distributed and he said he would try to get some people on it.

Facebook Page

See ya all there!

P.S.
The official ARFCOM Ham Radio frequency will be the Colorado repeater 145.310 - 123.0 with a back up of  147.405 simplex.
Link Posted: 1/17/2013 2:35:46 PM EDT
[#11]
I'll be there, bringing the SO and another friend.  

Anyone have any good ideas of what to put on a sign?
Link Posted: 1/18/2013 4:56:19 AM EDT
[#12]
Sounds like this will be great and should be good weather.

Have to let the Dem controlled statehouse know we are still here.
Link Posted: 1/18/2013 6:15:12 AM EDT
[#13]
Will be there with the family and friends
Link Posted: 1/18/2013 9:07:30 AM EDT
[#14]
I will be there but since when is concealed carry not allowed on the capitol grounds?

ETA: I understand not inside, but what statute prohibits concealed carry on the grounds?  I am sure the DPD will be arresting anyone open carrying.
Link Posted: 1/18/2013 9:23:51 AM EDT
[#15]
I will try to make it. I just got my wife home from hip replacement surgery so it might not happen.
Link Posted: 1/18/2013 9:26:37 AM EDT
[#16]
If for nothing else but the sake of the potential for negative publicity, I will leave my carry piece in the vehicle.  I will, however, carry a sign for the first time in my life.  It will be stapled to a very stout length of wood.  Possibly with a bayonet lug.  

- Background checks did not stop any of the recent mass-murderers from Columbine to Connecticut and many of the perpetrators PASSED their own checks.
- Background checks HAVE been used as de facto registration, with data stored and backed up at the Federal level for "system testing".
- Magazine capacity limits are absurd because mag changes can be performed by anyone in under 3 seconds.
- There ARE NO "assault weapons", only semi-auto rifles with detachable magazines - same as .22 hunters and plinkers sold by the millions for over 50 years.
- Every bolt action used today started off as a "weapon of war, designed for the battlefield".
- Police and non-police are both law-abiding citizens.  If one group can be trusted to possess something, so can the other.

I will not compromise my right to self-defense by following laws based on lies.
Link Posted: 1/18/2013 9:28:52 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
I will be there but since when is concealed carry not allowed on the capitol grounds?

ETA: I understand not inside, but what statute prohibits concealed carry on the grounds?  I am sure the DPD will be arresting anyone open carrying.

18-12-105- SUBSECTION C

(c) Without legal authority, carries, brings, or has in such person's possession a firearm or any explosive, incendiary, or other dangerous device on the property of or within any building in which the chambers, galleries, or offices of the general assembly, or either house thereof, are located, or in which a legislative hearing or meeting is being or is to be conducted, or in which the official office of any member, officer, or employee of the general assembly is located.
Link Posted: 1/18/2013 12:09:42 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
Quoted:

18-12-105- SUBSECTION C

(c) Without legal authority, carries, brings, or has in such person's possession a firearm or any explosive, incendiary, or other dangerous device on the property of or within any building in which the chambers, galleries, or offices of the general assembly, or either house thereof, are located, or in which a legislative hearing or meeting is being or is to be conducted, or in which the official office of any member, officer, or employee of the general assembly is located.

18-12-105 (2) (c)

(2) It shall not be an offense if the defendant was:

(c) A person who, at the time of carrying a concealed weapon, held a valid written permit to carry a concealed weapon issued pursuant to section 18-12-105.1, as it existed prior to its repeal, or, if the weapon involved was a handgun, held a valid permit to carry a concealed handgun or a temporary emergency permit issued pursuant to part 2 of this article; except that it shall be an offense under this section if the person was carrying a concealed handgun in violation of the provisions of section 18-12-214; or

Link Posted: 1/18/2013 12:18:40 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

18-12-105- SUBSECTION C

18-12-105 (2) (c)

(2) It shall not be an offense if the defendant was:

(c) A person who, at the time of carrying a concealed weapon, held a valid written permit to carry a concealed weapon issued pursuant to section 18-12-105.1, as it existed prior to its repeal, or, if the weapon involved was a handgun, held a valid permit to carry a concealed handgun or a temporary emergency permit issued pursuant to part 2 of this article; except that it shall be an offense under this section if the person was carrying a concealed handgun in violation of the provisions of section 18-12-214; or

Ya know what I should have read farther into that, you are 100% right. I noticed the "without legal authority" part sounded funny and that part you pulled up makes it clear. I think we have the law compleatley on our side but I still ain't going to mess with it.
Link Posted: 1/18/2013 1:08:11 PM EDT
[#20]
I'm not a facebooker but would humbly suggest someone get the word to Mr. Dobyns that he consider NOT pulling the additional 1500 person permit.  Why paint ourselves into a corner by asking permission only to possibly have less than 3000 people show up?  The press could & probably would use that against us, saying our numbers were "X" less than we expected therefore our committment is not strong.

If the rally is permitted for 1500 and we end up with five or six thousand (or more) wouldn't it be better to be in a position to 'ask for forgiveness' later, saying our base completely surprised us with it's turn out?

Just a thought...

Quoted:
Quoted:

I think the best and easiest location to meet would be War memorial park directly to the west and across the street from the steps to the Capitol. There is a large obelisk in the middle of the park. The address is 100 East 14th ave, Denver CO, 80203. But I don't know if there is an "official" meeting location or not.

GPS Location

39.739229, -104.986696‎
+39° 44' 21.22", -104° 59' 12.11"

It sounds like there is a lot more information on Facebook than there was a few days ago i guess there is an actual event organizer named Don that i just left a message with. As soon as i hear back i will let ya all know what i find out. This has also got a lot bigger than i first thought it would which is a good thing. They pulled a permit for 1500 people and think that they may have to pull one for more.

Check out the Facebook page for ore info i guess at 11 O'clock there is supposed to be some big information dump on the page.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/588582534501584/589567041069800#!/GunsAcrossAmericaColorado

Link Posted: 1/18/2013 1:25:53 PM EDT
[#21]
Then i am sure the media would bash us for over extending our permit. I honestly don't think it matters much either way. We will just have to show up and see how it plays out.
Link Posted: 1/18/2013 5:44:23 PM EDT
[#22]
Count me in.

Link Posted: 1/18/2013 6:23:29 PM EDT
[#23]
In as well, and 4 others.

Also, there was an update on the Facebook page that says Don cleared it with a Capt. Holland that carry is permitted as long as it is 100% concealed.

Attention CCW update, State Capitol - I am about to make a bunch of you real happy. I just got off the phone after talking at length with Capt Holland, Highway Patrol, and we discussed the desire by a lot of people to carry concealed on the Capitol grounds. I related to him that many of the attendees desire to carry concealed on the Capitol property. Capt Holland stated that if everyone that wants to carry concealed will conceal their guns well enough that it cannot be detected that it will be permissible to carry concealed. This means that the weapon must be undetectable and secured tightly. If everyone will abide by this requirement, they can carry concealed. This was per Capt Holland. Now, I have done everything I can do to please everyone that has contacted me in one form or another. So the bottom line is if you want to carry concealed, please do so. Ensure when you are getting in and out of your vehicles that the gun is not visible. I appreciate everyones feelings and have tried to accomodate everyone. Now, no one needs to stand across the street and everyone can attend. DD
Link Posted: 1/18/2013 7:46:35 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
In as well, and 4 others.

Also, there was an update on the Facebook page that says Don cleared it with a Capt. Holland that carry is permitted as long as it is 100% concealed.

Attention CCW update, State Capitol - I am about to make a bunch of you real happy. I just got off the phone after talking at length with Capt Holland, Highway Patrol, and we discussed the desire by a lot of people to carry concealed on the Capitol grounds. I related to him that many of the attendees desire to carry concealed on the Capitol property. Capt Holland stated that if everyone that wants to carry concealed will conceal their guns well enough that it cannot be detected that it will be permissible to carry concealed. This means that the weapon must be undetectable and secured tightly. If everyone will abide by this requirement, they can carry concealed. This was per Capt Holland. Now, I have done everything I can do to please everyone that has contacted me in one form or another. So the bottom line is if you want to carry concealed, please do so. Ensure when you are getting in and out of your vehicles that the gun is not visible. I appreciate everyones feelings and have tried to accomodate everyone. Now, no one needs to stand across the street and everyone can attend. DD

This is such bullshit. Don makes it sound like he got Capt. Holland to give permission for us to carry.  This is the same Capt. Holland who according to Don previously said concealed carry was illegal on Capitol grounds because it falls under a different state statute for state land and was willing to give a cite.  Either Don or the Captain are full of it.
Link Posted: 1/18/2013 9:33:46 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

This is such bullshit. Don makes it sound like he got Capt. Holland to give permission for us to carry.  This is the same Capt. Holland who according to Don previously said concealed carry was illegal on Capitol grounds because it falls under a different state statute for state land and was willing to give a cite.  Either Don or the Captain are full of it.

I think you're over analyzing what Don has done.  I get the impression that Don questioned Capt Holland about the legality of a ccw ban during the protest, and the good Capt back pedaled when he realized he was full of shit and had no legal basis for his earlier opinion.

Link Posted: 1/18/2013 10:50:47 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
Quoted:

I think you're over analyzing what Don has done.  I get the impression that Don questioned Capt Holland about the legality of a ccw ban during the protest, and the good Capt back pedaled when he realized he was full of shit and had no legal basis for his earlier opinion.

I agree. After looking at the statute that was posted I think he looked at it closer and realized that ccw was protected under law. Dont bash don he has worked his ass off to make this happen.
Link Posted: 1/19/2013 4:32:00 AM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I agree. After looking at the statute that was posted I think he looked at it closer and realized that ccw was protected under law. Dont bash don he has worked his ass off to make this happen.

Maybe Don meant to write it differently but that is not how it comes off to me. He talked to the Capt the first time and was told it was illegal. The second time he let the Capt know that everyone really wants to carry and so the Capt said "Well, OK, as long as they are all "undetectable and secured tightly".  Nowhere does Don say he pressed the Capt for a cite to the statute that the Capt said he could provide, and informing the Capt that we would be exercising our rights unless he could provide one.

I really don't want to bash Don, and I appreciate his work. I guess I am just really tired of the infringements on our rights and tired of people acting like our rights are somehow "granted" by the authorities(not saying that Don believes this).

Anyway, here's to a great turnout and I'll see you guys there.
Link Posted: 1/19/2013 3:51:53 PM EDT
[#28]
For those that couldn't make it, thought I'd share a few pictures...

Link Posted: 1/19/2013 4:13:56 PM EDT
[#29]
I got there around 1:30. It was a good time. Counter Protesters were interesting[B).
Link Posted: 1/19/2013 4:34:15 PM EDT
[#30]
Sorry I could not make it. What was the counter protest?
Link Posted: 1/19/2013 5:30:59 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
Sorry I could not make it. What was the counter protest?

I miss all the fun..  I left around 1.  I love talking to counter-protesters.  Usually, they leave after talking to me.  
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top