Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 7/11/2017 1:47:29 PM EDT
I just built an 8" pistol with a stamp on the way. I want to make sure that my handguard/3-lug/barrel combo will work as it sits right now before I start the paperwork for a suppressor for the thing. Anyone interested in going shooting anytime soon?
Link Posted: 7/11/2017 2:26:44 PM EDT
[#1]
Post a picture of your setup!

I had to lightly file the 3 lug mount on my Gemtech MK-9K to fit inside my BMC KMR rail.  The knurling on the mount was just a bit too proud.  

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 7/11/2017 3:50:45 PM EDT
[#2]
The outer dimensions of each 3 lug adapter will vary based on manufacturer. Are you looking at a specific silencer?
Link Posted: 7/11/2017 4:10:44 PM EDT
[#3]
The can isn't going to fit inside of the hand guard. The shoulder of the barrel is about .05" - .1" past the hand guard so I am not too terribly worried about any interference. I just want to know that the 3-lug adaptor won't hit the hand guard when putting the suppressor on and off the gun.

ETA: https://goo.gl/photos/hSrvwyn9q36S8Kym6
Link Posted: 7/11/2017 4:35:15 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
The can isn't going to fit inside of the hand guard. The shoulder of the barrel is about .05" - .1" past the hand guard so I am not too terribly worried about any interference. I just want to know that the 3-lug adaptor won't hit the hand guard when putting the suppressor on and off the gun.

ETA: https://goo.gl/photos/hSrvwyn9q36S8Kym6
View Quote
Yes, I understand that, but the outer dimension of the actual 3 lug adapter is going to vary base on manufacturer. Also, depending on how far the lug is under the barrel, the silencer may still have to fit under the handguard for mounting purposes.

So, did you have a certain manufacture in mind or are you still open?
Link Posted: 7/11/2017 4:48:50 PM EDT
[#5]
I am still looking, but I am eyeing an omega 9k. Do most 3 lug adaptors extend past the back of the mount itself? The entirety of the mount is outside of the hand guard.

ETA: I will post a pic of the mount when I get home in a few days.

Also, I am in Yakima right now and Puyallup next week.
Link Posted: 7/11/2017 4:54:10 PM EDT
[#6]
So the 3 lug mount goes over the 3 lug adapter that is threaded on the barrel. They are spring loaded mounts, so you push the silencer towards the rear of the firearm compressing the spring. Rotate silencer and then it pops forward and locks in place.

If the entirety of the 3 lug adapter sits outside the handguard, then there shouldn't be anything to worry about as the ID of the handguard is probably not smaller than the OD of the 3 lug mount.
Link Posted: 7/11/2017 5:20:42 PM EDT
[#7]
That's good to know. It was what I was hoping for and counting on. I will get more pics when I can.
Link Posted: 7/12/2017 12:56:00 PM EDT
[#8]
I have a three lug adapter for my Rev9.

It only needs a little less than 3/16" behind the lugs to get it on.

We could meet up and try it for fit but from your picture it looks like you have plenty of room.
Link Posted: 7/13/2017 12:41:40 AM EDT
[#9]
I have one on a Gemtech can. Depending on your AO, you're welcome to try it.
Link Posted: 7/13/2017 2:31:25 AM EDT
[#10]
I have an octane9 with Griffin 3lug in the safe if you are Central wa.
Link Posted: 7/24/2017 1:42:42 AM EDT
[#11]
I sent PMs to people buy no replies :(

Here is a pic of the muzzle end.

https://photos.app.goo.gl/WhG3WwClkijSthQD2
Link Posted: 7/24/2017 3:00:46 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
I sent PMs to people buy no replies :(

Here is a pic of the muzzle end.

https://photos.app.goo.gl/WhG3WwClkijSthQD2
View Quote
You have enough clearance, are you just trying to see what one would look like on there?
Link Posted: 7/28/2017 2:45:22 AM EDT
[#13]
As mentioned, your welcome to try my 3 lug Octane mount with an TiRant 9S attached to it.
Link Posted: 7/28/2017 10:59:00 AM EDT
[#14]
No PM gotten

I'll be around this weekend.  Going to tiggercon tomorrow I think.
Link Posted: 8/2/2017 2:14:41 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
No PM gotten

I'll be around this weekend.  Going to tiggercon tomorrow I think.
View Quote
How was the exhibits?  I only made it to range day and that was fun.
Link Posted: 8/2/2017 10:57:44 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

How was the exhibits?  I only made it to range day and that was fun.
View Quote
It was worth the price of admission.

Lots of AR and Glock stuff.  I wasn't looking for too much specifically but the Sig wagon had the laser rangefinder I've been eyeing for a while.  The rep let me take it out and walk around with it.
Link Posted: 8/4/2017 2:00:25 AM EDT
[#17]
My trilug octane 9 will be back in tomorrow and I'll be at Wade's from about 18:30 until closing. If you're wanting to try the octane on your setup, feel free to stop on by.
Link Posted: 8/10/2017 9:07:07 PM EDT
[#18]
I have an Octane 45 with a three lug you can try if you are down in PC.
Link Posted: 8/12/2017 12:45:45 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
I have an Octane 45 with a three lug you can try if you are down in PC.
View Quote
SOLD! Well, sorta. I will be in Puyallup in a few days, but am busy most of that time. I can probably go shooting in about two weeks give or take if you are interested. I usually go up to the pits off of 410 near the Rainier Natl Forest.
Link Posted: 8/12/2017 5:43:17 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

SOLD! Well, sorta. I will be in Puyallup in a few days, but am busy most of that time. I can probably go shooting in about two weeks give or take if you are interested. I usually go up to the pits off of 410 near the Rainier Natl Forest.
View Quote
Shoot me a PM and we can workout the details.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top