Posted: 4/24/2017 5:45:57 PM EDT
http://app.leg.wa.gov/billsummary?BillNumber=1387&Year=2017
Link Posted: 4/24/2017 6:29:44 PM EDT
[#1]
I just got the notice.

What are they up to?
Link Posted: 4/24/2017 6:58:25 PM EDT
[#2]
It looks like because it was never resolved the first regular session that it was carried over to the "Special Session" for it to be formally killed or voted on I guess. Anyone else have info?
Link Posted: 4/24/2017 8:09:47 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 4/24/2017 8:14:39 PM EDT
[#4]
Idiots.  Lucky our AG made aeguments in the recent immigration case that could help us in repealing such actions due to financial losses.  Look at WGS being all built uo
p...
Link Posted: 4/24/2017 10:56:14 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 4/25/2017 7:21:09 AM EDT
[#6]
I just want to make sure I get this right, let anyone that doesn't live here in and strip rights from people that already do?

Sounds legit...
Link Posted: 4/25/2017 10:45:13 AM EDT
[#7]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I just want to make sure I get this right, let anyone that doesn't live here in and strip rights from people that already do?

Sounds legit...
View Quote
Standard MO as I see it?
Link Posted: 4/25/2017 10:52:03 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

Sounds legit...
View Quote
This is the platform that will catapult the AG to the Governor's office.
Link Posted: 4/25/2017 11:53:30 AM EDT
[#9]
Such Bullshit, rifles account for almost nothing, they are statistically irrelevant as far as crime goes.

2016 numbers aren't in yet, but for 2015 murders by rifles account for 0.0143 or 1.43% of all murders in Washington, they are a complete non issue but that won't stop the lib-tards from beating their drum about how dangerous they are.

Washington State 2015
Total murders - 209
Total firearms - 141
Handguns - 84
Rifles - 3
Shotguns - 5
Firearms (type unknown) - 49
Knives or cutting instruments - 18
Other weapons - 36
Hands, fists, feet, etc. - 14

FBI crime stats by weapon/ state
Link Posted: 4/25/2017 12:04:42 PM EDT
[#10]
Looks like we should ban Hands, fists, feet too...  
Link Posted: 4/25/2017 8:04:22 PM EDT
[#11]
Of the 141, how many were gangbangers, and how many were people using their own gun?

Does that make sense? How many of those guns were used by the registered owner. Very few I bet, mostly people who had a gun they were not supposed to have, and a ban does not matter to that type person.
Link Posted: 4/25/2017 8:21:22 PM EDT
[#12]
I am getting so sick of this shit!  War is getting ever so closer......
Link Posted: 4/26/2017 7:32:25 AM EDT
[#13]
What is the prosecution rate and average punishment for straw purchasers in the state of Washington?

If straw purchasers are getting off with community service and probation, then let's force the AG to focus and defend that issue before addressing new laws focused on citizens that follow laws!!
Link Posted: 4/26/2017 10:17:02 AM EDT
[#14]
You know its not about enacting laws and policies that actually work, its all feel good laws that keep you elected.

Same reason all my nieces and nephews are little shits, their parents are too worried about their kids liking them to actually parent them
Link Posted: 4/26/2017 2:35:57 PM EDT
[#15]
Meme's to the rescue.

Quoting statistics is useless.  Shame them.  Ridicule them.  Make fun of them.  Marginalize them.
Link Posted: 4/26/2017 3:44:51 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
Of the 141, how many were gangbangers, and how many were people using their own gun?

Does that make sense? How many of those guns were used by the registered owner. Very few I bet, mostly people who had a gun they were not supposed to have, and a ban does not matter to that type person.
View Quote
I'd like to know that as well. If my memory serves me correct, wasn't a 10/22 responsible for more deaths in one incident that all others combined? Granted it's a rifle, but it sure isn't on any potential ban list, and then it wasn't used by its actual owner.
Link Posted: 4/26/2017 10:24:26 PM EDT
[#17]
Bill is a complete, steaming pile.  Licensing - including amendments, storage, and transport requirements, "lawful use" (read: self-defense ain't one of them).  The part that kills me is the listing of everything you have.  Aside from the obvious registry ramifications, the license amendments kill me.  Many own dozens if not hundreds of mags; can't fathom the retroactive nightmare trying to list everything - and needing to carry it around on you whenever the items are in your possession outside the home.  A complete joke; those who drafted the bill probably think "assault weapon" owners are a small fringe group and these will be "reasonable regulations" that don't impact the majority of gun owners.  Hell, even a Fuddy range like Kenmore typically has at least 80% of the people on the firing line with an AR variant any given time I'm there.
Link Posted: 5/13/2017 1:49:16 AM EDT
[#18]
I've been out of the loop for a while. What's the update on this?
Link Posted: 6/3/2017 12:53:38 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
I've been out of the loop for a while. What's the update on this?
View Quote
Specific to HB 1387 - "Concerning enhanced background checks and licensure for assault weapons and large capacity magazines", it's "retained and in present status" according to a 5/23 email I received (not a bad plan to sign up for notifications on leg.wa.gov.).  Looks like it's not quite in committee, according to this link:

http://leg.wa.gov/house/representatives/pages/default.aspx#bergquist  

The outright ban on sale (HB 5050) is the same:

http://app.leg.wa.gov/billsummary?BillNumber=5050&Year=2017

SS, DD for now...definitely keeping an eye on this.
Link Posted: 6/6/2017 3:35:54 AM EDT
[#20]
if there is a total ban on sales can I still build "assault weapons" from already possessed lowers? If so, might be time to buy another dozen...

***edit***

ok, that "duly licensed shooting range" language is a load of horse shit. 99% of the time I shoot, I go to the boonies (gov land or lumber/paper company land) and shoot. Ain't got no time for a ****ing official range where I can't draw or shoot/move etc. without some lawyered up douche freaking out.
Link Posted: 6/10/2017 2:24:11 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
if there is a total ban on sales can I still build "assault weapons" from already possessed lowers? If so, might be time to buy another dozen...

***edit***

ok, that "duly licensed shooting range" language is a load of horse shit. 99% of the time I shoot, I go to the boonies (gov land or lumber/paper company land) and shoot. Ain't got no time for a ****ing official range where I can't draw or shoot/move etc. without some lawyered up douche freaking out.
View Quote
For the first part of your question, review the law. In CA the recent AWB seems to have been defined so that only functional, assembled weapons can be registered. Meaning stripped lowers cannot be registered as AWs. So no, you can not assemble lowers into AWs post 2017. They've learned and made their laws tighter in the past decade. I fully expect the anti gun lobby in WA is watching what is being done here. My understanding is the CA DOJ is mulling about releasing official directions, but it seems like this is the route they are going. I fear a future AWB in WA will look similar if this ends up a reality in CA.

As for the second part, that sounds very much like Restricted class (SBR, AR-15 & pistols) firearms in Canada. Only official shooting ranges; no private shooting for Restricted weapons. I suspect they're looking over the border and copying Canada's laws.
Link Posted: 6/10/2017 2:38:16 AM EDT
[#22]
so...buy a bunch of lowers, install LPKs, and register one at a time, using the same upper etc on multiple lowers as you reg?
Link Posted: 6/10/2017 10:55:31 AM EDT
[#23]
Get excited, get it shelved for another session but BOYS; the handwriting is on the wall...
Link Posted: 6/11/2017 12:44:09 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
Get excited, get it shelved for another session but BOYS; the handwriting is on the wall...
View Quote
Link Posted: 6/12/2017 11:17:45 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
View Quote
Yeah, lets all give up!
Link Posted: 6/12/2017 4:32:32 PM EDT
[#26]
Yeah, it's a little early to 'give up' right now, but at the same time, it's wise be generally "aware" of the political winds and to try to get out of Germany before the Gestapo start going door to door to send you to a 'special camp'.
Link Posted: 6/12/2017 6:19:53 PM EDT
[#27]
I'm all for being realistic, but the amount of cut and run talk around here has been getting to me. I don't think we are too far gone to correct course. In the last few years we have gotten SBR's and Silencer back (usable)we just cant become complacent about being heard.
Link Posted: 6/12/2017 9:00:36 PM EDT
[#28]

Agreed!

Quoted:
I'm all for being realistic, but the amount of cut and run talk around here has been getting to me. I don't think we are too far gone to correct course. In the last few years we have gotten SBR's and Silencer back (usable)we just cant become complacent about being heard.
View Quote
Link Posted: 6/12/2017 9:59:50 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

Agreed!
View Quote
True.  Never the less, the fundamental problem with the state's lopsided political trending is directly owed to 1 city in 1 county, & there is no remedy for it.
Link Posted: 6/13/2017 11:19:44 AM EDT
[#30]
Maybe we can carve some of that county away
Split the Eastside off King County
Link Posted: 6/16/2017 3:00:22 AM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
Maybe we can carve some of that county away
Split the Eastside off King County
View Quote
Tried once before, in the 90's if I recall.  The east end wanted to break away & form "Liberty County", but then-council chair Ron Sims somehow nixed it.  The cultural entrenchment of the legions is so steep in that area that I only see it being smacked down by the cold, hard consequences of their decisions.
Link Posted: 6/16/2017 2:32:03 PM EDT
[#32]
Don't they always reintroduce these every year?
Link Posted: 6/16/2017 10:29:49 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
Don't they always reintroduce these every year?
View Quote
Yeah, that makes it no big deal.  We shouldn't waste time trying to push back.
Link Posted: 6/18/2017 5:12:39 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

View Quote
Always push back or they might sneak it  through..
Link Posted: 6/21/2017 6:24:02 PM EDT
[#35]
Received this email today:

You are subscribed to HB 1387-2017-18 for Washington State Legislature Bills. This information has recently been updated, and is now available.

06 - June 21, 2017 - By resolution, reintroduced and retained in present status.

Bill Description - Concerning enhanced background checks and licensure for assault weapons and large capacity magazines.
Link Posted: 6/21/2017 10:45:38 PM EDT
[#36]
Link Posted: 6/23/2017 11:07:49 AM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

That's because they've started a 3rd special session, all bills were reintroduced.  All they should be doing is the budget though technically anything is fair game.
View Quote
It would be really nice if they could finally pass a budget and my wife wouldn't have to be furloughed

But on the other hand I would love to see all the outcry if the state parks shut down before the 4th of July holiday and everyone's camping reservations are cancelled
Link Posted: 6/25/2017 8:19:47 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
It would be really nice if they could finally pass a budget and my wife wouldn't have to be furloughed

But on the other hand I would love to see all the outcry if the state parks shut down before the 4th of July holiday and everyone's camping reservations are cancelled
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

That's because they've started a 3rd special session, all bills were reintroduced.  All they should be doing is the budget though technically anything is fair game.

Honestly, I would be for it as well. They need to start getting realistic and learn money doesn't grow on trees and we're all really sick and tired of paying for all those who have no desire to get out and do anything.  Anytime drug testing or community service is brought up as a condition they cry that's unfair and cruel.
Link Posted: 6/26/2017 2:25:47 AM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Gee, I dunno.  It's easier to do nothing.
Link Posted: 6/27/2017 1:06:59 AM EDT
[#40]
I would like to see an amendment stating that any special session goes unpaid!!!  They had their paid time as lawmakers during the regular session to get this shit worked out.  Fuck paying them OT.
Link Posted: 6/27/2017 10:54:37 AM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
I would like to see an amendment stating that any special session goes unpaid!!!  They had their paid time as lawmakers during the regular session to get this shit worked out.  Fuck paying them OT.
View Quote
Now that wouldn't be fair for our esteemed elected officials who only have our best interests at heart. Who work tirelessly to make Washington the best state in the nation.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top