Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 3/8/2017 1:02:22 PM EDT
Heard from a friend today that Chip was closing up shop.  
Bummer as I always had good dealings with him.
Link Posted: 3/8/2017 5:06:10 PM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
Heard from a friend today that Chip was closing up shop.  
Bummer as I always had good dealings with him.
View Quote

He's still fulfilling orders that were previously placed with him, but is stepping away to refocus on his family.
Link Posted: 3/8/2017 6:54:25 PM EDT
[#2]
Definitely understand the priority decision, but that's unfortunate to hear!
Link Posted: 3/9/2017 12:25:02 PM EDT
[#3]
I'm right down the street from Chip, afaik he keeps a normal day job on top of his FFL. I have a day job as well on top of my FFL but I'm not a high volume dealer, with as many people I've heard of using him I bet it keeps him pretty busy.
Link Posted: 3/9/2017 12:43:56 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 3/9/2017 7:06:18 PM EDT
[#5]
Best wishes to him, a stand up guy

Line out the door, through the garage, and up the stairs,

if you have been there you get the reference.
Link Posted: 3/9/2017 10:47:44 PM EDT
[#6]
I called him up in January to buy a Salvo 12 from him.
He told me he had closed up shop.
I thanked him and wished him well.
Link Posted: 3/10/2017 1:07:23 AM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 3/11/2017 8:11:31 PM EDT
[#8]
Good riddance.
Link Posted: 3/11/2017 10:38:16 PM EDT
[#9]
Disappointing.
So...where do we go now?
Link Posted: 3/11/2017 11:05:27 PM EDT
[#10]
For what its worth....I like working with Pantel Tactical in Renton.  Its a bit of a drive, but I like it.  I also like Lynnwood Guns.  I've not done NFA stuff with Lynnwood, but have with Pantel.
Link Posted: 3/11/2017 11:42:30 PM EDT
[#11]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Disappointing.
So...where do we go now?
View Quote

If you are up north then MKX LLC in Snohomish. If you are down south then Pantel Tactical in Renton.
Link Posted: 3/12/2017 1:10:12 AM EDT
[#12]
Thanks, I'll keep those in mind.
Link Posted: 3/12/2017 1:47:29 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

If you are up north then MKX LLC in Snohomish. If you are down south then Pantel Tactical in Renton.
View Quote

They charge retail or do they have discount pricing?
Link Posted: 3/12/2017 9:31:53 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

They charge retail or do they have discount pricing?
View Quote

Discount. I doubt you will find anyone locally that cheaper.
Link Posted: 3/12/2017 4:25:37 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
Too bad, He was a great guy to deal with!
View Quote

Yes he was.

Impossible to replace someone that awesome.

Good luck Chip!
Link Posted: 3/14/2017 1:26:55 AM EDT
[#16]
my cascade arsenal experience wasn't awesome, and most of what ive heard about about him was negative too. you guys in here must be the handful that got lucky. me and a friends first foray into NFA was through chip, and it was nothing but bullshit and headaches. went way out of town for my next two purchases cause of how annoyed I was with chip, then I stumbled upon MKX who was in town and haven't gone anywhere else since. good riddance indeed.
Link Posted: 3/17/2017 12:00:56 AM EDT
[#17]
Chip was a douche.  I don't know how people had good experience with him.
Link Posted: 3/17/2017 2:07:50 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
View Quote
You are a real class act calling names and full of slander just because he
didn't get along with the kind of person you are and didn't want to deal with you.
When a customer walks in a another mans home with a I know everything attitude and tries to tell him how to run his business or how its going to be is
very disrespectful.
There are always a few that may have a bad experience with one dealer or another and you are one of the very few.
The small few are way out numbered by the happy customers he had so move on to something more
positive instead of shitting on people you didn't get along with one time in your life several years ago.
Link Posted: 3/17/2017 9:12:59 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
didn't get along with the kind of person you are and didn't want to deal with you.
When a customer walks in a another mans home with a I know everything attitude and tries to tell him how to run his business or how its going to be is
very disrespectful.
There are always a few that may have a bad experience with one dealer or another and you are one of the very few.
The small few are way out numbered by the happy customers he had so move on to something more
positive instead of shitting on people you didn't get along with one time in your life several years ago.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
very disrespectful.
We haven't done one of these in a while. I guess we're due.
Link Posted: 3/17/2017 9:36:07 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

You are a real class act.... 
View Quote
the ignore button works really well......

until people quote him. 
Link Posted: 3/17/2017 10:46:42 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

until people quote him. 
View Quote
Link Posted: 3/17/2017 2:58:09 PM EDT
[#22]
Dang, Chip was solid whenever I had dealings with him.
Link Posted: 3/18/2017 12:15:56 AM EDT
[#23]
Link Posted: 3/18/2017 1:06:08 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
Until now I've never heard a bad word spoken about Chip I'm going to use that fine IGNORE button and see no evil and in fact, it was an WAHTF referral that sent me there.
View Quote
Link Posted: 3/18/2017 1:09:03 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
View Quote
I had nothing but great experiences with Chip the 4 times I bought something from him.
I want to meet your can dealer, he must shit solid gold to be better than Chip.
Link Posted: 3/18/2017 1:20:10 AM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

until people quote him. 
View Quote
You have been quoted
Link Posted: 3/18/2017 4:29:21 AM EDT
[#27]
All my cans are from Chip.  Dude was awesome to deal with.  I won't say what his other job was, but it would have been a lot of work to take care of both and to try and simultaneously please some of these dbags.

Very knowledgeable, friendly and a pleasure to bullshit with.  Wish him the best.
Link Posted: 3/18/2017 4:14:00 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:When a customer walks in a another mans home with a I know everything attitude and tries to tell him how to run his business or how its going to be is very disrespectful.
View Quote
I never visited Chip's home, so pretty sure you are thinking of someone else FYI.  I talked to him in person at WAC shows, on the phone, and also in e-mail.  I got my fill without visiting his home.

I never exhibited any "know everything" attitude.  I simply asked him one question and he flew off the handle and called me a moron.  For that reason I no longer sent him business (of which to that point I sent him TONS).  Pretty simple, really.  If you can't handle that, so be it.
Link Posted: 3/19/2017 11:17:02 AM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

I never visited Chip's home, so pretty sure you are thinking of someone else FYI.  I talked to him in person at WAC shows, on the phone, and also in e-mail.  I got my fill without visiting his home.

I never exhibited any "know everything" attitude.  I simply asked him one question and he flew off the handle and called me a moron.  For that reason I no longer sent him business (of which to that point I sent him TONS).  Pretty simple, really.  If you can't handle that, so be it.
View Quote
Curious......What was the question?
Link Posted: 3/20/2017 1:23:11 AM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

Curious......What was the question?
View Quote
I asked if he submits Form 4 using the eFile system.  This was back when eFile just launched Form 4 the first time.  I was ready to pull a trigger on a Octane 45 and read about several dealers signing up for eFile and putting forms into the system successfully.  At this point eFile Form4 had been out around a couple weeks.  I called Chip to place my order and first asked if he had signed up for ATF eFile yet and willing to submit my form digitally.  He told me I was a moron for believing everything I read online and it was BS.  He went off on a rant for a couple more minutes about more shit I didn't care to remember.  Then at the end he then shared the real reason when he admitted he preferred to just make copies and mail then deal with digital scanning documents. Told me everything I needed to know.  I never called again, and never again sent a customer his way.

The icing on the cake was not two weeks later someone posted right here in this forum "Hey I just ordered my first can from Chip and he eFiled my Form 4!".  Yeah needless to say I was a little heated after reading that.

That was my personal experience.  I also have several friends who did buy cans from Chip and had a horrible customer service experience.  I heard their stories first hand, but not sharing on their behalf.
Link Posted: 3/23/2017 6:14:59 PM EDT
[#31]
What's that old saying? If you're always in a room with an ass the ass may be....?

Quoted:
Good riddance.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Good riddance.
Quoted:
Link Posted: 3/25/2017 2:25:54 AM EDT
[#32]
I have several cans from Chip, always had good service and conversation.
Link Posted: 3/26/2017 8:50:46 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

I asked if he submits Form 4 using the eFile system.  This was back when eFile just launched Form 4 the first time.  I was ready to pull a trigger on a Octane 45 and read about several dealers signing up for eFile and putting forms into the system successfully.  At this point eFile Form4 had been out around a couple weeks.  I called Chip to place my order and first asked if he had signed up for ATF eFile yet and willing to submit my form digitally.  He told me I was a moron for believing everything I read online and it was BS.  He went off on a rant for a couple more minutes about more shit I didn't care to remember.  Then at the end he then shared the real reason when he admitted he preferred to just make copies and mail then deal with digital scanning documents. Told me everything I needed to know.  I never called again, and never again sent a customer his way.

The icing on the cake was not two weeks later someone posted right here in this forum "Hey I just ordered my first can from Chip and he eFiled my Form 4!".  Yeah needless to say I was a little heated after reading that.

That was my personal experience.  I also have several friends who did buy cans from Chip and had a horrible customer service experience.  I heard their stories first hand, but not sharing on their behalf.
View Quote
I literally asked him that same question within that same period of time. I believe he said he didn't efile but he was polite about it.

I've bought 4 cans from him without issue. I'll be sad to see him go but I'm glad he will have more time with his family. That is most important.
Link Posted: 3/31/2017 3:01:34 PM EDT
[#34]
Purchased several cans from chip and like most, never had an issue. I know his email responses were short and to the point, maybe some people are sensitive to that, but he was always a pleasure in person.

Since he's done, is there anyone else that has a speq account with sico nearby?
Link Posted: 4/5/2017 1:31:51 AM EDT
[#35]
Only talked with him a few times in Monroe at the WAC show. Nice guy, very informative. Personable as well.
Link Posted: 4/6/2017 3:09:16 AM EDT
[#36]
I've bought 4 cans from Chip over the years......, nothing but great experiences each & every time!!
Link Posted: 4/12/2017 4:49:08 PM EDT
[#37]
I've bought all my suppressors from Chip, a total of 6.  My buddy also bought at least 6-8 through Chip.  He's price is good and communication is good too.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top