I received this little gem today:

Response from Senator Murray
S
[email protected]

Reply|
Today, 9:06 AM
*******@live.com

Dear Mr. ******:

Thank you for contacting my office. I appreciate hearing from you regarding your views on The Hearing Protection Act (H.R. 3799). This bill was introduced in the 114th Congress and it has not yet been reintroduced in the 115th Congress. When it does, I will certainly keep your thoughts in mind.

The views of Washingtonians are very important to my work. If you would like to know more about my work in the Senate, please feel free to sign up for my weekly updates at http://murray.senate.gov/updates. Again, thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts with me.
Sincerely,
Patty Murray
United States Senator

How does this woman continue to get re-elected?  And more so, how does she not know which bills are currently in committee?  

Bill info here:  https://www.congress.gov/bill/115th-congress/senate-bill/59?q=%7B%22search%22%3A%5B%22hearing+protection+act%22%5D%7D
Link Posted: 2/23/2017 6:12:42 PM EDT
[#1]
Cantwell and Murray will continue to be reelected until they die

As for checking on the status of the bill, whatever assistant filled out that letter doesn't know what they're doing, or they are using some automated bot that  greps messages for a bill number, checks it against the current list of active bills, but doesn't work very well.
Link Posted: 2/24/2017 12:23:04 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Cantwell and Murray will continue to be reelected until they die

As for checking on the status of the bill, whatever assistant filled out that letter doesn't know what they're doing, or they are using some automated bot that  greps messages for a bill number, checks it against the current list of active bills, but doesn't work very well.
View Quote

Those two are our Diane Feinstein, and Chuck Schumer.
ETA, I remember when Patty Murray first ran, a mom in tennis shoes who sees how our education system needs o be fixed, and once she completes her goal, she will retire. Funny how power, money and greed change a person. I guess I will quit waiting for her to not seek reelection, oh wait I did years ago.
Link Posted: 2/27/2017 11:06:28 PM EDT
[#3]
Same canned response I got.
Link Posted: 3/18/2017 1:07:21 AM EDT
[#4]
"...I will certainly keep your thoughts in mind," is Murray-speak for a thumbs down vote.

CA has Boxer & the Feinstein, & we get what we have here, which is a failure to communicate.  I don't like it any more than you...
Link Posted: 3/18/2017 12:37:19 PM EDT
[#5]
She voted for the Alaskan bridges to nowhere, yet did nothing to secure federal funds for the Tacoma Narrows bridge.  Weird since the original bridge was built to connect the army and air force bases to the navy bases in Kitsap.  It should have been an easy porkbarrel project for her to push- so either she didn't think of it or she didn't care.

She will always win reelection because her opponents will always be RINOs.  Now, you put someone against her who is like Trump, and will fight dirty if/when she does, and she'll be out on her can.  So far all the R's that run against her suddenly lose their spines when the going gets tough.  It was the same in the last Governor election.
Link Posted: 3/20/2017 2:26:16 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
I received this little gem today:

Response from Senator Murray
S
[email protected]
View Quote
Ironically, depending on how it is written, this law might make supressors ILLEGAL again in Washington...

RCW:
"Uses any contrivance or device for suppressing the noise of any firearm unless the suppressor is legally registered and possessed in accordance with federal law,"

Unless the HPA makes registration *optional* instead of simply removing suppressors from the NFA... It will have the unintended consequence (think the Form 1 SBR 'issue') of making them ILLEGAL in WA (again) along with several other states that require NFA registration to legally posses a suppressor. 
Link Posted: 3/20/2017 4:44:30 PM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 3/20/2017 5:44:03 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

Ironically, depending on how it is written, this law might make supressors ILLEGAL again in Washington...

RCW:
"Uses any contrivance or device for suppressing the noise of any firearm unless the suppressor is legally registered and possessed in accordance with federal law,"

Unless the HPA makes registration *optional* instead of simply removing suppressors from the NFA... It will have the unintended consequence (think the Form 1 SBR 'issue') of making them ILLEGAL in WA (again) along with several other states that require NFA registration to legally posses a suppressor. 
View Quote
the 'in accordance with federal law' qualifier is what makes it still work in my mind. As long as obtaining a suppressor is in accordance with federal law, following whatever registration is required federally (and that could be no registration, if that's allowed federally), WA state allows it.

Either way lets not start this hand wringing all over again and get overzealous speculation turned into suspension of our rights should HPA ever see the light of day.
Link Posted: 3/22/2017 8:25:39 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
This should not be a problem.  The bill reads in part; https://www.congress.gov/bill/115th-congress/house-bill/367/text
SEC. 4. Preemption of certain State laws in relation to firearm silencers.

Section 927 of title 18, United States Code, is amended by adding at the end the following: “Notwithstanding the preceding sentence, a law of a State or a political subdivision of a State that, as a condition of lawfully making, transferring, using, possessing, or transporting a firearm silencer in or affecting interstate or foreign commerce, imposes a tax on any such conduct, or a marking, recordkeeping or registration requirement with respect to the firearm silencer, shall have no force or effect.”.
In other words, RCW 9.41.250(c) will no longer have any effect on silencer use in WA.

Randy
Link Posted: 3/24/2017 8:41:06 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

This should not be a problem.  The bill reads in part; https://www.congress.gov/bill/115th-congress/house-bill/367/text

In other words, RCW 9.41.250(c) will no longer have any effect on silencer use in WA.

Randy
View Quote
In which case, as long as that stays in it, by all means pass the damn thing. 
Link Posted: 4/18/2017 7:56:16 PM EDT
[#11]
Maybe next year....

Oh well.
Link Posted: 4/18/2017 8:13:17 PM EDT
[#12]
Link Posted: 4/18/2017 9:57:01 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

It's Federal not State and it's still in play.
View Quote
I know its federal. Just not seeing any movement. I'm hopeful since we've brought suppressors back to WA, to bring even more suppressors back to WA.

MAGA, one suppressor at a time.
Link Posted: 4/19/2017 10:01:34 PM EDT
[#14]
Now we need to bring full auto back so I can get an M1919 or BAR for the Willys I'm working on restoring!
Link Posted: 4/19/2017 10:39:39 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
Now we need to bring full auto back so I can get an M1919 or BAR for the Willys I'm working on restoring!
View Quote
Get the 1919 now... then convert later.

They are currently $2600 for one.
Link Posted: 4/20/2017 3:36:04 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

Get the 1919 now... then convert later.

They are currently $2600 for one.
View Quote
Don't have the money for it right now, and any extra scratch is going into the Willys. It's a CJ2A I'm making an MB clone.... body hanging from the rafters, engine in pieces and rolling chassis needing serious repair
Link Posted: 4/20/2017 5:22:38 AM EDT
[#17]
My deceased Uncle served in Vietnam, was a wheat farmer in Ritzville. Got a hold of an old surplus jeep and a mule. Restored the jeep/Willy's back to perfection, just like he drove in Nam. Used the mule for doing farm work, damn he loved them. Died a few years back of pancreatic cancer, blamed on Agent Orange so I hear.

Anyhow, My Aunt still has them both, sold the farm, bought a house and had all his mustangs and cars, jeep, mule hauled to the new place and a pole building put up to put them in.

He always dreamed of mounting a gun on it and shooting up the wheat fields of Ritzville.
Link Posted: 4/20/2017 9:13:53 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

RCW:

View Quote
same thing in Colorado and a dozen states
Link Posted: 4/21/2017 12:28:23 AM EDT
[#19]
It doesn't make them illegal the bill has wording to keep ours legal... and be able to uphold Washington law. The person who drafted the HPA did it well, and did it right.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top