Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 1/31/2017 7:13:28 PM EDT
Around 2:50pm i could swear that was a B1 that over flew Yelm,heading NW..anyone else see it?..I could be wrong about the kind of Aircraft I saw,looked like the B1
Link Posted: 2/1/2017 2:12:34 AM EDT
[#1]
Wasn't around to see it, but worthy of mention:  years ago my father and I were in the backyard one early foggy morning and a B2 flew overhead.  It was doing some very interesting maneuvering before it eventually disappeared.  Would not doubt you seeing a B1!

**Edit:  Lived next to McChord field at the time.
Link Posted: 2/1/2017 3:23:33 PM EDT
[#2]
Where I live here in Montana, we are on the direct flight path of Jets coming out of both Spokane and Tacoma when they are heading east, I have on a number of occasions looked up to see B-52's, B-1's and lots of F-16's and FA-22's.  9/11 was something with the amount of military flights that went over us, several times on that day, they went supersonic real close to where we live, it was an amazing sight and sound.
Link Posted: 2/1/2017 3:42:41 PM EDT
[#3]
Three of the coolest things I've seen aircraft wise in my life...

When I was younger, my grandma lived at our old family farm out in the Palouse wheat fields. The farm was situated in a low shallow valley with a gravel road leading to it about a mile long. When I was visiting in the summer and winter we would often hear flights from Fairchild AFB, and this was just before the USSR fell so it was still very active. One day I was out playing on the edge of the farm, which looked out over the long road. I was at the edge of the trees playing in the dirt, all of a sudden something appeared over the hills and caught my eye near the end of the road, and I saw two jets in close formation coming right at me, flying low and hauling ass. They were flying nap of the earth, probably a couple thousand feet high at most. There was no noise at first, and they came so quickly that all I heard was that sucking sound for a split second, the jets whizzed right above me, and I heard BOOM SSHHHHHHHhhhhhhh.. To a young 8-ish year old boy that was the coolest shit I had ever seen. Don't remember what kind of jets they were, probably F-15 or F-16, but to this day I remember that sight and sound vividly.

A few years back when I lived in Bremerton, I was out in the driveway one night unloading stuff from my vehicle, I heard the rumbling of multiple helicopters approaching, but couldn't see where they were. Suddenly four Blackhawks appeared, four of them in a diamond formation, with only the lead having its navigational lights on. They were flying so low that the bellies were lit by the ambient light from the orange street lights, and that was how I could see the three trailing Blackhawks that were running dark.

When we purchased our current place on Key Peninsula, I was out cutting brush and had a Kiowa pop up over the trees very low, guys sitting on the side doors with feet out on the skids.  We also routinely have Apaches and stuff coming over, and a recently was surprised to see what appeared to be an Mi-8 - probably Polish or Romanian doing training with US Army, but couldn't make out the insignia.
Link Posted: 2/3/2017 1:19:45 AM EDT
[#4]
My wife came home here in Snohomish around 6:30, and said she saw a "weird" looking plane. She drew me a picture but I didn't recognize it. I just read your post and googled the B1. Not anything like what she drew. However, it looked EXACTLY like a B2. Like a flying wing.
Link Posted: 2/3/2017 9:45:04 PM EDT
[#5]
I live in Dupont and have Army helicopters overhead all the.  Heard something really loud and close one day and went outside to see an Osprey (V-22).  It was gone before I could grab my phone to snap a pic.  It was hovering around in 'copter mode.

Rob
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top