Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/5/2017 3:06:09 AM EDT
Is interesting....Retired from the military after 22 years, 6 months and 4 days. Did nothing for 45 days on terminal leave but drink rye and sleep in every day, it was glorious. Got bored, applied for 6 jobs, got hired for 5 of them, quit them all, picked up a .GOV job that is fun. I will say that your average American under 25 based on the 5 jobs I had, have no work ethic, cannot appear to show up on time most days, smokes a lot of weed, thinks they should be paid to surf FB, have alot of drama and are whiny. The sense of freedom is refreshing though, no 0630 PT, no formations, no dumb .mil stuff, no soul sucking officer good idea fairies. I frankly miss nothing of the military other than my old Jungle warfare coffee cup I got in 1990 that some dicksuck stole off my desk on my last day in the office..( they will be held accountable, I'm searching for them).

The amount of anguish from the election in the civilian work place has been delightful, it is like ingesting unicorn tears, delicious. So far I've been called mean, to direct, to truthful, hard to work for, have to high expectations, 2 trips to HR at my old job. I talked to the HR head, explained the afore mentioned issues with the under 25 crowd, he acknowledged it and asked I him if I was fired and he said no, keep up the good work. I quit soon after as another better paying opportunity presented itself, but I did enjoy the job and it gave me some insight into the current civilian work environment. I have to say that I was frankly amazed at the amount of office relationships/shenanigans going on, back stabbing and rumormongering, all of it made the work entertaining.

For my .MIL brethren, Army especially going to JBLM for final out processing, ensure that an O5 signs your PTDY and Terminal leave forms an that a control tracking # is on it, or those crayon eating retards will hold your last pay check for over 45 days (which is against policy if you have over 45 days of Terminal Leave, did a congressional on that one). My first retirement check showed up no problem, but if you had allotments on AD, those will transfer automatically to your retirement check if you don't cancel them..learned that the hard way and no they didn't mention it at the out processing brief. Medical, ensure that Madigan documented everything on your Medical out sheet, show up with all your medical files.

All in all, being back out in the land of the unwashed savages isn't so bad...
Link Posted: 1/5/2017 3:07:50 PM EDT
[#1]
Congrats!

Quoted:
For my .MIL brethren, Army especially going to JBLM for final out processing, ensure that an O5 signs your PTDY and Terminal leave forms an that a control tracking # is on it, or those crayon eating retards will hold your last pay check for over 45 days (which is against policy if you have over 45 days of Terminal Leave, did a congressional on that one).
View Quote

What do you mean by this (other than making sure the O5 signs part)? Your last paycheck didn't get direct deposited? I'm getting out in a few months and projecting about 47-48 days of terminal, so this is relevant to my interests
Link Posted: 1/5/2017 8:54:42 PM EDT
[#2]
Congrats, glad everything is working out!
Link Posted: 1/5/2017 10:54:13 PM EDT
[#3]
This UNWASHED SAVAGE respects all y'all MILSURPS...

Thank you for your service from a 61 year-old that was spared the privilege or the nightmare, depending on how you look at it, because I'll never know.  

I like the thought that 10's of thousands of Americans served in our Military and know how to protect this country...that's alright with me!  
Link Posted: 1/6/2017 12:53:12 AM EDT
[#4]
They apparently held my last pay due to the leave forms not being signed by a lite colonel an no control number..ofcourse they didn't call me to tell me this...an at final pay review they told me everything was gtg before I signed out.
Link Posted: 1/6/2017 2:23:33 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
For my .MIL brethren, Army especially going to JBLM for final out processing, ensure that an O5 signs your PTDY and Terminal leave forms an that a control tracking # is on it, or those crayon eating retards will hold your last pay check for over 45 days (which is against policy if you have over 45 days of Terminal Leave, did a congressional on that one). My first retirement check showed up no problem, but if you had allotments on AD, those will transfer automatically to your retirement check if you don't cancel them..learned that the hard way and no they didn't mention it at the out processing brief.
View Quote

When I retired the DK (Disbursing Clerk) who was supposed to have done my pay stuff for retirement fucked it away.
I didn't find out about it until after she was on deployment on board the USS Stennis with my military pay record and my retirement pay records.
I was getting paid active duty for 6 months after I had officially retired.
DFAS knew of the fuck-up, the retirement pay people knew of the fuck-up, PSD at NAS Whidbey knew of the fuck-up, but since she had everything pay related they couldn't do shit.
I swear, not more than 20 minutes after my pay shit had been fixed DFAS took that 6 months worth of pay from my bank account.
One civilian guy at the retired section got my retired pay fixed within a day and I had a paycheck with two months back pay at the end of the week.
You guys with electronic records have it so good.  
Link Posted: 1/6/2017 3:11:02 AM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

When I retired the DK (Disbursing Clerk) who was supposed to have done my pay stuff for retirement fucked it away.
I didn't find out about it until after she was on deployment on board the USS Stennis with my military pay record and my retirement pay records.
I was getting paid active duty for 6 months after I had officially retired.
DFAS knew of the fuck-up, the retirement pay people knew of the fuck-up, PSD at NAS Whidbey knew of the fuck-up, but since she had everything pay related they couldn't do shit.
I swear, not more than 20 minutes after my pay shit had been fixed DFAS took that 6 months worth of pay from my bank account.
One civilian guy at the retired section got my retired pay fixed within a day and I had a paycheck with two months back pay at the end of the week.
You guys with electronic records have it so good.  
View Quote
It helped that I demanded copies of everything before I signed out...
Link Posted: 1/7/2017 11:59:59 PM EDT
[#7]
My son gave me this tonight....
Link Posted: 1/8/2017 12:07:57 AM EDT
[#8]
3-161...?..never heard of them.......
Link Posted: 1/8/2017 12:09:28 AM EDT
[#9]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
3-161...?..never heard of them.......
View Quote

Link Posted: 1/8/2017 2:25:01 AM EDT
[#10]
Militia

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top