Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/4/2017 9:40:39 PM EDT
Are dealers still shipping directly to C&R holders in Washington, or are they requiring orders be shipped to FFL dealers now? I searched online and I didn't find anything definitive. I figure there are some here that would know better that have tried to use theirs recently...

I remember it was a big thing after 594 passed that C&Rs would be useless, but I haven't seen much on it since. I was considering getting one since I wanted several C&R things... But if dealers are no longer honoring them, it seems like it would be a waste of time. ie AIM, Classic Firearms, Random sellers on GunBroker, etc.
Link Posted: 1/5/2017 8:57:35 AM EDT
[#1]
I think some are, some aren't.  Due to the poorly written law, it's confusing.  Some have taken the stance that it's no longer legal and will only ship to dealers.  Others not so much.

The "big" surplus dealers don't have near the selection or inventory they once did.  Most of the C&R traffic these days is likely to be single sales.  I've had no issues with a couple of deals made on Gunbroker since the law went into effect.  YMMV.
Link Posted: 1/5/2017 12:55:27 PM EDT
[#2]
Thank you, for $30 I may just get it
Link Posted: 1/5/2017 8:34:46 PM EDT
[#3]
Just received a Ruger Mk 1 thru a Gunbroker auction, FFL out of ME.
No problems with AIM, J&G Sales or RGuns in the last year.
Link Posted: 1/6/2017 4:27:10 AM EDT
[#4]
Thank you, application sent. Now the wait.
Link Posted: 1/6/2017 11:15:02 AM EDT
[#5]
My wait was only about 3 weeks when I did mine.  No problems in the last 6 months for me.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top