Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 12/30/2016 6:59:24 AM EDT
Table: "How We Voted in King County", in Seattle Times, November 16, 2016. p. B1.

Auburn: Clinton: 54%; Trump: 38%.
Bellevue: 70%; Trump: 25%.
Black Diamond: 42%; Trump: 50%.
Enumclaw: 44%; Trump: 49%.
Kent: 61%; Trump: 32%.
Maple Valley: 50%; Trump: 40%.
Redmond: 73%; Trump: 20%.
Renton: 67%; Trump: 26%.
Sammamish: 68%; Trump: 26%.
Seattle: 87%; Trump: 8%.

Source: King County precinct returns as of Nov. 8. Final results will be available Nov. 30.
View Quote

http://www.seattletimes.com/seattle-news/politics/trump-voters-hiding-in-plain-sight-in-king-county/

The precinct totals also show we have our own swath of Trump Country right here in King County. May Valley, a past hotbed of anti-government protest outside Renton, voted for Trump. Of 39 cities in King County, two voted for Trump — the towns of Enumclaw and Black Diamond, down in the southeast corner.

Rich Elfers, a history teacher who writes about politics for the Enumclaw Courier-Herald, said his town fits the Trump demographic pretty well.

“I wouldn’t say it’s that conservative here, but we’re mainly white and we’ve got a more rural mentality,” he said. “I think there’s a feeling there’s been too much cultural change, too fast. I think that likely includes some discomfort about a woman president.”

He said the towns aren’t suffering that much economically. So Enumclaw and Black Diamond are not King County’s “Rust Belt,” so much as our Kansas.

When I covered politics for a South King County newspaper in the early 1990s, these areas tended to vote Democratic. We used to joke that the Democrats of South King were more conservative than the Republicans of Bellevue.

Now, there are scarcely any liberal Republicans left. Bellevue, once the state’s capital for the moderate GOP, voted for Hillary Clinton by a whopping 45 percentage points. And what conservative Democrats were still hanging around in the South End probably went for Trump.

Meanwhile, as recently as 2004, Sammamish was the state’s “swing town,” an exact 50-50 mix. This year it went dark blue by 42 points. The new swing towns are in places like Maple Valley, Pacific, or Pierce County.

Elfers, of Enumclaw, said that for a populist uprising it was strangely quiet. There were maybe three signs up for Trump, total.

“Nobody went around talking about it, maybe because they thought they’d be judged,” Elfers said. “If we continue being so separate, we’re heading toward civil war.”
View Quote
Link Posted: 12/30/2016 10:37:59 PM EDT
[#1]
I AM THE 8%!
Link Posted: 12/31/2016 2:23:35 AM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:

http://www.seattletimes.com/seattle-news/politics/trump-voters-hiding-in-plain-sight-in-king-county/
Rich Elfers, a history teacher who writes about politics for the Enumclaw Courier-Herald...
"...I think that likely includes some discomfort about a woman president.”
View Quote

Yea, no fucktard boy.
It was not about a woman for President, it was the CHOSEN woman for President.
Most people with a functioning brain would have voted for ANYONE but Hillary.
Link Posted: 12/31/2016 4:28:42 AM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Yea, no fucktard boy.
View Quote

I thought EXACTLY the same thing! I couldn't give two shits if we had a woman president. Just not THAT woman!
Link Posted: 12/31/2016 8:05:22 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

I thought EXACTLY the same thing! I couldn't give two shits if we had a woman president. Just not THAT woman!
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yea, no fucktard boy.

One of my personal heroes (or heroine in this case) is Margaret Thatcher. I've probably read the Charles Moore books on her life at least 4 times now (I think. It might be 3 for his first volume and 4 for the latest volume) and keep an extensive library on anything published by her or about her.
There are plenty of women out here who would be great Presidents. Hillary isn't one of them.
Link Posted: 1/7/2017 12:34:04 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

Yea, no fucktard boy.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Rich Elfers, a history teacher who writes about politics for the Enumclaw Courier-Herald...
"...I think that likely includes some discomfort about a woman president.”

Yea, no fucktard boy.

It was about the chosen, lying, criminal for President. They stole the nomination from their viable candidates, manipulated the nomination of their rivals who also tried to steal the nomination, and had the full weight of the Federal government (who gave them a pass for multiple violations regarding classified material, ethics and Federal records laws), as well as the press behind them.

With all that they still  lost. We barely dodged the most corrupt political machine in modern history, and yet a majority of our neighbors STILL think they are the good guys.
Link Posted: 1/9/2017 4:54:26 PM EDT
[#6]
Speaking as someone posting on a gun board, with a vacant (Conservative) SCOTUS seat open and the only issue to be voiced by Hillary Clinton during the campaign being Gun Control, I could NEVER support her on that basis alone.

Throw in the corruption, illegal activity, her poor performance in government to date, back room deals, special favors, pay to play, Alinsky connection, and that screeching voice - there was NO WAY IN HELL I WOULD EVER SUPPORT HER!  Regardless of whether or not she had a twat.
Link Posted: 1/10/2017 5:59:03 AM EDT
[#7]
Rich Elfers can go fuck himself. He shouldn't be teaching anyone ANYTHING, especially history. I think we need a ban on high (bullshit) capacity liberals, especially within 500 feet of a school.
Link Posted: 1/10/2017 6:58:04 AM EDT
[#8]
Considering WA's electoral system and the democrats' corruption I do not trust any of those numbers, therefore what people really voted for.  They are as credible as the "alarming temperature increase" numbers that come in those global warming "reports".
Link Posted: 1/10/2017 10:51:52 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Considering WA's electoral system and the democrats' corruption I do not trust any of those numbers, therefore what people really voted for.  They are as credible as the "alarming temperature increase" numbers that come in those global warming "reports".
View Quote

A fellow who shares your name could weigh in with an opinion. Except for recounting until they got the answer they wanted, we would have Governor Rossi.
Link Posted: 1/11/2017 12:40:26 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

A fellow who shares your name could weigh in with an opinion. Except for recounting until they got the answer they wanted, we would have Governor Rossi.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Exactly.  I still remember the "recounts" and how "votes were being found everywhere".

Just look at this year's presidential election and we see the cancer spread everywhere.  We need some kind of intervention (Federal, or whatever) auditing these fraudsters and putting people in prison.  Until this happens everything will be all but words.
Link Posted: 1/11/2017 2:24:17 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

Exactly.  I still remember the "recounts" and how "votes were being found everywhere".

Just look at this year's presidential election and we see the cancer spread everywhere.  We need some kind of intervention (Federal, or whatever) auditing these fraudsters and putting people in prison.  Until this happens everything will be all but words.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

After watching the Project Veritas videos a few months ago, I thought of the Rossi recount and thought, "ahhh, so that's how they did it."  I always figured it was fraud, but now I know it was.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top