User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 1/2/2017 4:24:59 AM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

2 ft of snow in Tacoma? That doesn't happen anymore... definitely has to be global warming.

Other than a dusting and some ice this morning, we were pretty tame. I was driving back from the South today and stopped in Seatac on my way north and they got a good 4 inches out there. Back up here in south snoco, nothing.
View Quote
Got to remember that while the "fort" is in Tacoma these days, the original fort location was further south in the DuPont/Nisqually area.

There are tons of references in the Journal of Occurrences (and the other logs/diaries from settlers in the area) between 1834-1870 of some fairly deep snowfalls in that area. Definitely fits with the theory of the Little Ice Age.

Global warming is for starry eyed liberals and con artists.
Link Posted: 1/2/2017 4:40:48 AM EDT
[#2]
less than 2 inches in Monroe.
Link Posted: 1/2/2017 10:31:36 PM EDT
[#3]
Towards the Eatonvilles upwards of 5 inches in the higher elevations.   Towards the Puyallup I would say 1 inch at best.
Link Posted: 1/2/2017 11:36:02 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Towards the Eatonvilles upwards of 5 inches in the higher elevations.   Towards the Puyallup I would say 1 inch at best.
View Quote
Yup. It started for us (Eatonville) on NYE. I got about 4" just on the eastern outskirts of town. With all the sunshine we had this afternoon, it melted and refroze making for some real slick sidewalks.
 My face after nearly busting my ass walking up the steps to my house.

I foresee some car vs. ditch accidents first thing in the morning tomorrow on Hwy 7 and on SR 702.
Link Posted: 2/6/2017 10:27:15 AM EDT
[#5]
The one true Snowpocalypse 2016 / 2017 thread...
http://www.ar15.com/forums/t_8_15/608137_Snowpocalypse-2016---2017.html
Link Posted: 2/6/2017 3:34:26 PM EDT
[#6]
they called me at 0600 top tell me i didn't have to come in today.

Link Posted: 2/6/2017 4:03:51 PM EDT
[#7]
I'm in downtown Seattle and although they've kept the streets very clear, the second you get into residential it can be dicey.

It's a skeleton crew in my office. I took an UBER in and will probably be heading home in an hour
Link Posted: 2/6/2017 4:20:31 PM EDT
[#8]
I cleared about 3" off my car yesterday during the superbowl and another 3-4" off this morning. It just started dumping some more huge flakes now too.  I'm in Olympia-Lacey area.
Link Posted: 2/6/2017 5:31:58 PM EDT
[#9]
Bare pavement in Mill Creek.  I picked the wrong week to come up 
Link Posted: 2/6/2017 8:02:37 PM EDT
[#10]
They closed Whidbey because there was a half inch of snow/slush/ice on the road.  
Link Posted: 2/7/2017 12:02:52 AM EDT
[#11]
Yup, It snowed a few inches.  

I wish it would snow another foot to keep all the dumb fucks off the roads.    

Link Posted: 2/7/2017 12:18:20 AM EDT
[#12]
Link Posted: 2/7/2017 10:09:10 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
less than 2 inches in Monroe.
View Quote

Link Posted: 2/7/2017 8:09:12 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
They closed Whidbey because there was a half inch of snow/slush/ice on the road.  
View Quote

They always do that.
I got stuck on base in 2006 once because the base decided to close down after morning maintenance meeting (Master Chief Campbell, you suck, wherever you are.) I spent 4 hours in the McDonalds waiting on the line going out Charles Porter gate to get smaller.
I'm in Cheney now for school, and we've had snow on the ground over here for a month. What is fun is that it is melting some during the day and then freezing over night.
Link Posted: 2/8/2017 1:25:08 AM EDT
[#15]
I'm waiting for the heavy, frozen snow to tear all my new gutters off....I can't reach them, or I'd clear them. It'll probably happen at 0300 and scare the shit outa me...
Link Posted: 2/8/2017 8:40:41 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
I'm waiting for the heavy, frozen snow to tear all my new gutters off....I can't reach them, or I'd clear them. It'll probably happen at 0300 and scare the shit outa me...
View Quote
So no one's pissed on the roof of the caboose yet? 
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top