Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 11/21/2016 7:56:18 PM EDT
Have you found a good website that walks you through the process and just wondering what to expect.
Link Posted: 11/21/2016 9:36:34 PM EDT
[#1]
I'd like to know as well.
Link Posted: 11/21/2016 10:14:24 PM EDT
[#2]
Yes I have. LINK
Link Posted: 11/22/2016 12:02:15 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Yes I have. LINK
View Quote

Agreed the with linky. lots of details on exactly what to do.
Link Posted: 11/22/2016 8:50:06 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Yes I have. LINK
View Quote

Thank you for the link. Well written and seems very thorough.

Any comments or notes about your submission?
Link Posted: 11/22/2016 11:10:15 PM EDT
[#5]
This site is good too

http://www.texasnfatrust.com/form-1---post-atf-41f---how-to-complete-them.html

Has links and examples. I just submitted 3. Sent the question air to the state police for the Cleo.
Link Posted: 11/23/2016 11:06:10 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
View Quote

Box 4h - have to include your engraving as maker, this is new. (Even says so right on the form)

I mailed my first submission to the chief of WSP, who then scanned it and emailed it to my sheriff. Sheriff tried telling me I had to resubmit and list them as CLEO, I ignored it. I followed the federal and state laws. Even though the federal law says Chief of WSP is acceptable for CLEO notification- they dont know what they're doing.

There's a spot on fingerprint cards that asks for "Signature of person fingerprinted" I didn't sign mine, but wont know for awhile if they'll accept them.

Can't think of much else.
Link Posted: 11/23/2016 3:06:06 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

Box 4h - have to include your engraving as maker, this is new. (Even says so right on the form)

I mailed my first submission to the chief of WSP, who then scanned it and emailed it to my sheriff. Sheriff tried telling me I had to resubmit and list them as CLEO, I ignored it. I followed the federal and state laws. Even though the federal law says Chief of WSP is acceptable for CLEO notification- they dont know what they're doing.

There's a spot on fingerprint cards that asks for "Signature of person fingerprinted" I didn't sign mine, but wont know for awhile if they'll accept them.

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Thanks for the additional information and please post any updates (good or bad) on your submission as your Form 1 works it way though the process.

Link Posted: 11/24/2016 1:13:39 AM EDT
[#8]
The fingerprint cards you just sign again if you took your own prints and in the address you write, self and your address a second time.
Link Posted: 11/24/2016 1:30:19 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Just direct them here:
https://www.atf.gov/firearms/qa/who-may-qualify-certifying-official-atf-form-1-or-atf-form-4-making-or-transfer-nfa
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top