Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 11/13/2016 4:41:53 PM EDT
So I'm looking at finally turning my ACR into an SBR. I already have a trust but I've only done suppressors before so I just want to know the process before I start. Basically copy of the trust, fingerprint and photos and the 5320 with a check right? Can all this be accomplished on the eforms website?

Link Posted: 11/13/2016 5:32:25 PM EDT
[#1]
No, it has to be done via paper and snail mail
Link Posted: 11/13/2016 7:12:05 PM EDT
[#2]
Damn, oh well, thanks for that. Do I have the rest of the process correct?
Link Posted: 11/13/2016 8:18:03 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
View Quote

At this point, because they eliminated the LE sign off, you don't even really need to use a trust. You can just file as an individual.

AR15.com F1/F4 guide
Link Posted: 11/13/2016 9:31:32 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
At this point, because they eliminated the LE sign off, you don't even really need to use a trust. You can just file as an individual.

AR15.com F1/F4 guide
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

AR15.com F1/F4 guide

A trust wasnt only to circumvent LEO signature.

When (Not if) you die, your trust lives on and your spouse continues legal possession, free to keep, dispose or sell with no need to transfer into her name first or anything else.
There is sound logic to having ALL firearms ina  trust- pre 594.

Link Posted: 11/13/2016 10:56:21 PM EDT
[#5]
Avoiding LE sign-off is not the only reason for using a trust.  There is also the matter of who can possess registered NFA items.  If it is individual, then no one else can be in full possession, including a spouse or adult children.  Even leaving said items "home alone" with your spouse is not technically legal under an individual registration.

Rob
Link Posted: 11/14/2016 12:10:43 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

When (Not if) you die, your trust lives on and your spouse continues legal possession, free to keep, dispose or sell with no need to transfer into her name first or anything else.

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

AR15.com F1/F4 guide

That all depends on the wording of the trust and who is on it. Trustees only retain the item within the trust if the trust specifies this.

FYI - If you have a "fill in the blank" trust from Wades, the item automatically goes to the beneficiary listed in your schedule B. If you have a Bronze level GunDocx trust, then it is retained until no trustees remain, or if there are no additional trustees, a personal representative listed in the will or someone appointed by the court if a will does not exist.

Also, upon death, items transferred either go from the trust or individual to the designated beneficiary (if any) using a Form 5 (tax exempt). There is no need to do any additional transfers in between unless it is going out of state.
Link Posted: 11/14/2016 9:12:43 AM EDT
[#7]

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top