Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 10/22/2016 8:10:53 PM EDT
I've gotten my hands on a MP5 clone, and as it goes with clones sometimes the quality is a bit iffy and its having some problems. I'd certainly like to get it in top running form, are there any gunsmiths in the I5 corridor (Seattle and north) that are knowledgeable with HK and clones?
Link Posted: 10/22/2016 8:37:34 PM EDT
[#1]
I have no recommendation for a gunsmith, but I'm curious which mp5 clone maker it is.
Link Posted: 10/23/2016 1:30:48 AM EDT
[#2]

Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

I have no recommendation for a gunsmith, but I'm curious which mp5 clone maker it is.
View Quote

Coharie Arms
Link Posted: 10/23/2016 8:41:42 AM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:

Coharie Arms

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Coharie Arms

They were also known as Special Weapons.  Google Todd Bailey along with those brand names.

Link Posted: 10/23/2016 9:38:54 AM EDT
[#4]
What kind of issues are you having? Full size or k? You may just need to swap some parts around to find the issue. I have a full size if you wanna swap guts around sometime.
Link Posted: 10/23/2016 10:05:42 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
What kind of issues are you having? Full size or k? You may just need to swap some parts around to find the issue. I have a full size if you wanna swap guts around sometime.
View Quote

I was coming in here to say to give this guy a call, haha
Link Posted: 10/23/2016 5:38:31 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

View Quote
Full size, CA94. Getting an odd failure to reject from time to time. Happens with both the magazine that came with the firearm as well as with a genuine HK mag. I suspect the bolt may be the issue but didnt want to buy a new bolt without being sure thats what is needed. . That was one of the reasons I was going to just send it to an HK shop. They can swap out parts all day long, figure out whats wrong then sell me what I need. HK parts are too damned pricey to start buying them on a whim! If we could swap parts thought sometime that would be super handy!

About any weekend works for me, although it would be nice if you werent way out in eastern Washington.

I'm really hoping its "only" a bolt.....I have this nagging fear the flat is not to spec in which case I'll be way up shit creek and looking for a paddle.
Link Posted: 10/24/2016 9:13:28 PM EDT
[#7]
tag to see if one pops up. also have a special weapons that runs poorly
Link Posted: 10/24/2016 11:43:17 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Full size, CA94. Getting an odd failure to reject from time to time. Happens with both the magazine that came with the firearm as well as with a genuine HK mag. I suspect the bolt may be the issue but didnt want to buy a new bolt without being sure thats what is needed. . That was one of the reasons I was going to just send it to an HK shop. They can swap out parts all day long, figure out whats wrong then sell me what I need. HK parts are too damned pricey to start buying them on a whim! If we could swap parts thought sometime that would be super handy!

About any weekend works for me, although it would be nice if you werent way out in eastern Washington.

I'm really hoping its "only" a bolt.....I have this nagging fear the flat is not to spec in which case I'll be way up shit creek and looking for a paddle.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Send me a PM, I'm in snohomish and have a membership at west coast north if thats not too far away. I can bring my mp5 and swap stuff around. Something I would order regardless though would be some new extractor springs, and if you're up to it a german extractor. This weekend is kinda busy with family birthday and halloween stuff but another weekend we can try and meet up in the afternoon.
Link Posted: 10/27/2016 12:41:53 PM EDT
[#9]
I've been a bit slow this week. IM sent!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top