Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 10/15/2016 10:03:20 PM EDT
[#1]
All good in Poulsbo. Trees are swaying but nothing bad yet. Light have not flickered yet. Cross fingers.
Link Posted: 10/15/2016 10:12:36 PM EDT
[#2]
Clear skies and barely any wind in Skagit.  Lolpocalypse underway.
Link Posted: 10/15/2016 11:31:08 PM EDT
[#3]
Speechless  

Link Posted: 10/15/2016 11:38:06 PM EDT
[#4]
Lost power for 2 hours in Oly, starting at 3:45 still, pretty disappointing...
Link Posted: 10/15/2016 11:49:42 PM EDT
[#5]
Oooooooo! Big scary wind apocalypse!

9pm in Skagit and no big deal yet.
Link Posted: 10/16/2016 12:34:58 AM EDT
[#6]
The storm blew past us. Were good.
Link Posted: 10/16/2016 12:38:47 AM EDT
[#7]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
The big storm hasn't even hit yet...... what are you guys blabbering about?

STORMPOCALYPSE TO HIT ON FRIDAY!!!!! Meh...

STORMPOCALYPLE TO HIT FRIDAY NIGHT FOR SURE!!! I worked until 3am for that?

STORMPOCALYPSE WILL STRIKE SATURDAY MID-DAY FOR SURE!!! Bleh...

STORMPOCALYPSE WILL BE HERE SATURDAY NIGHT!!! FOR REALZ THIS TIME GUYZ!!! Not holding breath...

<Shaking fist at sky>Come on Mother Nature, hit us with your best shot! Show us what you've got!</Shaking fist at sky>

But yeah, this could be worse than the winter of 1996-97, when local news was suggesting that downtown Everettt might see up 3-4 feet of snow. We all died.

http://i0.kym-cdn.com/entries/icons/original/000/019/304/old.jpg

I was thinking more like Captain Dan in Saving Private Gump, but your pic is probably more accurate.
Link Posted: 10/16/2016 12:59:11 AM EDT
[#8]
16 mph peak recorded on my home weather thingy. Pretty mild indeed.

On a positive note I have a couple thousand dollars of green unsplit firewood now. All well, it needed to come down.
Link Posted: 10/16/2016 1:20:36 AM EDT
[#9]
It was sunny when I went over Deception Pass Bridge at 1700.

It rained like a mofo for an hour, now it's windy.
NAS Whidbey says 14 knots gusting to 23.
The neighbors wind meter says average 17 knots gusting to 24.

Meh.
The streets have pine needles on them.
Link Posted: 10/16/2016 3:58:04 AM EDT
[#11]

Sir James...
Link Posted: 10/16/2016 10:52:37 AM EDT
[#12]
Watching the local news this morning is a little entertaining to say the least.    Well we thought this and we thought that.  blah blah blah.

This classic totally applies.  

Link Posted: 10/16/2016 2:49:03 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
Watching the local news this morning is a little entertaining to say the least.    Well we thought this and we thought that.  blah blah blah.

This classic totally applies.  

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-f6J5VJHJf6g/UWNBvgL-HzI/AAAAAAAABGI/aL4GbxztIYU/s640/we+will+rebuild.jpg
View Quote

Link Posted: 10/16/2016 3:18:22 PM EDT
[#14]
This storm was brought to you in part by Costco and Walmart..............

I have to admit, I caved and ran down yesterday morning to the local gas station to get a few gallons of gas for the Genny.    Saw two other dudes there doing the same.
Link Posted: 10/16/2016 5:44:13 PM EDT
[#15]
I was in Okanagan hunting when my wife called last night,  fortunately I had service.  Our ten year old roof started leaking above our living room nook window,  the wall board seems got waterlogged and burst open,  spilling water onto the floor.  Water was also running into a wall seam and bubbled up the paint. Drove home today to assess damage and locate the leak in the attic.  It now appears that my week long hunting trip is over,  and I was only out there for one day. Getting insurance involved tomorrow as they may want to just replace the whole roof,  but the wall board surely needs to be torn apart now.

Last Thursday our septic lift pump float also failed,  setting off the level alarm when the pump tank almost overflowed. . Had to replace float and got the main tanks pumped whole I was at it.

Not a good week.
Link Posted: 10/17/2016 2:27:14 AM EDT
[#16]
It was a bust up here, but if you want to see some deer in the yard and a nice rainbow, check it out.

I've got the links to the action in the description.

Link Posted: 10/17/2016 9:02:47 AM EDT
[#17]
Lots of rain and some wind near the Narrows bridge, but I have seen much worse.  I think it was another case of TV stations hyping an event to get people to tune in.   They do the same thing when there is a chance of snow, and they say to prepare for a blizzard.   I call it the Chicken Little broadcasting technique.  Just another example of the media loosing credibility...at least with me.
Link Posted: 10/17/2016 8:05:41 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
I was in Okanagan hunting when my wife called last night,  fortunately I had service.  Our ten year old roof started leaking above our living room nook window,  the wall board seems got waterlogged and burst open,  spilling water onto the floor.  Water was also running into a wall seam and bubbled up the paint. Drove home today to assess damage and locate the leak in the attic.  It now appears that my week long hunting trip is over,  and I was only out there for one day. Getting insurance involved tomorrow as they may want to just replace the whole roof,  but the wall board surely needs to be torn apart now.

Last Thursday our septic lift pump float also failed,  setting off the level alarm when the pump tank almost overflowed. . Had to replace float and got the main tanks pumped whole I was at it.

Not a good week.
View Quote

Shit, deer are no where to found over here anyway. The few that are out are two points or smaller, all the big boys have moved where they can find food, the fires and extreme heat this summer has moved allot of wildlife to different areas that hasn't seen them before, there are quite a few up in the Mansfield area hiding in the  wheat fields, ones that used to be in Okanogan county, the two fires, in two years has done allot more than just property damage.  A biologist friend of mine has told me it will be quite a few years before they come back.
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top