Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 10/10/2016 11:35:30 PM EDT
I've got some furniture builds planned and I'm looking for a good source of quality exotic hardwoods consider quality then price.

Bloodwood is the first project, looking for 2"x12" x8" 2S2 or 2S4

Link Posted: 10/10/2016 11:58:45 PM EDT
[#1]
Martin's in Evertt.

http://www.martinlumberhardware.com/hardwood-pricelist
Link Posted: 10/11/2016 12:20:55 AM EDT
[#2]
http://www.edensaw.com/

Edensaw Woods in Port Townsend.  It will empty your wallet.
Link Posted: 10/11/2016 9:24:19 PM EDT
[#3]
Thanks, both those places are on my radar

There is also Architectural Woods in Tacoma

I know it's going to be costly, my angus is peppered.

Link Posted: 10/12/2016 12:24:52 AM EDT
[#4]
You want to go to Crosscut Hardwoods in the SODO.  AMAZING selection of rare and high end hardwoods for custom furniture projects.
Link Posted: 10/12/2016 7:13:59 PM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
You want to go to Crosscut Hardwoods in the SODO.  AMAZING selection of rare and high end hardwoods for custom furniture projects.
View Quote

Thanks for the tip!
Link Posted: 10/12/2016 7:54:23 PM EDT
[#6]
ill second crosscut. Good luck!
Link Posted: 10/12/2016 10:32:06 PM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 10/17/2016 9:55:14 AM EDT
[#8]
Gilmer wood company in Portland, Oregon is one of the largest importers of exotic woods in the country.  When I lived down there, I would go into their shop and see tree trunks 4.5 feet wide, and nearly 20 feet long of things like ebony, mahogany, rosewood and similar stuff.  They would also have 2 inch thick 4 foot wide, 8-10 foot long table tops,  they have a web site.  Lots of knife and handgun grip makers buy exotics from them.
Link Posted: 10/17/2016 4:21:13 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

View Quote

Came here to post this.  Seriously incredible selection of stuff...
Link Posted: 10/18/2016 12:19:24 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
http://www.edensaw.com/

Edensaw Woods in Port Townsend.  It will empty your wallet.
View Quote

I could lay in that wood tub in the front and just smell that store all day . I convinced that an Edensaw air freshener would be the best selling air freshener in history
Link Posted: 10/23/2016 12:49:50 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

You have to check them out.
Link Posted: 10/24/2016 1:16:57 PM EDT
[#12]
I was in Port Townsend last week and stopped into Edensaw. I didn't buy anything, just looked around they had some really nice product, just not exactly what I was looking for. I'll have a look at the other places too, thanks for all the tips!
Link Posted: 11/28/2016 1:14:40 PM EDT
[#13]
I ended up going to Crosscut Hardwoods last week and bought 48 bf of Jatoba. Great store with an impressive assortment of beautiful wood and the staff was very helpful too.

Thanks for the recommendation.
Link Posted: 11/28/2016 3:29:46 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
I ended up going to Crosscut Hardwoods last week ...
View Quote

Late to this party, but I wanted to chime in and add another recommendation for Crosscut - they are fantastic.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top