Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 9/23/2016 10:36:16 PM EDT
http://bnonews.com/news/index.php/mobile/id5166

BREAKING
Link Posted: 9/23/2016 10:47:30 PM EDT
[#1]
They just cut in on KOMO. WSP says 2 shot, witness at scene says there was a man with an "assault rifle".
Link Posted: 9/23/2016 10:53:30 PM EDT
[#2]
It was also said that he was last seen walking away from the mall.  Hopefully this is true and would indicate a targeted attack rather than general attempt to kill people.  Praying for the wounded...

Rob
Link Posted: 9/23/2016 10:57:27 PM EDT
[#3]
Praying for the wounded, this is just what the gun grabbers needed. They are chomping at the bit to take our rights away in this state, and this will just give them the ammo they wanted. I can't stand idiots, I hope they catch this Dbag before they harm anyone else.
Link Posted: 9/23/2016 11:09:55 PM EDT
[#4]
Hope everyone is ok & perp gets  ventilated
Link Posted: 9/23/2016 11:15:24 PM EDT
[#5]
Sure is convenient how this shit seems to happen right before a damned gun control bill vote
Link Posted: 9/23/2016 11:16:35 PM EDT
[#6]
Fuck. Soon as they start wanting to ban black rifles, one shows up in my mall.
Link Posted: 9/23/2016 11:30:09 PM EDT
[#7]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Sure is convenient how this shit seems to happen right before a damned gun control bill vote
View Quote

Unfortunately trying to explain to the left just how many on the book laws were broken  & nothing could have prevented this is hard for them to grasp .
Link Posted: 9/24/2016 12:03:45 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

It was also said that he was last seen walking away from the mall.  Hopefully this is true and would indicate a targeted attack rather than general attempt to kill people.  Praying for the wounded...

Rob
View Quote
That neck of the woods?

Definitely targeted. Without knowing all the details, sounds like a hit by rival Hispanic gang members.

Not that will do anything to keep all the liberal gun grabbing chumps from using this for Ferguson's AWB and they'll probably play a domestic violence angle to get I-1491 one last push over the top from King County.
Link Posted: 9/24/2016 12:15:36 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Fuck. Soon as they start wanting to ban black rifles, one shows up in my mall.
View Quote

I know, we drove by there, and when we got home it was just breaking on TV.

Great, some illegal gangbanger is going to make Us lose Our 2nd amendment rights.
Link Posted: 9/24/2016 12:22:12 AM EDT
[#11]
4 dead, gunman thought to be in a neighborhood.
Link Posted: 9/24/2016 1:47:43 AM EDT
[#12]
Wife just told me now they are saying 2 shooters, and shoots fired east of the mall, which is the opposite way from the freeway.
Link Posted: 9/24/2016 7:16:10 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
View Quote

Every fucking time! We are two for two now. It was the wild west up that way during 594
Link Posted: 9/24/2016 11:30:35 AM EDT
[#14]
Pic that was released shows a guy in shorts with a gun.  The gun looks like a wood-stock rifle or shotgun.  Other photos show him walking in to the mall without a weapon, so there's the possibility he had it stashed somewhere (maybe he works there) or someone handed it off to him, or he left and came back with it.  

Five dead now- four women (one or two are teens) and one male who was previously airlifted in serious condition who passed away in the night.

Link Posted: 9/24/2016 11:34:09 AM EDT
[#15]
This morning's press conference stated that they recovered the weapon. Can anyone ID  the weapon from the released picture?
They won't say. I'd think it might help knowing what it was in case anyone knows someone who may have recently purchased one.
Link Posted: 9/24/2016 12:01:26 PM EDT
[#16]
They just called it a "hunting rifle" on king5
Link Posted: 9/24/2016 2:02:04 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
View Quote

WA seems to have a lot of "conveniently timed" shootings right before they try and destroy the 2A.....its like clockwork!
Link Posted: 9/24/2016 4:03:48 PM EDT
[#18]
This reminds me of the I-5 shooting that occurred just south of there around Arlington.  The area is having problems that gun laws won't address, as usual.
Link Posted: 9/24/2016 5:47:15 PM EDT
[#19]
10/22
Link Posted: 9/24/2016 6:20:33 PM EDT
[#20]
A Ruger 10/22? Is that confirmed, or a guess?
Link Posted: 9/24/2016 7:19:49 PM EDT
[#21]
I heard a live interview from a guy last night who was there and had the rifle pointed at him.  He said the guy left it on the counter and that it was a .22.  Sounded like a level headed guy and seemed sure of what he said.
Link Posted: 9/24/2016 7:26:10 PM EDT
[#22]
Another step forward for the west coast transformation to one big California.
Link Posted: 9/24/2016 8:52:50 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
Another step forward for the west coast transformation to one big California.
View Quote

God help us.
Link Posted: 9/24/2016 10:13:38 PM EDT
[#24]
Apparently, they just arrested a person of interest in Oak Harbor.
Link Posted: 9/25/2016 12:56:32 AM EDT
[#25]
They arrested the shooter.
Link Posted: 9/25/2016 3:21:37 AM EDT
[#26]
"Island County District Court records show that Cetin was told by a judge on Dec. 29 that he was not to possess a firearm."

A criminal in illegal possession of a firearm just proves that laws won't stop shit but that won't stop the antis from ignoring that fact.
Link Posted: 9/25/2016 11:10:48 AM EDT
[#27]
Thank God our compassionate 'State Leaders®' have suspended the death penalty.
 When they eliminate 'assault weapons' their work will be practically complete.

Say -- Whatever happened to Ted Bundy?
Link Posted: 9/25/2016 11:38:43 AM EDT
[#28]
I work with the shooters father.  
Link Posted: 9/25/2016 11:49:45 AM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
View Quote

This entire mess might have been 'Deterred' by an effective death penalty for murder.  

Just be thankful you don't  work with Jay Inslee.  

Feelgood Leadership
Link Posted: 9/25/2016 7:32:45 PM EDT
[#30]
The death penalty is a punishment, not a real deterrent. We had plenty of murders before Inslee decided to change his stance on the law.
Link Posted: 9/25/2016 8:21:46 PM EDT
[#31]
Anyone hear how he got the gun?

Link Posted: 9/25/2016 8:23:36 PM EDT
[#32]
Illegally I'm sure. Since he wasn't supposed to have one.
Link Posted: 9/25/2016 10:05:17 PM EDT
[#33]

Quoted:

Anyone hear how he got the gun?

View Quote
Taken from step-father according to several articles.  Daily Mail reports it was a "Ruger .22".

Link Posted: 9/25/2016 10:52:25 PM EDT
[#34]

Quoted:

The death penalty is a punishment, not a real deterrent. We had plenty of murders before Inslee decided to change his stance on the law.
View Quote
True but we as a society have a lot to do with making our "ultimate" deterrent, something that criminals don't give a shit about. Endless appeals, quasi-celebrity status during the different trials, seperate housing, access to books/phone calls/whatever.....

If we went back to hanging a motherfucker after being found guilty or better yet, marched out into the front of the courthouse and shot in the head, I'd bet that would give assholes some second thoughts.

Also, I don't give one shit about the bullshit argument that some innocents might get caught up by the death penalty. It happens. Sucks but doing nothing results in more people being killed by those who don't fear a lifetime in jail.
Link Posted: 9/25/2016 10:52:31 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
View Quote

It deters the perp.  Works for me, so long as the perp is a perp, & not some innocent suspect caught up in a prosecutor's crusade.
Link Posted: 9/25/2016 11:17:13 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

It deters the perp.  Works for me, so long as the perp is a perp, & not some innocent suspect caught up in a prosecutor's crusade.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

100%  of all criminals that are put to death under a death penalty conviction do not commit any other crimes.....sounds like it works to me.
Link Posted: 9/26/2016 3:09:05 AM EDT
[#37]
A kid who used to work for me is dating a girl whose grandmother and aunt were shot and killed by this asshole.  I'm glad they arrested him.
Link Posted: 9/26/2016 9:40:40 AM EDT
[#38]
Its kind of funny as the details are coming out on this,it is almost disappearing from the major online news feeds
Link Posted: 9/26/2016 10:21:10 AM EDT
[#39]
Latest that was being reported this morning was that he was an immigrant from turkey and worked at the commissary on Whidbey Island.  If that is true then it would explain why it is not showing up in news feeds.  Wrong type of person using the wrong type of gun.  Had it been a white guy with a an AR-15 type rifle you wouldn't see anything but this on the news.
Link Posted: 9/26/2016 2:55:21 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
View Quote

It's only redeeming value is as a deterrent;  Why do you think it's so widely used in our country?  

If hanging doesn't deter murder it's because it takes twenty years or more for it to happen.

This Burlington murderer is wearing clean clothes, has a full stomach, a clean bed -- In many ways he's much better off than he was last week.

Life in prison doesn't appeal to our Governor, but for some, it's a viable option.  Death row will mean a private room.

Link Posted: 9/26/2016 4:11:35 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Texas can't run out of people to execute and yet people still keep doing stupid stuff knowing that they'll end up there. Not much of a deterrent.

Doesn't deter people with mental health problems and doesn't deter some gang banger who thinks he might not live to see tomorrow on the streets.

Link Posted: 9/26/2016 4:16:09 PM EDT
[#42]
It will not deter ALL murder;  To think so is really fucking stupid.  

It has always deterred those who fear punishment.   Jay Inslee 'changed his stance' for political gain.  It may have cost lives.

If you voted for him, that's your problem.
Link Posted: 9/26/2016 4:16:16 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
Latest that was being reported this morning was that he was an immigrant from turkey and worked at the commissary on Whidbey Island.  If that is true then it would explain why it is not showing up in news feeds.  Wrong type of person using the wrong type of gun.  Had it been a white guy with a an AR-15 type rifle you wouldn't see anything but this on the news.
View Quote

Exactly
Link Posted: 9/26/2016 10:08:28 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
View Quote

Father or step-father?

Thirtycal
Link Posted: 9/27/2016 2:12:09 AM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

Father or step-father?

Thirtycal
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Father or step-father?

Thirtycal

Step-father.
Link Posted: 9/27/2016 2:45:17 AM EDT
[#46]
Learned today that this guy spent 2 weeks (involutary detainment) at the psych Hosp where used to work.  Has a history of assault, etc.  Typical psych patient pattern, says the right words & presto!  Get out of psych jail to continue back on his mental train of thought where he was taken off.

Nothing will be learned from this latest retread story, politics as usual, I'm sad to say.
Link Posted: 9/27/2016 10:09:23 AM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

Step-father.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Father or step-father?

Thirtycal

Step-father.

Ok thanks. Yes it would appear that the birth father is out of the picture. All references to 'dad' or 'father' should be interpreted as step-father. Even Cetin himself referred to him as 'dad' in his facebook postings. BTW, the step-father has two natural sons from his first marriage, about the same age as Cetin.

Not sure why the super-aware step-father was letting Cetin run the show. He was even paying for Cetin's rent. Obviously he wanted to keep the wife happy. The kid was mental and needed to be institutionalized but instead was out prowling around like a rabid dog.I'd imagine the step-father has some regrets.

Thirtycal
Link Posted: 9/27/2016 10:23:48 AM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
Learned today that this guy spent 2 weeks (involutary detainment) at the psych Hosp where used to work.  Has a history of assault, etc.  Typical psych patient pattern, says the right words & presto!  Get out of psych jail to continue back on his mental train of thought where he was taken off.

Nothing will be learned from this latest retread story, politics as usual, I'm sad to say.
View Quote

"This is the exact kind of tragedy that could have been prevented by I-1491!  Please vote YES!"

You know they'll try using this heinous act in their campaign. Doesn't matter that a judge already ordered he wasn't to possess firearms. That piece of paper was quite the deterrent.......
Link Posted: 9/28/2016 3:07:04 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:

"This is the exact kind of tragedy that could have been prevented by I-1491!  Please vote YES!"

You know they'll try using this heinous act in their campaign. Doesn't matter that a judge already ordered he wasn't to possess firearms. That piece of paper was quite the deterrent.......
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

WA has a lot of "coincidental" shooting events, right before they are trying to pass an anti-gun bill, which usually matches up 100% in criteria with said event for "prevention"....
Link Posted: 9/28/2016 6:36:49 PM EDT
[#50]
Thank goodness I-594 saved those people's lives.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top