Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/22/2016 12:07:12 AM EDT
So on Tuesday, I was the lead vehicle in a three car accident. Driver of a Ford Escape rammed into an Audi, which in turn, pushed hard into my vehicle. Everyone was ok/ no life threatening injuries and I've been going through the Escape drivers insurance to get my car fixed/assessed.

They have referred me to use the Exotic Motors Collision, whom I've done some research on and they seem to have a lot of positive reviews but have some negative reviews here and there.

Was curious to hear if anyone here has used them and, if so, what experiences they have had. My car still hasn't been dropped off at the shop.

For those curious, here are some pics I took at the scene of the accident.

The driver of the Escape was traveling fast enough for her airbags to deploy, the Audi and myself both did not have airbags go off but his car had very clear panel crumpling and is definitely totaled.

My trunk will not shut now, after the insurance adjuster had me pop it to take a look at the inside, the trunk has been physically pushed in by a good 3 inches or so. The metal bar, that I could see in the new gap in my rear end, was pushed up and inward as well, the trunk doesn't align properly with the body anymore and has some physical damage at the bottom of it.

Thus far, the adjuster has just totaled what they think will be the exterior damage and further repair, when more is found, will be billed directly to them.

Any input would be appreciated as I'd hate to go to a sub standard shop that wants to put sub par parts in my car or not do the job right.
Link Posted: 9/22/2016 12:54:57 AM EDT
[#1]
I used sonic in des Moines twice. Both times they did great work, they dealt with insurance, rental cat, everything.

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top