User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 9/13/2016 2:49:54 PM EDT
[#1]

Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

The naysayers can gripe, but the Rs didn't need another eastern seaboard Demopublican like Romney or Christie.

View Quote

We got an eastern-seaboard Democrat (1950s edition) - see the latest childcare BS for further proof of Trump's lefty-ness.

Trump is far to the left of anyone the GOP has run since Goldwater.

He makes Romney seem like a Reaganite - at least on economics and foreign policy (Which is what really matters).

Link Posted: 9/14/2016 1:41:21 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:

We got an eastern-seaboard Democrat (1950s edition) - see the latest childcare BS for further proof of Trump's lefty-ness.  
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

The naysayers can gripe, but the Rs didn't need another eastern seaboard Demopublican like Romney or Christie.

I think I can put up with a little childcare BS to keep my gun rights.  
Link Posted: 9/14/2016 4:59:17 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Quoted:

I think that a NYC Democrat, who is pushing the Democrat agenda on childcare, minimum wage, entitlements & global warming... Will take your guns just as fast as Hillary Clinton - and will appoint whoever his nut-ball kids/sister/etc recommend, to the Supreme Court.

We're screwed either way this time, all because some idiots wanted to throw a temper-tantrum about economic progress & immigration.

Since July, I'm more concerned with the survival of conservative politics (sans the anti-capitalist/anti-any-immigration invasion that Trump has led) than the outcome of this election - which means that while I can't vote for Hillary, I also recognize that Trump has to lose or the paleo-Democrats solidify their takeover/'transformation' of the GOP from an upper-middle-class/capitalist party, to a white-greviance/blue-collar 'National Workers Party'
Link Posted: 9/15/2016 12:41:33 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

Will take your guns just as fast as Hillary Clinton - and will appoint whoever his nut-ball kids/sister/etc recommend, to the Supreme Court. ]
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Will take your guns just as fast as Hillary Clinton - and will appoint whoever his nut-ball kids/sister/etc recommend, to the Supreme Court. ]
I think he'd have a hard time walking back his pro-gun statements or veering off the list of SC candidates he's already published.

The Hilderbeast has made so many anti-gun statements I don't need to list them, and her SC picks would stack the Court against us for the rest of our lives, and likely the rest of our children's lives.

And those are your choices, like it or not.  I will vote for the candidate that's made pro-gun statements over the one with a track record and current agenda to take them.

Like it or not the majority of "conservatives" don't think like "we" do, and many are completely indifferent to firearms and firearms rights.  "We" aren't a big enough voting block to elect a candidate that supports our complete view.  So it comes down to: vote R if you want to preserve what you believe America is supposed to be, or tuck tail and allow the D to finish what Obama started.  There are no other choices and your principles won't amount to squat when you have to decide whether to comply with the new laws (turn them in) or take a rebel stand and let he machine bulldoze you.  You won't win.  All you will have accomplished to have become the willing patsy that furthered the disintegration of your, my, and our children's gun rights.  Let the D have the office; choose between fight or turn them in; either way they win.  They want you to believe what they're telling you; that you have no choice, that's the definition of patsy.  

Link Posted: 9/15/2016 3:11:11 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

I think he'd have a hard time walking back his pro-gun statements or veering off the list of SC candidates he's already published.

The Hilderbeast has made so many anti-gun statements I don't need to list them, and her SC picks would stack the Court against us for the rest of our lives, and likely the rest of our children's lives.

And those are your choices, like it or not.  I will vote for the candidate that's made pro-gun statements over the one with a track record and current agenda to take them.

Like it or not the majority of "conservatives" don't think like "we" do, and many are completely indifferent to firearms and firearms rights.  "We" aren't a big enough voting block to elect a candidate that supports our complete view.  So it comes down to: vote R if you want to preserve what you believe America is supposed to be, or tuck tail and allow the D to finish what Obama started.  There are no other choices and your principles won't amount to squat when you have to decide whether to comply with the new laws (turn them in) or take a rebel stand and let he machine bulldoze you.  You won't win.  All you will have accomplished to have become the willing patsy that furthered the disintegration of your, my, and our children's gun rights.  Let the D have the office; choose between fight or turn them in; either way they win.  They want you to believe what they're telling you; that you have no choice, that's the definition of patsy.  
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Trump 'walks back' his promises on a week-by-week basis. I trust him to 'be' who he was for the past 6 decades (an anti-gun, pro-tax, big-government NYC Democrat), more than I trust him to obey campaign promises that he has already shown no allegiance to, less than a year after making them...

I have enough confidence that Congress will stop gun-control cold (like they have for the last 8 years) to no-vote 'President' (or go 3rd party) & hope Trump loses.

Given 2 choices that both swear-to-God they will make America worse than it is now (and that is what Trump's agenda would do) by equal proportions, I cannot in good conscience support either.

With that said, the Democratic party won't change any between now and 2020. But if Trump wins, there will be no conservative or even slightly-conservative option, ever again in my lifetime...

We will have FDR Democrats (in the GOP) vs SJWs (real Dems), every time. The Republican party will become the party of blue-collar welfare leeches, trade unions & anti-capitalist 'economic nationalists'.

And that is far more scary than 4 years of gridlock between Paul Ryan and Hillary Clinton. Far, far more scary.

Link Posted: 9/17/2016 5:24:30 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

I think that a NYC Democrat, who is pushing the Democrat agenda on childcare, minimum wage, entitlements & global warming... Will take your guns just as fast as Hillary Clinton - and will appoint whoever his nut-ball kids/sister/etc recommend, to the Supreme Court.

We're screwed either way this time, all because some idiots wanted to throw a temper-tantrum about economic progress & immigration.

Since July, I'm more concerned with the survival of conservative politics (sans the anti-capitalist/anti-any-immigration invasion that Trump has led) than the outcome of this election - which means that while I can't vote for Hillary, I also recognize that Trump has to lose or the paleo-Democrats solidify their takeover/'transformation' of the GOP from an upper-middle-class/capitalist party, to a white-greviance/blue-collar 'National Workers Party'
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

In one breath you say that his kids will infect him with ideas that counter your views such as child care, yet you say nothing of the fact that his kids (sons at least) are huge 2A supporters to which Don Jr admits to driving around with bricks of 22 in his trunk. Cognitive dissonance much?

The simple fact of the matter, and one that arfcom is loathe to admit, is that this country is no longer "conservative" as we like to think of it.

The political debate has boiled to its synthesis:

Right = Nationalist
Left = Globalist

On a national level there will be no Goldwater (or his modern day deification Cruz) republican that swoops in to save the day, the country is just too far centrist and maybe even left of center after 50 years of progressive programming. The best chance is to get someone in who can cut through the bullshit and not be beholden to interests who can begin to replace the existing power structure with conservative leaning voices. Then after this successful "small dose", someone further to the right like Cruz can get in and continue.
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top