Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/27/2016 10:00:26 PM EDT
Anyone go to the show in Tacoma today?  Was it any good / worth going to?
Link Posted: 8/27/2016 10:43:54 PM EDT
[#1]
I liked it. Worth it if you are planning on building anything soon. Several exhibitors had coupon codes for online orders. Just don't bring a knife or guns with you, there are metal detectors.
Link Posted: 8/27/2016 11:02:12 PM EDT
[#2]
I enjoyed it but as usual, somebody's gonna whine about a free event that's never been done here...

http://www.ar15.com/forums/t_1_5/1903276_Rainier_Arms_And_PNW_Gun_expo.html
Link Posted: 8/27/2016 11:13:25 PM EDT
[#3]
Thank you for your reply..
Link Posted: 8/28/2016 1:13:39 AM EDT
[#4]
There were metal detectors at the door but it wasn't the end of the world. I headed back out to the truck and stowed my gun and knife. I
enjoyed talking with manufactures and vendors. They took as much time as needed with me and gave away a lot of swag.

Saw some new and exciting products that I would like to try out. CMT's prototype 9mm was super slick.

I found a manufacturer that ended up being local to me that will thread my milled NHM-91 Ak barrel. The trip was worth it just to find
that out with the new ITAR bullshit!!!

I was able to buy a few things at a good discount.

We ended up going to the JBLM airshow after lunch. Found a great spot just on the outside fence line.

Great day!!!
Link Posted: 8/28/2016 6:28:02 PM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I enjoyed it but as usual, somebody's gonna whine about a free event that's never been done here...

View Quote

Does my Criticism offend you? it would have took two seconds to throw it on their website or the tickets, IF I Drove It wouldn't have been an issue but I didn't, and ended up being a deal breaker for me. so I was mad, whining i don't think so. Cause who can whine when they had wonderful delicious strawberry goodness and a spicy chicken orgasm in thier mouth.
Link Posted: 8/28/2016 6:31:05 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

Does my Criticism offend you? it would have took two seconds to throw it on their website or the tickets, IF I Drove It wouldn't have been an issue but I didn't, and ended up being a deal breaker for me. so I was mad, whining i don't think so. Cause who can whine when they had wonderful delicious strawberry goodness and a spicy chicken orgasm in thier mouth.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

LOL, not all.  I actually find it amusing
Link Posted: 8/28/2016 11:04:20 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
and a spicy chicken orgasm in thier mouth.
View Quote

Link Posted: 8/31/2016 6:07:20 PM EDT
[#8]
I went with 3 friends, and despite me looking it up ahead of time (reading that concealed pistols would not be allowed due to insurance concerns in the Expo Center) one of my friends still carried his pistol and two of us still had pocket knives on.
We got up to the entrance and a lady inside announced (as if to the world) that concealed weapons of any kind would not be allowed. I casually unclipped my Emerson and stuffed it in my pockets, to which she said "there are metal detectors upstairs and you will be required to empty your pockets."  
*sigh*
Fine, took our scary 'weapons' back to the car and stowed them in the trunk (free street parking).
Came back and went upstairs to their "metal detectors" but they asked us to just hold the contents of our pockets in our hands as we went through.  This was a bit of a task for me. All this while a TPD officer leaned back in a chair and watched. No alarms went off, despite the amount of metal in my hands, and no one patted me down. What a waste of time.

Anyway, past that the show was fine. Nice presentation and easy layout. Sooo much smaller than SHOT show, which was nice.  Had some good conversations with people and got to handle a couple of unicorns, but nothing mind blowing. For free I was pretty happy.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top