Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/27/2016 7:46:23 AM EDT
Hi,

Looking for a local... If possible, gunstock maker here in Washington State.  For nostalgic reason(s), I looking for a nice walnut stock AND matching handguard for a Ruger  Mini-14, series 180 with the liberty/bicentennial (1976) markings.  Also looking to have it refinished in a factory like blue finish AND most important, NOT to damage any of the original markings in the buffing/polishing process.

Nothing fancy, but closer to a military grade walnut with the plainest grain pattern as possible.  

Ruger no longer have parts for their older series 180 rifles and I was told that if I sent I rifle in and if they, Ruger, felt that it was unserviceable, they would not return it.  But, replace it with a current model of equal value.  So sending it to Ruger isn't going to happen. I don't fear some conspiracy or anything like that, but this rifle was my father's and I was with him when he bought in back in 1976 at Warshals  on 1st Ave., downtown Seattle.  I was a 13 y/o kid and this one event got me interested in guns.  

Anyway, I was overseas in the military back in the early 80s when my father passed and my other family member took what they could and nobody knew anything about anything.  Fast forward 30 plus years, it turns up... In a battered condition, but still serviceable, so its now in my hands.  How I got her is a long and stupid @ss story... You got to love family!!  His Walther P-38 and his USGI M1 carbine and USGI M1911A1 pistol are still M.I.A., which I know that I'll never see them again.

My goal is to restore to her original condition, minus the walnut stock upgrade, and pass her down to one of my more deserving child.  I know that the standard series 180, Ruger Mini-14 isn't something that I would say has any real collector value, but its basically part of my history, which I can't put a real dollar value on.

Thanks for looking and for any advice on getting this project going!!
Link Posted: 8/28/2016 3:25:37 PM EDT
[#1]
Don't know if it will help, but try contacting Ed Lapour.  If anyone would know where to have quality work done it would be him.

Link Posted: 8/30/2016 10:48:49 PM EDT
[#2]
I'd be stunned if someone was not making and selling replacement walnut stocks for mini-14. Also, I'd bet you could find one on ebay or gunbroker, etc.

I do rust-blueing, but that would not be appropriate for a mini-14.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top