Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/14/2016 3:39:41 AM EDT
I was at Cabela's Marysville today and they had several signs posted that the NICS was down and not able to allow customers to take their firearm purchase home same day.  I asked a person I know in law enforcement and they stated that the FBI was upgrading the software and it broke the system.  Anyone here know anything else regarding this?

Link Posted: 8/14/2016 3:58:30 AM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
I was at Cabela's Marysville today and they had several signs posted that the NICS was down and not able to allow customers to take their firearm purchase home same day.  I asked a person I know in law enforcement and they stated that the FBI was upgrading the software and it broke the system.  Anyone here know anything else regarding this?  
View Quote

There was a massive delay, but I didn't see anything listed on their website saying down for maintenance. Took about an hour and a half to get some checks done this afternoon. Was weird because we started a couple at around 3:15PM. First one took about an hour, the second one took about an hour and twenty. In the meantime, we had a walk in come in around 4PM who took about a minute.
Link Posted: 8/14/2016 11:42:38 AM EDT
[#2]
This past Monday is when the NICS update was rolled out and they have had problems with it.  On Tuesday I had a transfer to do with my "in home" dealer and I got my first ever "Delay" status.  And in that status it stays to this day!  I don't discount the possibility of my guy screwing something up, but I'm still waiting since Tuesday to get my rifle.  On that same day, my friend was picking up a rifle from a different dealer and he had to wait about 30 minutes but never go a formal "delay".

Rob
Link Posted: 8/14/2016 12:11:38 PM EDT
[#3]
Hillary will pull the plug on nics, there will NEVER be anymore sales.
Make sure you have ask the guns you will ever need.

Link Posted: 8/16/2016 8:08:16 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Hillary will pull the plug on nics, there will NEVER be anymore sales.

Make sure you have ask the guns you will ever need.

View Quote

Link Posted: 8/16/2016 10:18:16 PM EDT
[#5]
Bought a new lower today. Took 45 minutes but no delay. The guys at the shop said it has been hit or miss lately.
Link Posted: 8/17/2016 2:36:22 AM EDT
[#6]
It's been inconsistent since the new NICS site. A couple times I've seen it take a couple hours, other times it has been nearly instant. Online and over the phone.
Link Posted: 8/22/2016 10:12:18 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

It's been inconsistent since the new NICS site. A couple times I've seen it take a couple hours, other times it has been nearly instant. Online and over the phone.
View Quote
Yarp, I picked up a boom stick from Mary's on Friday and the check was done in under 5 minutes.

Link Posted: 8/22/2016 10:30:50 PM EDT
[#8]
Took maybe 10m on Thursday. Not instant, but not horrendous either.

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 8/23/2016 12:53:18 AM EDT
[#9]
I've done two E-Checks since Saturday.  Both were instantaneous.  The new E-Check website layout was developed by a 92 year old blind guy who has never seen a computer before though....
Link Posted: 8/23/2016 1:35:26 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
I've done two E-Checks since Saturday.  Both were instantaneous.  The new E-Check website layout was developed by a 92 year old blind guy who has never seen a computer before though....
View Quote

No kidding.  What stood out to me was the "height" field.  A single field with no prompts as to the format that was wanted or the units.  Inches?  Cm?  Feed in decimal?  Or what my guy put in there (it was his first on the new system):  511

Rob
Link Posted: 8/23/2016 2:45:14 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

No kidding.  What stood out to me was the "height" field.  A single field with no prompts as to the format that was wanted or the units.  Inches?  Cm?  Feed in decimal?  Or what my guy put in there (it was his first on the new system):  511

Rob
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Rob

It took me a few tries on the first one (hitting review, then editing when it kept reverting to "400" no matter what I tried) until I figured out it is XYY, where X=feet and YY=inches, including zeros. So 5' 9" is "509", 6' 2" is "602", etc.
Link Posted: 8/24/2016 2:06:26 AM EDT
[#12]
Wife and I were at Adventure Sports in Lynnwood last Saturday and they were having problems with NICS as well.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top