Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 7/15/2016 10:27:31 AM EDT
A few weeks back I got some contact information from a few of you after posting another thread here.

Options are two different dates, and two different locations.  Adding a poll shortly to see where the strongest interest is.

On a little less official plans, I'll be going shooting at Range 15 to zero in a couple rifles ln either July 23 or 24.

UPDATE

It's official, the votes are in.  The venue for this shoot is going to be the Triangle Gravel Pit in Capitol Forest.  I'll update this thread tonight with better details on the location for those who are not familiar with it.  Start time is 09:00 AM and this will go on to "whenever".  I will arrive around 8-830 timeframe.  If anyone wants to do a breakfast before, let's discuss in this thread.

If anyone has collapsible tables, target stands, gazebos, etc. - if you're willing to put in the work - please bring them.

Following the shoot, I plan to leave around 12-1pm and attend the Olympia Brew Fest following range time.  Probably show up at that event around 2-3pm

Please feel free to IM me for my cell # in case you don't already have it.

Hope to see you there!

GPS Coordniates for the Pit:

Lat - 46d-56'-37.09" N
Long - 123d-04'-18.81" W

I can also meet at the LA Fitness in Lacey if anyone wants to follow me in.
Link Posted: 7/15/2016 11:02:21 AM EDT
[#1]
Sunday, August 7th looks good, right now at JBLM.
Link Posted: 7/15/2016 1:57:00 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 7/16/2016 12:39:39 AM EDT
[#3]
I don't shoot on Sundays. I'll be at range 15 that week, unless it rains. I'll be at range 15 tomorrow (Sat).
Link Posted: 7/16/2016 10:51:28 PM EDT
[#4]
how to get to the pit at Capitol?  Is there more than 1?
Link Posted: 7/20/2016 12:12:56 AM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Sunday, August 7th looks good, right now at JBLM.
View Quote

Same for me. If I'm not enjoying 24 hours ops fun.
Link Posted: 7/20/2016 5:17:34 PM EDT
[#6]
Which pit at Capitol Forest are you thinking of?
Link Posted: 7/21/2016 11:47:04 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Which pit at Capitol Forest are you thinking of?
View Quote

Probably the triangle pit, its the biggest and easiest to get to.
Link Posted: 7/28/2016 1:09:21 PM EDT
[#8]
Bump!
Link Posted: 7/29/2016 12:48:48 AM EDT
[#9]
I may be game for this.

I did head to the pit on the C-line about a week ago and it was closed down. Lots of signs saying no-go, area watched with camera, etc.

Not sure if you're talking about the same pit.
Link Posted: 7/29/2016 3:03:28 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
I may be game for this.

I did head to the pit on the C-line about a week ago and it was closed down. Lots of signs saying no-go, area watched with camera, etc.

Not sure if you're talking about the same pit.
View Quote

You can search "triangle pit olympia" and it shows you the pit on the map and directions, its probably not the same one.
Link Posted: 7/30/2016 7:43:20 PM EDT
[#11]
I walk dogs at the humane society on Saturday mornings. I won't be able to make it for the shooting, but y'all enjoy it. The brewfest sounds like a good time, may have to try to make it to that.
Link Posted: 7/31/2016 11:41:55 PM EDT
[#12]
How do you input the Long Lat into something like the mapquest on an iPhone?
Link Posted: 8/1/2016 12:01:08 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

A few weeks back I got some contact information from a few of you after posting another thread here.

Options are two different dates, and two different locations.  Adding a poll shortly to see where the strongest interest is.

On a little less official plans, I'll be going shooting at Range 15 to zero in a couple rifles ln either July 23 or 24.

UPDATE

It's official, the votes are in.  The venue for this shoot is going to be the Triangle Gravel Pit in Capitol Forest.  I'll update this thread tonight with better details on the location for those who are not familiar with it.  Start time is 09:00 AM and this will go on to "whenever".  I will arrive around 8-830 timeframe.  If anyone wants to do a breakfast before, let's discuss in this thread.

If anyone has collapsible tables, target stands, gazebos, etc. - if you're willing to put in the work - please bring them.

Following the shoot, I plan to leave around 12-1pm and attend the Olympia Brew Fest following range time.  Probably show up at that event around 2-3pm

Please feel free to IM me for my cell # in case you don't already have it.

Hope to see you there!

GPS Coordniates for the Pit:

Lat - 46d-56'-37.09" N

Long - 123d-04'-18.81" W

I can also meet at the LA Fitness in Lacey if anyone wants to follow me in.
View Quote

I'm in.
Link Posted: 8/1/2016 12:01:41 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:

View Quote
For Google Maps, you can just convert DMS to decimal, and type the coordinate pair into the search box.

Eg: 46.94364,-123.0719

Or google 'Triangle Pit, Capitol Forest' - it's actually publicly marked place on google maps.

Triangle Pit: https://goo.gl/maps/23bVy5B2QNK2
Link Posted: 8/1/2016 8:06:43 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
For Google Maps, you can just convert DMS to decimal, and type the coordinate pair into the search box.      

Or google 'Triangle Pit, Capitol Forest' - it's actually publicly marked place on google maps.

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Thank you Dave_A, I've been solely operating off a phone since the update.  Not much chance to dig in for the details.

Again want to reiterate I'm open to meeting anyone at another location a little earlier if you need someone to follow-in.  I'll be bringing at least one, if not two cases of water so we can stay hydrated.

Does anyone plan to bring targets?  Rangefinders?

Also, anyone can feel free to IM me if you want my cell #
Link Posted: 8/2/2016 10:58:45 PM EDT
[#16]
We used to call that the "suicide pit".....  I won't shoot there anymore.  Seen too many unsafe people there.  I'll have to pass.
Link Posted: 8/3/2016 1:08:11 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
We used to call that the "suicide pit".....  I won't shoot there anymore.  Seen too many unsafe people there.  I'll have to pass.
View Quote

I've seen that behavior as recently as 5 yrs ago.

The people that I've seen since venturing back out have been incredibly safe since.  Regardless, definitely respect your choice.  I stayed away for a long while (two-three years) over similar feelings.
Link Posted: 8/4/2016 6:04:44 PM EDT
[#18]
I want to go but its a 2 hour ride for me and my daughter fly's in that morning!
Link Posted: 8/5/2016 11:51:54 AM EDT
[#19]
I won't be able to make it.

I was hired by my neighbor earlier this week to rip out all the walls in his bathroom and hang new Sheetrock to refinish the room.
Link Posted: 8/6/2016 5:31:53 PM EDT
[#20]
Thanks to exilefromhell and Dave_A for making it out!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top