Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 7/2/2016 10:59:59 PM EDT
This January someone broke into my house and stole my wife's jewelry including our wedding bands, her silver, TV and a few other items. Total loss was about $3000. This last week I received a letter from the Prosecuting Attorney Mark Lindquist's office saying no charges would be filed and we would receive some of our property back. We got our wedding bands back last Thursday.

Is there a way to petition or obtain more information about this case? I called Mark Lindquists office and the woman who answered the phone wouldn't say anything. Useless.

It sickens me that someone could be caught with my personal items and nothing is done about it because of a "lack of evidence". It came from my house and had our names on it! I couldn't care less about the stupid worldly items, my only concern is that my wife spends lots of time outside the house gardening and now I am afraid for her welfare when these people return again. They could easily overpower her. I'm only concerned for her safety.

Any help or insight would be great. The indifference makes me sick.

Thanks

On a positive note, have a happy 4th of July!
Link Posted: 7/3/2016 10:10:13 AM EDT
[#1]
Take the case # to the police department and request a copy of the police report. Its all public record so you should be able to get it. They may redact the subjects personal information.
Link Posted: 7/5/2016 10:00:15 AM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Take the case # to the police department and request a copy of the police report. Its all public record so you should be able to get it. They may redact the subjects personal information.
View Quote

South Sound 911 Public Records Requests .
Link Posted: 7/5/2016 9:43:21 PM EDT
[#3]
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

South Sound 911 Public Records Requests .

They may have been located at a pawn shop. Without positive ID of the person that pawned it the prosecutor will often not file.
Link Posted: 7/10/2016 1:10:01 PM EDT
[#4]
Pawn shops don't take anything without positive ID. EVERYTHING that comes thru the door must have state issued ID attached to it.
Link Posted: 7/11/2016 12:07:44 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Pawn shops don't take anything without positive ID. EVERYTHING that comes thru the door must have state issued ID attached to it.
View Quote

I don't know all the ins and outs of it but apparently the pawn shop registry commands a fee to be accessed and some jurisdictions choose not to pay that fee, and so don't have access.

My wife was dealing with one jurisdiction in response to thefts for a few months.  They were completely worthless so she started working with another overlapping jurisdiction who looked a few things up and had a suspect in a couple days.

It's appalling that in this day and age WA doesn't have a better system in place.
Link Posted: 7/11/2016 3:00:31 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

I don't know all the ins and outs of it but apparently the pawn shop registry commands a fee to be accessed and some jurisdictions choose not to pay that fee, and so don't have access.

My wife was dealing with one jurisdiction in response to thefts for a few months.  They were completely worthless so she started working with another overlapping jurisdiction who looked a few things up and had a suspect in a couple days.

It's appalling that in this day and age WA doesn't have a better system in place.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Nobody cares about property crime. Best case scenario, the officer tells you to keep an eye out on Craigslist for it.

The Seattle Times made a stink about it a couple years ago, and the chief said enough to get people to stop talking about it, but they still don't care.
Link Posted: 7/11/2016 12:35:58 PM EDT
[#7]
Try this:  LEADS

I don't know of any pawnshop, nor cop shop that doesn't use this.  Admittedly, that doesn't mean they all do.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top