Link Posted: 6/20/2016 10:52:17 PM EDT
[#1]
Fuck that place
Link Posted: 6/20/2016 10:56:30 PM EDT
[#2]
FPNI

Link Posted: 6/20/2016 11:24:54 PM EDT
[#3]
I drove 2 1/2 hours to that store super excited to get some new stuff.
After talking to mr know it all mc grumpy I haven't been that pissed off at
a store ever.
I will forever spend my money elsewhere.
Link Posted: 6/20/2016 11:29:20 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
a store ever.
View Quote

Who is mcgrumpy?
Link Posted: 6/21/2016 12:01:44 AM EDT
[#5]
I'm guessing that bloviating POS owner?
Link Posted: 6/21/2016 10:39:48 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

Who is mcgrumpy?
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
a store ever.

Who is mcgrumpy?

The guy who can't sell overpriced heavily taxed ammo?
Link Posted: 6/21/2016 8:19:22 PM EDT
[#7]
I'll never set foot in that store.
Link Posted: 6/21/2016 9:53:31 PM EDT
[#8]
Lol..
Link Posted: 6/21/2016 10:46:48 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

View Quote

I take it you arent applying?

Link Posted: 6/21/2016 11:15:00 PM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 6/22/2016 12:04:43 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

Maybe because most/many/a lot gun people would disagree with many/most/a lot of the owners views on those topics?

View All Quotes
Quoted:

You must be able to leave your politics and religion at home. Forcing your religious and/or political opinions on customers or coworkers is grounds for immediate termination.

Maybe because most/many/a lot gun people would disagree with many/most/a lot of the owners views on those topics?

Correct, but the rule is more about the owner not wanting to alienate liberal customers, seeing as that Sergey has said before that he sells to a lot of his fellow MS employees - and their politics are predictable if not hypocritical.
Link Posted: 6/22/2016 3:11:44 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Frankly, I hope he goes out of business.
Link Posted: 6/22/2016 4:21:10 PM EDT
[#13]
Link Posted: 6/22/2016 4:55:29 PM EDT
[#14]
I'm guessing we won't see this thread duped on TOS?

Link Posted: 6/22/2016 5:27:05 PM EDT
[#15]
I'm kind of conflicted by this thread.

I never understand it why legal gun owners try to eat their own, or would hope that people in the industry fail.  This type of behavior seems self destructive to the community, but is a common thread across GD and other forums.  I can't count the number of 'fuck that guy or business' threads on ARFCOM.   I liken that stance to a Fudd behavior mentality.  I thought the blog post about the most recent events in Orlando seemed rational enough to me ( http://preciseshooter.com/WeeklyUpdate/2016-06-15.aspx ).  I guess I'm not up on the latest hype on how I'm supposed to feel about a particular business or person in our community.

I've been to the shop and didn't have any issues.  Prices and selection seemed pretty good.  If  I don't like the way I am treated at the counter, I generally let that be my guide for purchasing decisions.  I generally try to support my local businesses vs. big box stores where possible.   Otherwise, big box will take over and good luck retaining legal gun ownership in the future.

Also, I sure as shit wouldn't want to go to a store and have someone start preaching religion or politics to me.  Some shit should stay personal.  Nothing more annoying that self righteous behavior behind the counter at your local small business to drive away patrons.

My 2 cents.
Link Posted: 6/22/2016 5:57:07 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
I'm kind of conflicted by this thread.

I never understand it why legal gun owners try to eat their own, or would hope that people in the industry fail.  This type of behavior seems self destructive to the community, but is a common thread across GD and other forums.  I can't count the number of 'fuck that guy or business' threads on ARFCOM.   I liken that stance to a Fudd behavior mentality.  I thought the blog post about the most recent events in Orlando seemed rational enough to me ( http://preciseshooter.com/WeeklyUpdate/2016-06-15.aspx ).  I guess I'm not up on the latest hype on how I'm supposed to feel about a particular business or person in our community.

I've been to the shop and didn't have any issues.  Prices and selection seemed pretty good.  If  I don't like the way I am treated at the counter, I generally let that be my guide for purchasing decisions.  I generally try to support my local businesses vs. big box stores where possible.   Otherwise, big box will take over and good luck retaining legal gun ownership in the future.

Also, I sure as shit wouldn't want to go to a store and have someone start preaching religion or politics to me.  Some shit should stay personal.  Nothing more annoying that self righteous behavior behind the counter at your local small business to drive away patrons.

My 2 cents.
View Quote

It's not complicated.

1) The man is a liberal democrat that saw a way to make money off conservative gun owners. It's not his livelihood, nor do I think it's a majority of his income (it takes a lot of volume of non-firearms sales which are low margin to make a decent living in this industry).

2) He made his views well known about how he votes and who he supports on a local and national level. Any self-respecting gun owner that actually understands what the 2nd Amendment is for is being deliberately obtuse by voting for a democrat and is only paying lip service. Democrats just aren't constitutionalist, at least not anymore.

3) His blog post about not succumbing to the panic is completely self-serving. Now that he isn't a kitchen table FFL and has a storefront aka overhead, he needs inventory to actually sell. Most gun stores work through distributors, Sportsman Supply, Sport South, RSR, Lipsey's, Farwest (which is Outdoor Emporium/SportCo), guess who gets inventory first when it's scarce? Not stores like his.

If you want to be a capitalist and take advantage of a market great, go for it. If you want to go on local gun boards and proclaim how you actively support people opposed to your constitutional rights at the same time, you're just exposing yourself for who you are.
Link Posted: 6/22/2016 7:25:46 PM EDT
[#17]
I understand where S-I-S is coming from, and while I agree with his logic in general, we do have enemies within our ranks. Not everybody is proRKBA.

Example, last week a well known manufacturer had hildabeast come speak at their plant. Our guys were understandably not happy and the pitchforks came out.
SirGay has made his bed. He is not on our side.

I actually think opposition to him is a more morally honest position than that of TOS who only cater to him and censor in his name because of his financial  sponsorship.
Link Posted: 6/22/2016 7:36:31 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
I understand where S-I-S is coming from, and while I agree with his logic in general, we do have enemies within our ranks. Not everybody is proRKBA.

Example, last week a well known manufacturer had hildabeast come speak at their plant. Our guys were understandably not happy and the pitchforks came out.

SirGay has made his bed. He is not on our side.

I actually think opposition to him is a more morally honest position than that of TOS who only cater to him and censor in his name because of his financial  sponsorship.
View Quote

I look at it this way, I'm not going to change the owner's mind, just like I'm not going to change the mind of Jeff Bezos or Jim Sinegal. The difference is he's running a small business that literally caters to the locals, since you have to be a WA resident to even buy a pistol. His business is literally built around a local clientele and how they view his business practices.

As far as I know his prices are fair and he's straightforward in person, but I won't support someone's hobby business who has quite vocally made it well known how he feels and whom he sides with.

As for Team Wendy, well we all know who butters their bread, it's gov. contracts, not you or me. I expect them to be as conservative as a Lockheed Martin or a Boeing.

Some of their employees on the other hand I'd bet either didn't attend the Hildabeast's performance or were stewing, forced to listen to it by their sr. leadership teams.

Link Posted: 6/24/2016 8:56:39 PM EDT
[#19]
The owner is better than you and smarter than you. I don't know why anyone shops with this jackass. Constantly running his mouth about his biggest demographic, I don't get it. Oh wait he's better than you that's right. Fuck that guy.
Link Posted: 6/25/2016 12:36:47 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
The owner is better than you and smarter than you. I don't know why anyone shops with this jackass. Constantly running his mouth about his biggest demographic, I don't get it. Oh wait he's better than you that's right. Fuck that guy.
View Quote

You forgot that he also has more money than you,  believes in equal education for all, but constantly boasts about sending his daughters to private school.

Really there is a reason why many people do not like the guy,  especially if you've tried to have a conversation with him over on TOS as you all seem to call it.  No matter the topic,  he will steer it towards talking about how awesome he is.  You will get to hear about how you are uneducated white trash if you disagree with him on anything.  He has kicked customers out of his store when they introduced themselves as people from thr forum,  who it turned out he did not like.

Just an all around great guy to do business with.
Link Posted: 6/27/2016 1:46:12 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

Correct, but the rule is more about the owner not wanting to alienate liberal customers, seeing as that Sergey has said before that he sells to a lot of his fellow MS employees - and their politics are predictable if not hypocritical.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

You must be able to leave your politics and religion at home. Forcing your religious and/or political opinions on customers or coworkers is grounds for immediate termination.

A would-be employer posting termination-related tripe in a employment listing should be a red flag to even someone who is homeless.  Buyer beware, appropriate pun possibly intended.
Link Posted: 6/28/2016 2:37:58 PM EDT
[#22]
Can anyone provide a link to his negative blog posts or "TOS" site?
I'd like to read them at the source.
Thanks!
Link Posted: 6/29/2016 10:55:58 AM EDT
[#23]
There are a few "TOS".  This time it is waguns.org AFAIK.
Link Posted: 6/29/2016 1:34:16 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
Thanks!
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Thanks!

He also said a lot of retarded things on Reddit which he has now gone back and deleted.

Mostly support for UBCs, firearms/owner registration, and Democrat politicians.

Here is one thread that is still left
https://www.reddit.com/r/IAmA/comments/16xw1p/i_am_a_firearms_dealer_ask_me_anything/

I agree that licensing firearms owners like we do license drivers would not be a bad thing.

Registration of guns may make person-to-person transfer easy.
Currently in the US only dealers can transfer guns interstate, and this is because only they can be compelled to keep documentation. If there were a gun registry, transferring a gun from person A to person B would be as easy as logging into two accounts and dragging and dropping it from one to the other.
Link Posted: 6/29/2016 6:52:45 PM EDT
[#25]
How have I missed this gem of a place

OK, back to the job qualifications;

Just a couple of many;

We do not support an arrogant, know-it-all attitude which is often present in gun stores

You must be genuinely interested in helping customers

Better odds of finding a gold coin on the sidewalk based on what I have seen in 40 years of going to gun shops.

Link Posted: 6/30/2016 3:41:14 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
Thanks!
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Thanks!

Here's some stuff I posted a while back.

http://www.ar15.com/forums/t_1_5/1738294_interesting_opinion_on_the_NRA_and_Conservatives_from_a_gun_shop_owner_in_the_PNW.html

Here is a gem of a quote from Reddit:

"Topic for possible academic paper: correlation of Obama-hate and low intelligence. I think I can predict the results..."
Link Posted: 6/30/2016 8:52:11 PM EDT
[#27]
Todd Herman on KTTH just has a piece on how great Sergey was for moving to Sno county.
Had Sergey saying gun businesses should boycott any sales to Seattle City Govt.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top