Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 6/17/2016 7:57:01 PM EDT
With the latest craze, one of the things I realized is my lack of knowing other gun owners in the area.  Albeit I know a few in Washington, but we're all spread out or their knowledge is little.  I'm interested in finding a group of shooting buddies, qlbeit if its just two of us or five that go out, the point is in getting to know others that enjoy our hobby and respectfully so.

For starts, I live in Steilacoom and frequent the Olympia/Lacey area pretty often.  My range of choice is Range 15 at Fort Lewis though I also goto thr Capitol Forest pit often enough.  If you're someone interested, and looking for individuals in your parts of Washington state - post here and lets see if we can get something going.
Link Posted: 6/17/2016 8:39:46 PM EDT
[#1]
I'm down.

I usually shoot in Gig Harbor but five rounds off a bench is getting kinda boring.

It would be great the 'network' a little more too.
Link Posted: 6/17/2016 9:22:56 PM EDT
[#2]
I'm down... I'm located in University Place so I'm just a short drive away. I still dont know where the gravel pit out in Capitol Forest is and would love to shoot either there or on Lewis.
Link Posted: 6/17/2016 10:07:09 PM EDT
[#3]
I'm also in University Place and would love to shoot some steel at long range with people.
Link Posted: 6/17/2016 11:36:11 PM EDT
[#4]
I should have mentioned that I'm in north tacoma but my shop is just north of TCC
Link Posted: 6/18/2016 12:24:13 AM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I'm also in University Place and would love to shoot some steel at long range with people.
View Quote

If you see either a red Beetle or a silver jeep with a BFL on the back its the wife or I.
Link Posted: 6/18/2016 2:07:10 AM EDT
[#6]
what are the reqs to get on range 15?
Link Posted: 6/18/2016 3:11:25 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
what are the reqs to get on range 15?
View Quote

It's outside the gates, drive up to it and go into the office and pay.
Link Posted: 6/18/2016 11:44:13 AM EDT
[#8]
Alright, everybody that has responded so far should have my contact info.  Ironically I was just asking another guy I met recently, a GF's coworkers husband, and we now have plans set for tomorrow to go shooting 10 AM at Capitol Forest.  I have to be back up to Tacoma area by 1, but figure pop off a few rounds wih the guy.  Anyone is welcome to join, we're probably going to meetup outside of LA Fitness in Lacey around 0930.
Link Posted: 6/19/2016 1:51:52 AM EDT
[#9]
There used to be htf gtg's and shoots, but I haven't been to one for a long time. I'm busy in the near future, but I'd be interested in meeting up with some folks.  I'm in the jblm area also.
Link Posted: 6/19/2016 3:22:02 AM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

With the latest craze, one of the things I realized is my lack of knowing other gun owners in the area.  Albeit I know a few in Washington, but we're all spread out or their knowledge is little.  I'm interested in finding a group of shooting buddies, qlbeit if its just two of us or five that go out, the point is in getting to know others that enjoy our hobby and respectfully so.

For starts, I live in Steilacoom and frequent the Olympia/Lacey area pretty often.  My range of choice is Range 15 at Fort Lewis though I also goto thr Capitol Forest pit often enough.  If you're someone interested, and looking for individuals in your parts of Washington state - post here and lets see if we can get something going.
View Quote

Interested... Presuming that I can find time to go shooting in between the Guard & home rennovation...
Link Posted: 6/19/2016 3:23:28 AM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

There used to be htf gtg's and shoots, but I haven't been to one for a long time. I'm busy in the near future, but I'd be interested in meeting up with some folks.  I'm in the jblm area also.
View Quote

See the tacked thread at the top of the forum...

They're having one next weekend (IIRC)...
Link Posted: 6/19/2016 11:44:09 AM EDT
[#12]
it's likely i'll throw my hat in the ring when i'm done out here.
Link Posted: 6/19/2016 11:49:19 AM EDT
[#13]
I will see all of you at range 15. I'm there just about every Saturday morning. Mostly, I shoot the pistols. Sometimes I shoot the rifles. Send me a PM and I'll identify myself.
Link Posted: 6/19/2016 7:22:06 PM EDT
[#14]
I'm in DuPont, and also mainly use range 15.
Link Posted: 6/19/2016 8:06:50 PM EDT
[#15]
I'd be in for a Saturday or late Sunday shoot. I hate that the people's republic of King Kounty despises ranges.
Link Posted: 6/20/2016 12:35:52 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
I'd be in for a Saturday or late Sunday shoot. I hate the the people's republic of King Kounty despises ranges.
View Quote

Some of us out in the boondocks of Occupied Territory King County have enough of our own land to shoot on... Not much, 25-40yds maybe, but enough to at least do something.

The King Co irregulars need to network and start getting to know each other better, probably more than anybody else in the state right now.
Link Posted: 6/20/2016 11:29:57 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
Alright, everybody that has responded so far should have my contact info.  Ironically I was just asking another guy I met recently, a GF's coworkers husband, and we now have plans set for tomorrow to go shooting 10 AM at Capitol Forest.  I have to be back up to Tacoma area by 1, but figure pop off a few rounds wih the guy.  Anyone is welcome to join, we're probably going to meetup outside of LA Fitness in Lacey around 0930.
View Quote

That's funny, I was down there yesterday too.  Went with a friend and we met some guys from another forum in Lacey on the way.
Link Posted: 6/20/2016 4:49:54 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
I'm down.

I usually shoot in Gig Harbor but five rounds off a bench is getting kinda boring.

View Quote

I live in Dupont and work in Gig Harbor.  I'm a member at GHSC and try to shoot on Thursdays after work.  How often are you there?  PM me if you might be interested in meeting on day.  I shoot rifles and pistols there and swear I'm going to get back into shooting Trap.  I'd love to find a place that I can practice more "action" pistol and rilfe.  I shoot Glock Shooting Sports Foundation matches a couple of times a year and I'm not improving very fast due to lack of practical practice.

Rob
Link Posted: 6/21/2016 4:43:54 PM EDT
[#19]
I live just north of Gig Harbor and would absolutely be interested.  We have a new baby so I don't know how often I can get away to do it but I'm always willing to try.  I have a .308 that is in desperate need of stretching it's legs out.  Also just built a 3 gun AR that needs to be broken in.
Link Posted: 6/21/2016 5:07:11 PM EDT
[#20]
I do most of my shooting at Upper Nisqually Sportsman's club because they have steel for rifles out to about 550 yards that I can shoot whenever there isn't a match going on.  It takes me about 50 minutes to drive there, but it feels much safer than going out into the pucker brush where I would often run into people I would rather not be around...(crank freaks, and people who are drinking and shooting at the same time)  It would be fun to get to shoot with more people on a casual basis other than shooting in matches all the time.  

Nisqually has practical rifle (sort of like precision) matches every month that are usually 90% steel out to about 550 yards, but I do enjoy casual shooting other than matches...
Link Posted: 6/26/2016 12:06:00 PM EDT
[#21]
IM sent
Link Posted: 6/26/2016 2:13:59 PM EDT
[#22]
Already mentioned to the guys whose contact info I have that I'd be shooting on July 9.  Strongly leaning toward Range 15 because I need to zero a couple rifles but may choose Capitol Forest depending how many want to go.
Link Posted: 6/26/2016 2:22:08 PM EDT
[#23]
How long of a range does "Range 15" have?
Link Posted: 6/26/2016 2:22:19 PM EDT
[#24]
Edited out my double post...oops

Edited in, whats the cost at range 15?

Also edited in...your avatar makes me wanna FUC***G Puke.    LOL
Link Posted: 6/26/2016 4:50:07 PM EDT
[#25]
IM answered..
Link Posted: 6/26/2016 11:44:14 PM EDT
[#26]
I am in South King County and would love to get together with some of the other members in the area. Anybody wants to meet let me know. Can be at a range or in the mountains.

Quoted:

Some of us out in the boondocks of Occupied Territory King County have enough of our own land to shoot on... Not much, 25-40yds maybe, but enough to at least do something.

The King Co irregulars need to network and start getting to know each other better, probably more than anybody else in the state right now.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I'd be in for a Saturday or late Sunday shoot. I hate the the people's republic of King Kounty despises ranges.

Link Posted: 8/1/2016 2:59:24 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
I'm down.

View Quote

Came here to say this.  Can't make it to the shoot this weekend, but would be down for any future ones.
Link Posted: 8/1/2016 9:43:24 PM EDT
[#28]

Quoted:

View Quote

Google gives me JBLM morale page, Says $7, out to 300 yds.
Ive still never been, want to go.
Do they have the good old military popups? Does te military still have the good old human silhouette popups? 300 yds sounds real familiar.  

It also says,

Who may use the range? All military issued ID card holders and sponsored

non-military guest may use the facilities (NOT OPEN TO THE PUBLIC)”.

Link Posted: 8/2/2016 2:09:16 PM EDT
[#29]
I live in Lacey and frequent Range 15 almost every weekend. Would be happy to meet up. Heck I may have already met some of you and not known it.
Link Posted: 8/2/2016 2:12:01 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

Do they have the good old military popups? Does te military still have the good old human silhouette popups? 300 yds sounds real familiar.  

It also says,

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

It also says,

No pop ups unfortunately. Pistol at 10 and 25 yards I think? Rifle 25, 50, 100, 200, 300. There's some steel myself and the employees put up every weekend for people to shoot out at 300.

If a few of you wanna schedule it, I'd be happy to bring a couple people.
Link Posted: 8/2/2016 3:22:20 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
I live in Lacey and frequent Range 15 almost every weekend. Would be happy to meet up. Heck I may have already met some of you and not known it.
View Quote

Wonder if we have met before.  Mike_P rings a strong bell for some reason.
Link Posted: 8/2/2016 6:44:50 PM EDT
[#32]
Not open to public? Must be .mil sponsored???

Link Posted: 8/2/2016 9:49:16 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

View Quote

Why do you keep repeating yourself?
Link Posted: 8/2/2016 10:00:56 PM EDT
[#34]
I'm trying to get a question answered??
Link Posted: 8/3/2016 12:31:33 AM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
I'm trying to get a question answered??
View Quote

Gotcha.

It's never been steadily enforced every time I've been there for past 5 yrs, and even in the far past some over 10 yrs ago before I'd gone overseas.
Link Posted: 8/3/2016 5:59:41 AM EDT
[#36]
I know I'm asking for an opinion here....

Does it seem more like an article 134, to keep the shitheads out? If you are squared away and act like you probably have military bearing and wear your pants around your waist there shouldn't be a problem?

Thx.

I don't want to waste a trip.
Link Posted: 8/3/2016 10:49:33 AM EDT
[#37]
Somehow missed this thread. I live in Dupont, I'm out of town pretty much through Labor Day weekend but I'm down any time after that
Link Posted: 8/3/2016 12:27:46 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Perhaps you read my home invasion thread?

I'm there all the time with a buttload of suppressors and SBR's.
Link Posted: 8/3/2016 12:29:33 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

View Quote

They have never had a problem with me bringing non-mil/veterans without ID cards, as long as they pay like everyone else.

I normally meet people there as they have no problem getting to the range since it does not require going through a manned gate or anything. I normally have them take the Roy gate.
Link Posted: 8/3/2016 12:30:42 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

Does it seem more like an article 134, to keep the shitheads out? If you are squared away and act like you probably have military bearing and wear your pants around your waist there shouldn't be a problem?

Thx.

View Quote

No trip would be wasted as long as you either have a mil id or DOD id. OR if you go with someone who has an ID, then you can join.
Link Posted: 8/3/2016 2:49:17 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

What cans ya got? I just submitted my first from 4
Link Posted: 8/3/2016 3:16:44 PM EDT
[#42]
Also, is anyone planning on attending the GSSF shoot in Port Townsend Aug 20-21?
Link Posted: 8/3/2016 8:58:45 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Larue 7.62
Saker 7.62
Specwar K
Form 1 7.62
Spectre II
Tirant 9
Form 1 22lr
etc...

More in jail too.
Link Posted: 8/3/2016 10:43:40 PM EDT
[#44]
I take civilian guests (friends) to JBLM Range 15 quite often. Never a problem. Just meet up with someone who is mil or DOD. Meet up with Mike_P.
Link Posted: 8/12/2016 4:35:11 PM EDT
[#45]
Hear ye, hear ye! Or something...

I might be hitting the range on post this Sunday. I have one interested party already, if anyone else thinks they wanna join, I'm thinking maybe 2 or 3 people max per trip might be manageable? We would only have 1 lane, I could maybe get hooked up with 2 but let's see how the first trip goes.

Shoot me an IM if you find yourself interested in coming.

Full disclosure. You can shoot anything of mine, just help out with some ammo. ;) Silencers, SBR's, 260 Rem Larue Tobr, maybe the 308 Larue Tobr if I haul both out, Another 308 AR I need to adjust the gas block on, Suppressed Scorpion, etc...
Link Posted: 8/12/2016 7:12:21 PM EDT
[#46]
I'll be at range 15 Saturday morning. Gonna shoot the pistols this week.
Link Posted: 8/12/2016 9:54:17 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

No trip would be wasted as long as you either have a mil id or DOD id. OR if you go with someone who has an ID, then you can join.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Thx.

I don't have past mil but have TWIC, CPL, and a security clearance. Are they going to give me shit if I show up alone?

I have wanted to join the group here but have been slammed on weekends with work and family obligations.
Link Posted: 8/12/2016 11:17:46 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

I don't have past mil but have TWIC, CPL, and a security clearance. Are they going to give me shit if I show up alone?

I have wanted to join the group here but have been slammed on weekends with work and family obligations.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Thx.

It's possible that they could turn you away. None of your credentials mean much to them without being some type of mil/civ service dod unfortunately. Keep in mind I say possible as they might make you show ID.
Link Posted: 8/15/2016 12:12:05 AM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
Also, is anyone planning on attending the GSSF shoot in Port Townsend Aug 20-21?
View Quote

I may show up....
I pissed this weekend away, so If Im not there next weekend, it will be the next.

This is the club Im a member of.

They also do some 3 gun up there.
Link Posted: 8/15/2016 3:11:15 PM EDT
[#50]

Quoted:
It's possible that they could turn you away. None of your credentials mean much to them without being some type of mil/civ service dod unfortunately. Keep in mind I say possible as they might make you show ID.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Thx.

Easy solution to that: Have one or more .mil members show up & 'sponsor' everyone as a guest...

If it was a weekend where I was free, I'd come down & say 'they're all with me'...

'Course, CavVet might not find that solution 'acceptable'... He doesn't like me much...
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top