Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 6/8/2016 2:29:07 PM EDT
Looking to find out when we can submit form 1's in Washington for SBR's?
Link Posted: 6/8/2016 2:30:25 PM EDT
[#1]
Tomorrow, June 9th.
Link Posted: 6/8/2016 2:35:11 PM EDT
[#2]
Thank you I knew it was close!
Link Posted: 6/9/2016 12:49:08 PM EDT
[#3]
NOW! DO IT NOW!!! (and prepare for a 9 month wait?)
Link Posted: 6/9/2016 5:03:29 PM EDT
[#4]
Not if you have an asshole CLEO like Sheriff Pastor, who will not sign anything.

I haven't gone the trust route so I just have to wait for 41P so I can do a Form 1 and send him a "fuck you" letter.
Link Posted: 6/10/2016 1:20:36 PM EDT
[#5]
I'm getting a "System Outage"notice on the eforms site - I wonder if WA has overloaded it?

I'll keep trying, have about 4 to submit!
Link Posted: 6/10/2016 1:25:09 PM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I'm getting a "System Outage"notice on the eforms site - I wonder if WA has overloaded it?

View Quote

I did mine yesterday, and the site seemed a bit sluggish, I was wondering the same thing!
Link Posted: 6/10/2016 1:39:06 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

I did mine yesterday, and the site seemed a bit sluggish, I was wondering the same thing!
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I did 3 around 11:30 yesterday, and it went very smoothly. I clicked on about half an hour ago out of curiosity, and the Eforms site is down. I almost waited until today. Glad I didn't.
Link Posted: 6/10/2016 2:47:59 PM EDT
[#8]
Just got in, it could be an intermittent outage. I love .gov efficiency
Link Posted: 6/10/2016 4:28:40 PM EDT
[#9]
The level of shittiness a computer system needs to be in this day and age to buckle under that few of survey/form submissions is actually pretty impressive.

They clearly have that bitch hooked up to a dial up modem and it's chugging away on Windows 3.1, government efficiency at it's finest.
Link Posted: 6/18/2016 1:21:21 PM EDT
[#10]
I managed to get 6 of the 7 forms in before their site crashed I hope they are all in there and no data is lost.
Link Posted: 6/18/2016 8:15:05 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
The level of shittiness a computer system needs to be in this day and age to buckle under that few of survey/form submissions is actually pretty impressive.

They clearly have that bitch hooked up to a dial up modem and it's chugging away on Windows 3.1, government efficiency at it's finest.
View Quote

Just be glad we don't have to submit punch cards...
Link Posted: 6/19/2016 12:56:58 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

View Quote

yes. it's shockingly bad, even to a person with ZERO faith in government efficiency/capabilities. IIRC, Silencer Shop offered to build ATF a GOOD eForms site and ATF refused. I understand there are procurement rules/laws etc, but come ON. Any private enterprise using a system as inefficient as eForms would go out of business within 24 hours. There's literally no reason why a regular eForms user couldn't just have a single page where they fill in the info for the specific gun and everything else could just be an auto-fill. Trust on file, saved in the system. Boom. Done with a form app in 30 seconds.
Link Posted: 6/26/2016 2:59:58 PM EDT
[#13]
I filled mine out last night.

IE, was worthless, and had to download chrome to make it work, and then it was no problem.
Link Posted: 7/5/2016 9:55:43 AM EDT
[#14]
You guys got SBRs?  [cool]

(Don't mind me, just researching gun laws in advance of a potential move)

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 7/6/2016 2:29:23 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

View Quote

WA sucks for gun laws...you might consider AZ, UT, NV etc. for better ones. GA and FL are pretty good too. Not sure about every other state, but the entire left coast (CA, OR, WA) are in a race towards the bottom.
Link Posted: 7/6/2016 2:25:32 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

WA sucks for gun laws...you might consider AZ, UT, NV etc. for better ones. GA and FL are pretty good too. Not sure about every other state, but the entire left coast (CA, OR, WA) are in a race towards the bottom.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Other than no machine guns or sbs, and the recent "sometimes followed" I594 background check law, what makes WA so bad for gun laws? We had the first "shall issue" CPL (circa 1960's) , state preemption and are an open carry state. We are much better than most of the rest of the other states, despite our libtard representatives.
Link Posted: 7/6/2016 4:10:41 PM EDT
[#17]
To some of us mgs, SBS, and ubc are a very big deal. Our "menacing" law is fraught with danger and it's highly likely that the legal situation will get much worse with the protective order BS, where literally anyone that just doesn't like you can get your guns taken away for up to a year with ZERO evidence or the ability to defend yourself from it happening. Sure, if you pay a lawyer a bunch of money you might someday get your guns back...maybe. That's not how things are supposed to work in America on any issue, let alone a constitutional right. That's the path this state is headed down. I don't disagree that we have some ok laws (SBR legalization was a small miracle in itself), but Seattle is only going to get worse and more dominant in our state's politics. Someday we'll likely have an AWB and mag limits. Next thing you know it's bullet buttons and NY compliant ARs.

This isn't a nationwide trend. Many other states are passing positive gun laws. WA isn't the worst, but it's far from the best and isn't trending well either. It's ominous... That's probably the best way I can describe it.

Link Posted: 7/7/2016 10:31:35 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
To some of us mgs, SBS, and ubc are a very big deal. Our "menacing" law is fraught with danger and it's highly likely that the legal situation will get much worse with the protective order BS, where literally anyone that just doesn't like you can get your guns taken away for up to a year with ZERO evidence or the ability to defend yourself from it happening. Sure, if you pay a lawyer a bunch of money you might someday get your guns back...maybe. That's not how things are supposed to work in America on any issue, let alone a constitutional right. That's the path this state is headed down. I don't disagree that we have some ok laws (SBR legalization was a small miracle in itself), but Seattle is only going to get worse and more dominant in our state's politics. Someday we'll likely have an AWB and mag limits. Next thing you know it's bullet buttons and NY compliant ARs.

This isn't a nationwide trend. Many other states are passing positive gun laws. WA isn't the worst, but it's far from the best and isn't trending well either. It's ominous... That's probably the best way I can describe it.

View Quote

Understandable.  I'd hate to get "trapped" in a state until retirement because of my job if they passed CA or NY style laws.  I've got a cousin out there and my sister and her family just moved.  My wife and I have had our eye on Washington for several years.  I looked at moving out there 7 or 8 years ago, but the no SBR and your weird  (at the time) suppressor laws put a halt to it.  

Seattle's Medic One program  for myself (a FF/Medic) and the opportunities for my wife, a RN, to take our careers to places we can't in Indiana (or many other places) are hard to ignore.

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top