Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 4/14/2016 10:05:50 PM EDT
Good evening. I am just moving into the area of Kitsap county, coming from Southern California. I just saw an ad for the gun show later in the month and was wondering if it would be worth my time. I am looking for some parts to finish up a build and would rather snag local than online, but not searching for any particular item. If you could share your thoughts on this gun show I would appreciate it.
Link Posted: 4/15/2016 12:01:23 AM EDT
[#2]
Save your time and money. Big Top shows are a huge bust.
The WAC. (Washington Arms Collectors) show is in Puyallup Fairgrounds next weekend. It's THE show to go to. Only members can buy firearms, but everything else is fair game.
Link Posted: 4/15/2016 12:16:22 AM EDT
[#3]
Exactly what I was looking for, thank you.

How does one become a member of the Washington Arms Collectors?

Never mind, looked it up my damn self.
Link Posted: 4/15/2016 9:23:40 AM EDT
[#4]
When you go to the WAC show in Puyallup be ready for a long line to get in. You can join WAC at the show after you stand in another long line.  
Link Posted: 4/15/2016 9:59:32 AM EDT
[#5]

Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

When you go to the WAC show in Puyallup be ready for a long line to get in. You can join WAC at the show after you stand in another long line.  

View Quote
Or get there right at opening before the line forms.  Alternatively, go in the afternoon and the lines tend to be shorter.

Link Posted: 4/24/2016 12:27:12 PM EDT
[#6]
I went yesterday to "That Show"

$9 .....I went, but didn't go.
Link Posted: 4/24/2016 10:56:18 PM EDT
[#7]
I didn't get to either show this weekend. We just got into our house so too much to do.

Will hit a WAC show soon.
Link Posted: 4/25/2016 12:46:41 AM EDT
[#8]
What area of Kitsap county are you in?
Link Posted: 4/25/2016 4:57:59 PM EDT
[#9]
Most of the people who take the time to sell at gun shows count on most people not knowing where to find the items at their cheapest...they hope to at a higher price by offering consumers a convenience of picking up things immediately.

Check out the prices on the EE here, both used and new.  I think the best prices I have found are on this site.  Even considering dealer pricing that is offered to some people, I have gotten even better deals in everything from barrels to small parts through the EE (equipment exchange) here.
Link Posted: 4/26/2016 10:41:59 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Or get there right at opening before the line forms.  Alternatively, go in the afternoon and the lines tend to be shorter.

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Or just go to their office in Renton and be the only person there signing up.
Link Posted: 5/1/2016 6:12:07 PM EDT
[#11]
Sorry for not keeping this more current. We bought a home on the west side of Silverdale.

My honey-do list has exploded! I will get to a show sooner or later.

Will check out the EE here too. I want an XDs 45 mod 2. They are kind of new I guess so I may be stuck with sportsman's warehouse.
Link Posted: 5/1/2016 10:42:06 PM EDT
[#12]
WAC show looked fairly busy this Saturday. I think the closer we get to the election, the busier it will get.
Link Posted: 5/4/2016 8:56:20 PM EDT
[#13]
I've been pretty disappointed with gun shows here in WA lately. The WAC shows have some decent merchandise, but it's all overpriced. On top of that, you have to pay to be a member to buy or sell firearms, and the entrance fee ain't great. WAC shows kind of defeat the whole purpose of gunshows for me. The other shows just don't have a great selection, and prices still aren't great. I'd love to buy local if it didn't make me feel like an idiot for overpaying that much.
Link Posted: 5/5/2016 10:01:38 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
I've been pretty disappointed with gun shows here in WA lately. The WAC shows have some decent merchandise, but it's all overpriced. On top of that, you have to pay to be a member to buy or sell firearms, and the entrance fee ain't great. WAC shows kind of defeat the whole purpose of gunshows for me. The other shows just don't have a great selection, and prices still aren't great. I'd love to buy local if it didn't make me feel like an idiot for overpaying that much.
View Quote

I guess it all depends on what you're looking for. I see plenty of things for sale there that are priced just as good as online dealers. And I don't have to pay shipping or wait a week. Also, if you're into stuff that everyone else isn't, you can still find deals. I spotted a fairly decent Winchester 1895, 1901 manufacture for about 1/2 of what they usually go for. I was on a strick budget though. Otherwise I would have jumped all over it.
Link Posted: 5/6/2016 12:32:14 AM EDT
[#15]
Small world, I work in Silverdale, live in Kingston.....But shoot in Jefferson County.
Link Posted: 5/10/2016 9:32:18 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
Small world, I work in Silverdale, live in Kingston.....But shoot in Jefferson County.
View Quote

I work down in the shipyard. Haven't been shooting yet.
Link Posted: 5/10/2016 10:49:19 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I worked on Keyport and now on Bangor.  I shoot in Jefferson County too.
Link Posted: 5/15/2016 11:28:21 PM EDT
[#18]
Maybe we need a kitsap county meet and greet....
Link Posted: 5/16/2016 6:04:27 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
View Quote

I'm usually monitoring 146.520 on 2 meters and 446.000 on 70cm, so if you call that's sort of a meeting.  
Link Posted: 5/19/2016 11:59:56 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
View Quote

Surely.
Link Posted: 5/21/2016 5:15:49 PM EDT
[#21]
Im up for it, who wants to pick a time and place?

How many are in Kitsap county?
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top