Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 11/18/2015 10:51:59 PM EDT
Able Company/1/505th Parachute Infantry Regiment (reenacted)

We are always looking for good guys

4-5 weekends a year of squad and platoon+ tactics.  some guys are vets , most just motivated history buffs. Besides a rifle platoon,(AR15 is hot linking the word rifle to an ad, not my doing)  we also have a company HQ+ to run all S functions and such for those either more interested in that, or for guys that are broken, temporarily broken, need to get in shape, etc

Its not often you get to work as a squad and platoon, and even if you can, you don’t have opfor with multiple platoons and armor. ;-) It strenuous and fun, and you’ll usually feel like you’re in a movie with everything going on around you.

We fight 3-4 weekend “battles” a year, one three day training weekend, and in 2016 we are going to start shooting a couple three-gun matches together

its not free, all your WWII gear costs between $500-1000 and you need a WWII gun, M1 Garand, Carbine, Thompson, etc. Weekends are about $35 event fee, $50-100 or so for blanks depending on how much you shoot, and $20 for food (we have a mess Sgt cooking hot chow)All-in-all not a super expensive hobby and you can get most all your money back, if you quit

So besides good solid infantry tactics, its fun WWII history, and a great way to meet a lot of like minded individuals. Guys from the unit participate in all kinds of other various historical units from coastal defense to aircrew. So if you like history these are the guys.

If you’re interested give me a PM.

ABLE Company
Link Posted: 11/19/2015 12:26:30 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 11/19/2015 4:04:49 AM EDT
[#2]
The group is closed so we can't see anything on the facebook page, and your second link doesn't work. Sounds neat though, I sent a join request to get more details. Have a m1 so that's a start.
Link Posted: 11/19/2015 6:02:21 AM EDT
[#3]
I'm pretty sure everyone I see at the Sequim gun shows fought in WW2 if not 1 .
Link Posted: 11/19/2015 1:40:10 PM EDT
[#4]
Sounds pretty cool, but sadly I don't have the time availability right now to participate.  My two daughters activities come first right now, and that usually fills a week, a weekend and more (somehow......)  

BUT, any opportunities to spectate?  Might even be a "history lesson" for my kids.  Or I could show up with my camera and play "combat photographer".
Link Posted: 11/19/2015 2:22:10 PM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
The group is closed so we can't see anything on the facebook page, and your second link doesn't work. Sounds neat though, I sent a join request to get more details. Have a m1 so that's a start.
View Quote

I fixed the link, I should have done a test shot on it.

yes the group is closed, but interested people can join, its just its impossible to have an open FB group without constant spam.
Link Posted: 11/19/2015 2:24:33 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Sounds pretty cool, but sadly I don't have the time availability right now to participate.  My two daughters activities come first right now, and that usually fills a week, a weekend and more (somehow......)  

BUT, any opportunities to spectate?  Might even be a "history lesson" for my kids.  Or I could show up with my camera and play "combat photographer".
View Quote

there are a few scripted public events and its of educational events throughout the year, but the tacticals are private. It kind of defeats the purpose of doing all the work to make everything look perfect to them look over and see a family or guy in modern clothes with modern cameras. We have photographers, but they are all in period dress and they cant wander around as its a "battlefield" and they can get shot too.
Link Posted: 11/19/2015 2:26:50 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
View Quote

I didn't see your join request
Link Posted: 11/19/2015 2:52:39 PM EDT
[#8]
[URL=http://s823.photobucket.com/user/_RAGNAR_/media/Mobile%20Uploads/IMG_1939_zps7u7ry80k.jpg.html][/URL
Link Posted: 11/19/2015 2:53:13 PM EDT
[#9]

Link Posted: 11/19/2015 2:53:45 PM EDT
[#10]
[URL=http://s823.photobucket.com/user/_RAGNAR_/media/Mobile%20Uploads/IMG_1549_zpsktisycgd.jpg.html][/URL
Link Posted: 11/20/2015 12:26:14 AM EDT
[#11]
That sounds and looks like a blast.
Link Posted: 11/20/2015 12:54:24 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
That sounds and looks like a blast.
View Quote

its super fun
Link Posted: 11/24/2015 8:09:57 PM EDT
[#13]
Link Posted: 11/24/2015 10:00:22 PM EDT
[#14]
Where is bunnyman?
I think he retired just before the end of WWII, he may still have his gear.
Link Posted: 11/25/2015 9:04:26 AM EDT
[#15]
I am in one of the German units that provides loyal opposition to RAGNAR's paratroopers at tactical events. His AB unit is full of outstanding guys and a good time is had by all. Try it!

Shameless plug: If any of you want to come out German, shoot me a message.

Link Posted: 11/25/2015 11:09:54 AM EDT
[#16]
Looks like the Germans have tanks to play with and the Americans only have jeeps.  hhmmmmmm
Link Posted: 11/25/2015 11:31:22 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
Looks like the Germans have tanks to play with and the Americans only have jeeps.  hhmmmmmm
View Quote

In fairness, the GI's get more tank participation than the Germans...
Link Posted: 11/25/2015 2:36:45 PM EDT
[#18]
I have a K98 and M1s... I could do either but I'm a broken, fat guy that cant afford the uniform items.

it looks like a damn blast though
Link Posted: 11/25/2015 10:37:03 PM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

And they win?

Link Posted: 11/28/2015 7:09:54 PM EDT
[#20]
That looks super fun. Where do you guys do it?
Link Posted: 11/29/2015 9:28:55 AM EDT
[#21]
Tactical events are usually held on private sites in Washington, Oregon and Idaho. Public display events are all around the NW. We set up a big display at Armed  Forces Day on JBLM.
Link Posted: 11/29/2015 11:49:13 PM EDT
[#22]
Jeez.....brings  back memories.  Looks like when I used to reenact with the PNWHG.  Some of those photos look like Camp Adair.

Edit:  Spelling mistake
Link Posted: 11/30/2015 11:55:45 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
Jeez.....brings  back memories.  Looks like when I used to reenact with the PNWHG.  Some of those photos look like Camp Adair.

Edit:  Spelling mistake
View Quote

yep some of those are adair, we have a few PNHWG guys in the unit. A good mix of old reenactors and brand new lung guys
Link Posted: 11/30/2015 11:58:32 PM EDT
[#24]
Desdinova721

your inbox is full
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top