Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 11/18/2015 7:19:14 PM EDT
A few days ago he apparently encouraged his off duty officers to carry extra magazines as well as their sidearm when out of uniform.

I went on a few ride-alongs with him almost 20 years ago and he seemed to be a gun guy, but he's a democrat and a cop, soooooo theres that.....

Anybody know where he stands on us regular nobodys having guns?
Link Posted: 11/19/2015 12:15:47 AM EDT
[#1]
He seems like "guns for law enforcement" type. I voted for him in the last election I lived in King County but I don't see him signing Form 1's anytime soon.

One of these days at a Reichert meet and greet, I'll have to ask him if there is/was an official policy around ATF paperwork.
Link Posted: 11/19/2015 11:20:11 AM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 11/19/2015 1:52:06 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
A timely article

http://mynorthwest.com/992/2850537/Sheriff-says-consider-arming-yourself-against-terrorist-attack

He recommended that his off-duty deputies carry their service weapons, along with extra magazines, in case they encounter a terrorist act in progress.

But what about the average citizen? If we're trained and have a license to carry, should we arm ourselves? Sheriff Urquhart had a refreshing answer when I interviewed him Tuesday night on the Jason Rantz Show (weeknights, 7-10 p.m.).

"I'm not going to be presumptuous and say somebody should carry a gun and I'm not going to be presumptuous and say somebody shouldn't carry a gun," Sheriff Urquhart declared. "To be armed is a very personal decision ... and everybody has to make that decision themselves without input from me and frankly, anybody else."

He says that if you choose to arm yourself, take special care of the responsibilities that comes with this decision.

Usually, we're told by public officials that being armed is never the right move and that we ought to leave it to the professionals. For the Sheriff to be so even-keeled and rational is so refreshing, especially since it'll likely tick off local anti-gun activists who want him to tow the line of saying no to citizens with guns.

Interesting.
Link Posted: 11/20/2015 6:00:10 PM EDT
[#4]
Hasn't anyone found out the answer by bringing him an ATF form for his signature?  That is how I found out my sheriff's attitude on guns; he signed.  Salisbury and Whybark (former sheriff) are both Democrats.

Randy
Link Posted: 11/20/2015 9:09:50 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

Hasn't anyone found out the answer by bringing him an ATF form for his signature?  That is how I found out my sheriff's attitude on guns.  he signed.

Randy
View Quote
I want to go down to PCSO headquarters to get an answer but I always chicken out. Of course, It's the same reason I don't talk guns or advertise the fact that I'm a gun owner in my neighborhood. No bumper stickers, no arf stickers, no nothing. Won't even shoot at the range about two minutes from my house.

Fly under the radar.

Link Posted: 11/20/2015 9:15:46 PM EDT
[#6]
To each his own.  I try to be as high profile as I can; I don't post signs on my lawn saying I have a gun collection in the house though.  From 2011-2014 I hosted a silencer shoot (with FFL/SOT's attending) at a local range and invited people to use my suppressed firearms.

Randy
Link Posted: 11/21/2015 2:47:16 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

I went on a few ride-alongs with him almost 20 years ago and he seemed to be a gun guy, but he's a democrat and a cop, soooooo theres that.....

View Quote

Dont forget he is a politician.
I told my Brother when he made full bird he should stay in and get his star....He flat refused. Said its all political from that point.

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top