Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/1/2015 9:00:23 PM EDT
Wind storm blew a >120' cottonwood over onto my fence. Root mass is sticking up sideways even after the trunk was cut up and the stump cut down. Approach on the outside is through maybe 60' or so of heavy blackberry bushes and mixed trees, on the inside there is a fairly narrow (maybe 6') gap between the deck and the porch. A small skid steer etc could probably make it through the back yard side. Might need something bigger for the blackberry side. Root mass is sticking up probably 12' or so into the air, and is still anchored on the side it fell towards. Any thoughts? I need to get it gone before I can repair the fence, and I'm concerned my ducks will escape or neighborhood dogs will get in.
Link Posted: 9/2/2015 11:14:12 PM EDT
[#1]
I 'd bring my boom truck up but I don't think it would do the job since the roots are partially stuck in the ground.  

I would recommend cutting it up into smaller pieces.  

It's going to suck, as I'm sure you are aware.

Buy some extra chain saw chains and get a metal blade for your weed wacker.
Link Posted: 9/3/2015 12:31:12 AM EDT
[#2]
I am also in North Bothell/Mill Creek and had a massive cottonwood come down (destroying our fence and landing on the neighbors house).  I also have 5 more massive cottonwoods about to fall (already uprooted) on my house, YAY!  I have a local fellow (Bothell based) coming out this weekend to cut and remove everything.  If you'd like his contact info, shoot me an IM.  He isn't cheap, but, he's done tree work form me before and is a great arborist.  It's kinda a shit show around here huh?
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top