Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/27/2015 3:32:51 PM EDT
It’s probably a pipe dream, but let’s discuss it anyway.

Would you be in favor of WA issuing an Enhanced CPL?  I know there are a few states with two levels of concealed carry permits/licenses.

An Enhanced CPL would require some training and qualification minimums, but such a license may allow carry in states that currently do not honor WA’s CPL because WA issues CPLs without those requirements..

I think I could get on board with it as long as it doesn’t change the current CPL process.  Maybe a holder of an Enhanced CPL would be allowed carry in schools and stadiums, and possibly other restricted locations.  Would an ECPL just be more confusing?
Link Posted: 8/27/2015 4:08:24 PM EDT
[#1]
Sacrilege I know, but I have no problem with a proficiency requirement so I would be ok with an enhanced CPL.
Link Posted: 8/27/2015 4:38:25 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 8/27/2015 5:04:19 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Training/proficiency requirements may sound good until you realize what can happen when the .gov starts messing with the cost and availability.

Only offered Wednesdays from 1-230pm, must attended 2 consecutive sessions, sessions limited to first 10 people.  
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Sacrilege I know, but I have no problem with a proficiency requirement so I would be ok with an enhanced CPL.

Training/proficiency requirements may sound good until you realize what can happen when the .gov starts messing with the cost and availability.

Only offered Wednesdays from 1-230pm, must attended 2 consecutive sessions, sessions limited to first 10 people.  
That's how I feel as well, and why I would want the regular CPL to remain the same.  The enhanced CPL would be optional.
Link Posted: 8/27/2015 5:15:56 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 8/27/2015 6:49:01 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

Only offered on the fifth Wednesday after a blood moon from 12:00- 12:05, must attended 12 consecutive sessions, sessions limited to first 2 people.

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Only offered on the fifth Wednesday after a blood moon from 12:00- 12:05, must attended 12 consecutive sessions, sessions limited to first 2 people.

Fixt.
These raggedy fuckers will never give one millimeter.

If given the chance, preemption will disappear and we will be California overnight.

Link Posted: 8/28/2015 7:55:22 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

I see a pandoras box.  Introduce it for the enhanced CPL and see how long it takes a multimillion dollar bankroll to show up and push the initiative petitions up and down the I-5 corridor.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

That's how I feel as well, and why I would want the regular CPL to remain the same.  The enhanced CPL would be optional.

I see a pandoras box.  Introduce it for the enhanced CPL and see how long it takes a multimillion dollar bankroll to show up and push the initiative petitions up and down the I-5 corridor.

This.

I would be normally in favor.  However, seeing how progressive-liberals push their agendas the standard would end-up more difficult to get/renew and this new one would be a unicorn hunt.

I have zero trust on those people.  If it was possible to be negative trust it would be negative.  

Link Posted: 8/28/2015 11:22:30 AM EDT
[#7]
The first thing that comes to my mind is liability for those who chose to stay with the original permit.  God forbid someone is forced to use lethal force to protect themselves and they don't have the  enhanced permit.  They will get eaten alive in court with the prosecutor saying that if they had received training they might have been able to avoid killing Mr. McBadguy but they chose not to only because they just wanted a permit to carry a gun to kill someone.
Link Posted: 8/28/2015 8:20:14 PM EDT
[#8]
Utah.
Link Posted: 8/28/2015 8:58:54 PM EDT
[#9]
Let's not try  and fix what isn't broken. Our CPL laws are one of the few good things we have....for now.
Link Posted: 8/28/2015 10:10:55 PM EDT
[#10]
No.

CPL itself is even unconstitutional IMO, but we will play the game for now.

If there is a proficiency requirement to hold a CPL, next thing you know we will face Illinois-style FOID and proficiency requirements to go with that.
Link Posted: 8/28/2015 10:21:11 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Let's not try  and fix what isn't broken. Our CPL laws are one of the few good things we have....for now.
View Quote
This....
Link Posted: 8/29/2015 12:38:43 AM EDT
[#12]
How about NO.

It may sound good on paper, but it would easily be used against us, read above on how.
Link Posted: 8/29/2015 6:31:04 AM EDT
[#13]
I shouldnt have to pay for a permit in the first place, so please no one push this. If anything we shouldnt need a separate card it should be on our ID. Could be a little gun on our ID similar to a heart for organ donors.
Link Posted: 8/29/2015 3:42:58 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
Utah.
View Quote

With my Utah permit, I'm good in 33 states.
Link Posted: 8/30/2015 1:28:24 PM EDT
[#15]
There are places I shouldn't carry?!? You mean the places with metal detectors only, right?
Link Posted: 8/30/2015 3:32:03 PM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:

No.

CPL itself is even unconstitutional IMO, but we will play the game for now.

If there is a proficiency requirement to hold a CPL, next thing you know we will face Illinois-style FOID and proficiency requirements to go with that.
View Quote

Agreed.

Link Posted: 8/30/2015 4:52:13 PM EDT
[#17]
Link Posted: 8/31/2015 12:35:52 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

I wouldn't. Fuck that, not in a million years. The only one who gets to make the decision whether I carry or not is me. You don't put conditions on rights.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

This.

I would be normally in favor.  However, seeing how progressive-liberals push their agendas the standard would end-up more difficult to get/renew and this new one would be a unicorn hunt.

I have zero trust on those people.  If it was possible to be negative trust it would be negative.  

I wouldn't. Fuck that, not in a million years. The only one who gets to make the decision whether I carry or not is me. You don't put conditions on rights.

Yes.  However, it would be better that people did some practice with the stuff they buy.   How many buy something and never practice to at least feel how it works?

Nevertheless, since a while ago I also gave it a "fuck that".  Sick and tired of the progressive-liberals' bullshit.  

Link Posted: 8/31/2015 6:14:39 PM EDT
[#19]
It's my natural right as a citizen.  I don't need a proficiency class to use it.  Take the effort to make an enhanced licensed and put that effort into removing the current restrictions.
Link Posted: 8/31/2015 7:31:49 PM EDT
[#20]
Proficiency is already required for all retired law enforcement personnel who wish to carry concealed (in all 50 states, at least according to the law) under HR 218.  Although there is some variety in the different qualification courses, they don't seem all that difficult to pass.

That being said, the more government involvement in anything, the more difficult and confusing it gets.  Plus, I have long believed that the only reason governments have requirements for permits, licenses, and so on, is so that they can tell some people they will NOT receive permission to engage in a behavior, or receive something they want.  For example, although the purported reason for a license is to ensure that people have sufficient skill to operate a motor vehicle, there are a great many people who have sufficient skill to operate a vehicle WITHOUT a driver's license.  Government just wants to tell some people to NOT operate a vehicle.
Link Posted: 8/31/2015 8:40:30 PM EDT
[#21]
It's bad enough I have to get permission to carry.
I sure as shit don't need someone telling me how to carry.
Enough stupid laws. We need to repeal laws, not make new ones
IMHO
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top