Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/20/2015 10:38:26 PM EDT
I live in Pierce County, so have to put up with paying for other people to ride the bus.  With that RTA tax and the other horseshit they added to the bill this year, my total fees are up slightly over last year, even with a year of depreciation.  F-ing legislature.  My $30 tabs cost $143.

Rob
Link Posted: 8/20/2015 10:40:48 PM EDT
[#1]
Forgot this part...anyone register their cars somewhere other than where they live?  My mom lives in Lacey and registering at her house would probably drop close to $100 in fees (the $70 RTA tax for sure).

Rob
Link Posted: 8/21/2015 1:20:51 AM EDT
[#2]
I have for the past 20 years registered all my vehicles at my parents home in Eastern WA.  Tabs are dirt cheap, insurance is dirt cheap, and no emissions.
Link Posted: 8/21/2015 10:08:42 AM EDT
[#3]
Do the addresses on your registration and license need to match?
Link Posted: 8/21/2015 11:16:27 AM EDT
[#4]
Nope.  You can live in more than one place
Link Posted: 8/21/2015 11:32:55 AM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I have for the past 20 years registered all my vehicles at my parents home in Eastern WA.  Tabs are dirt cheap, insurance is dirt cheap, and no emissions.
View Quote

Smart move.
Link Posted: 8/21/2015 12:28:01 PM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 8/21/2015 1:01:57 PM EDT
[#7]
The stinking ferry fee makes me mad.  They should have tacked that on to the ticket price and the people that use them can pay for them.
Link Posted: 8/22/2015 2:55:02 AM EDT
[#8]
the RTA tax on my fucking motorcycle was more expensive than my other two jeeps!

13 HD
13 Jeep Wrangler
87 Jeep Cherokee.

the fucking HD cost twice as much as the other two. how the fuck does that make any Goddamn sense?
Link Posted: 8/24/2015 1:14:16 AM EDT
[#9]
I bought a non-running 82 dodge ram charger, 100.00....had it running by the end of the week..tabs, tax etc..123.97...wtf.
Link Posted: 9/2/2015 12:11:50 AM EDT
[#10]
It could be worse.  We were utterly relieved that our renewal this year cost only $300, for one car.  Last year was $440, the year before $640.
Link Posted: 9/2/2015 3:18:14 AM EDT
[#11]
"Tabs" are a total BS scheme. There is NO purpose for them other than:

1. Harassing people
2. An excuse to pull people over
3. Yet another tax

There's no GOOD reason for them to exist at all.
Link Posted: 9/7/2015 9:03:33 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Forgot this part...anyone register their cars somewhere other than where they live?  My mom lives in Lacey and registering at her house would probably drop close to $100 in fees (the $70 RTA tax for sure).

Rob
View Quote

I just reregistered my 335i in Pierce county (I live in GA though - Army) and my price was the same as years past, $40 and some change.

Link Posted: 9/29/2015 9:32:10 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
"Tabs" are a total BS scheme. There is NO purpose for them other than:

1. Harassing people
2. An excuse to pull people over
3. Yet another tax

There's no GOOD reason for them to exist at all.
View Quote

Exactly.
Link Posted: 9/29/2015 10:32:59 AM EDT
[#14]
Live in Pierce County. Just traded in an 05 Grand Cherokee, tabs were $80 in July. Got a brand new Ram 2500 4x4, new plates and tabs were $125.
Link Posted: 9/29/2015 11:13:28 PM EDT
[#15]
The real scam now is that all used car purchases now get a new plate on sale... Even if the tabs were JUST purchased by the previous owner, you buy new tabs O.O

I don't remember voting on that :|

Barely in snoco, so I avoid rta at least. I had my dad added as an owner on my project car to avoid smog annoyances. He lives outside the area that gets tested. This is a legal workaround since we both now own the car.
Link Posted: 9/30/2015 6:39:11 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
The real scam now is that all used car purchases now get a new plate on sale... Even if the tabs were JUST purchased by the previous owner, you buy new tabs O.O

I don't remember voting on that :|

Barely in snoco, so I avoid rta at least. I had my dad added as an owner on my project car to avoid smog annoyances. He lives outside the area that gets tested. This is a legal workaround since we both now own the car.
View Quote

you could have just registered it at his place.
I used to live within 1 block of the boundary. I used to go to the local DOL contractors office, told them I'd moved to "such and such" address, they'd say "ok, here's your tabs".

Got pulled over a couple times, told the cop I hadn't updated my drivers license address since it was such a pain in the ass, they laughed and agreed.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top