Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 7/23/2015 12:10:38 AM EDT
Holly smokes.....

Just when we think those critters cannot get worse they manage to do it.  

A draft of the work of the Seattle mayor’s housing task force includes a big surprise: They have talked of doing away with the city’s single-family zoning.

<snip>
View Quote

http://www.seattletimes.com/seattle-news/get-rid-of-single-family-zoning-in-seattle-housing-task-force-says-in-draft-report/

Anyone else heard of this thing?

Link Posted: 7/27/2015 10:45:09 PM EDT
[#1]
Hello.
I came to your HTF to look at updates on the Form1/ATF/Nolo thread.
BTW thank you all for that thread and its info.

This is what's going on:  Just like their wish to severely restrict or ban guns, they have plans for other aspects of our lives.
As the article states, they wish to cease any more single family housing (the goal is the eventual elimination of single family housing suburbs).
Owning your own home on your own lot or spread will be discouraged, shamed and eventually penalized.
You may know this but many don't - This is a part of the social engineering they wish to do with their goals being 'social, economic and environmental justice'. Even this article even speaks to this purpose.
Their plans are very well developed and this aspect of housing is just a part of said plans. ObamaCare and lots of other things are part of their integrated plan.
This is not just Seattle. They are planning this everywhere. This is who they are, it is what motivates them.
They view single family housing as wasteful and unjust etc.
They want high density urban housing with people using mass transit etc. No cars.
These are facts, not opinions. They tend to not talk about their long term goals and instead try to 'sell' the next increment with real or made up benefits that there may be.
But if you talk to them or read their policy papers, they will freely speak to these issues. I have done so for decades.
Just like the architects of ObamaCare have plans to restrict health care of people once they reach age 55 and to eliminate it completely at 70 or 75...(They know they have to because to treat older people will cost too much).
"Dumb Bunny" Sarah Palin was correct when she said ObamaCare would result in Death Panels... Ezekiel Emmanuel wrote policy papers for Bill Clinton's White House in the 90's promoting this. He is still promoting it.

If I post this on GD, many will take me to task.
Some will say these people will never have the power to do such things. Maybe
Some will say it is not happening. False.
Some will support such things. They have that right.
We can honestly debate all those things.
But we cannot debate what their plan IS because it is a fact. What I have written is true and applies to EVERY city in our Nation.
This article is one of thousands that confirm this.

For the youngsters who do not follow this stuff (yet), or the people who hate politics and just want to stick their head in the sand, well, they're coming for you too eventually.
Even in Eastern WA...Once they are done controlling the urban areas they will reach out to the rural areas. This is what they do.
I grew up in a State that TWICE Elected Ronald Reagan as Governor. Now we are a laughing stock. Those people who changed California originally moved to CA from other parts of the Country.
That trend is coming to every community whether you like it or not.
So best find a way to vote them out or fight them some way.

Link Posted: 7/27/2015 11:53:06 PM EDT
[#2]
The progressive-liberals  are hellbent in making it a communist style place.

Newer talks about controlling rent values.

http://www.seattletimes.com/seattle-news/politics/heated-rent-control-debate-find-little-room-for-compromise/?utm_content=buffer3bd06&utm_medium=social&utm_source=facebook.com&utm_campaign=owned_buffer

Just imagining when they will start talking about "common sense rent control".

Link Posted: 7/28/2015 12:15:10 PM EDT
[#3]
One of the recent SCOTUS rulings dealt with diversity in housing.  From what I understand even if there is no evidence of discrimination neighborhoods can be required to be more diverse in the context of income, racial and  ethnicity.  What that means is that if a neighborhood is all rich white folks, even if there is no evidence of anyone doing something wrong, they can be sued because the area isn't diverse enough.  Following that ruling, jurisdictions are trying to get rid of single family housing zoning so that if there is a neighborhood that is all rich white people in large homes the city can build a rent control or subsidized housing development in the middle of the neighborhood to make it more diverse.

Tin foil hat time

The radio host that was talking about this was saying that HUD had accessed the census information and voting information to find out the racial and political makeup of different areas and that very long term they would be requiring more subsidized and rent control developments in areas that currently vote republican.  I would pray that government wouldn't do something like that but I know they have done some shady stuff in the past so who really knows.

You may now remove your tin foil hat and resume your daily lives.
Link Posted: 7/28/2015 12:27:49 PM EDT
[#4]
</section>
Link Posted: 7/28/2015 1:21:07 PM EDT
[#5]
If you're going to allow a gov to have zoning powers, don't be surprised when they use them.
Link Posted: 7/28/2015 4:08:49 PM EDT
[#6]
You know they've gone too far when retreads like Danny Westneat are calling them out on their ridiculous claims of racism and classism in something as mundane as home ownership.

Also most house in Seattle are nowhere close to 5000 Sq ft.  More like 1500 or less.
Link Posted: 7/28/2015 10:46:49 PM EDT
[#7]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
One of the recent SCOTUS rulings dealt with diversity in housing.  From what I understand even if there is no evidence of discrimination neighborhoods can be required to be more diverse in the context of income, racial and  ethnicity.  What that means is that if a neighborhood is all rich white folks, even if there is no evidence of anyone doing something wrong, they can be sued because the area isn't diverse enough.  Following that ruling, jurisdictions are trying to get rid of single family housing zoning so that if there is a neighborhood that is all rich white people in large homes the city can build a rent control or subsidized housing development in the middle of the neighborhood to make it more diverse.

Tin foil hat time

The radio host that was talking about this was saying that HUD had accessed the census information and voting information to find out the racial and political makeup of different areas and that very long term they would be requiring more subsidized and rent control developments in areas that currently vote republican.  I would pray that government wouldn't do something like that but I know they have done some shady stuff in the past so who really knows.

View Quote

And also spread crime and devalue the real estate in those areas.  Interesting way to go after opposition.  Coming from progressive-liberal commies I do not doubt for a minute.

Link Posted: 7/31/2015 8:40:31 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Affordable housing!

https://seattle.craigslist.org/see/apa/5083245628.html</section>

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Affordable housing!

$1000 / 190ft2 - Ballard! *Now Leasing! Micro studios all utilities included<small> (Ballard, Seattle)</small>

<section class="userbody">                0BR / 1Ba 190ft2 available sep 01

https://seattle.craigslist.org/see/apa/5083245628.html</section>

When are they quadrupling your rent?
Link Posted: 8/9/2015 2:11:16 PM EDT
[#9]
Agenda 21.

Coming everywhere June of 2001.

Cars?  You don't need no stinkin cars.
Link Posted: 8/9/2015 4:18:35 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

And also spread crime and devalue the real estate in those areas.  Interesting way to go after opposition.  Coming from progressive-liberal commies I do not doubt for a minute.

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Tin foil hat time

You left out the most important part, diluting the conservative vote in those neighborhoods.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top