Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 7/1/2015 12:09:52 PM EDT
At least they didn't pass a law raising taxes...

http://www.seattletimes.com/seattle-news/transportation/lawmakers-release-16-billion-transportation-plan-has-119-cent-gas-tax/

Money also is generated from increasing registration fees by $15 to $35 a year depending on the weight of the vehicle...

Fuck that, where's Tim Eyman!  
Link Posted: 7/1/2015 12:23:18 PM EDT
[#1]
Makes me sick.  This fucking state can't stop trying to figure out ways to grabbing everyone's money, only to turn around and demand more.  That Tim Eyman initiative which stopped the ass raping of vehicle owners in WA was sidestepped from day one.  No surprise they'll keep tacking "fees" on until Tim has to start a new initiative to fix it again.  I guess the state will have to raise minimum wage to $30/hr.
Link Posted: 7/1/2015 6:13:27 PM EDT
[#2]
The article says the tax could go into effect as early as a month from now.

I thought we had a law on the books that kept them from implementing new taxes until there was an intervening election. Or did that get subverted too?
Link Posted: 7/1/2015 6:19:15 PM EDT
[#3]
Did they ever pass it?

Last I heard, the whole 'deal' fell apart, due to a Dem pissing-match over suspending the class-size initiative...

They had a 'deal' to get the required supermajority-vote, and some of the more liberal folks backed out...
Link Posted: 7/1/2015 7:40:29 PM EDT
[#4]
Saw this the other day, we are number 1

Left cold, we have the highest cell phones taxes out of 50 States, no income tax just means they got to find the money somewhere.

http://www.mywireless.org/state-issues/state-tax-rankings/

Link Posted: 7/1/2015 8:32:27 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
At least they didn't pass a law raising taxes...

http://www.seattletimes.com/seattle-news/transportation/lawmakers-release-16-billion-transportation-plan-has-119-cent-gas-tax/

Money also is generated from increasing registration fees by $15 to $35 a year depending on the weight of the vehicle...

Fuck that, where's Tim Eyman!  
View Quote

Who weighs the vehicle, and it pays to live close to work.
Lived in Washington State my entire life, probably will end it here.
It sucks to pay taxes like this to the thieves that the liberals keep electing to office.

Link Posted: 7/2/2015 12:54:56 AM EDT
[#6]
Started riding my bike to work.  Get paid $2 per day to do so.

I'll give less and less to these tax heavy fuckwads.
Link Posted: 7/2/2015 5:44:02 PM EDT
[#7]

Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Who weighs the vehicle, and it pays to live close to work.

View Quote

They go by manufacturer specified curb-weight, for a given make/model/year...

Link Posted: 7/3/2015 12:01:54 AM EDT
[#8]
They probably are still pushing for a per mile tax too. They are never happy.
Link Posted: 7/3/2015 6:37:46 AM EDT
[#9]
Once my wife graduates DNP school we are headed straight to Houston and not looking back.
Link Posted: 7/5/2015 12:31:17 PM EDT
[#10]
It seems ridiculous to me that they don't tax cars by value.  That would make it more progressive.  We'd also be able to write it off on our federal taxes, weight based fees can't be.
Link Posted: 7/5/2015 4:27:27 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

It seems ridiculous to me that they don't tax cars by value.  That would make it more progressive.  We'd also be able to write it off on our federal taxes, weight based fees can't be.
View Quote

Know how I know you haven't lived in this state all that long?

Link Posted: 7/5/2015 4:49:10 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

Once my wife graduates DNP school we are headed straight to Houston and not looking back.
View Quote

If only you could take a couple of Californians / New Yaaaakers with you.  
Link Posted: 7/5/2015 5:00:25 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

View Quote

Fuck that noise, that's what they used to do.

It was CHEAPER to register a vehicle in California that to register it in Washington State.

http://www.kitsapsun.com/news/local-news/10-years-after-i-695-is-kitsap-better-off

Before I-695, the state had been charging car owners 2.2 percent of a vehicle’s value to get it licensed each year.

How would you like it if you owned a $35,000 4 wheeler and had to pay 2.2% ($770) every fucking year for the registration fee?

This state is taking in more fucking money in tax revenue than it ever has (more than enough to cover the FSA shit) and they want more.

Link Posted: 7/5/2015 7:49:11 PM EDT
[#14]
Link Posted: 7/5/2015 8:18:42 PM EDT
[#15]
most local news sites barely mentioned the gas tax if at all. King5 had it buried at the bottom of the local news section and was only up for less than a day.

this is the first I've heard about the vehicle registration increase
Link Posted: 7/5/2015 8:26:49 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
View Quote

Houston sucks. And it's a hideously expensive place to live.
Link Posted: 7/6/2015 12:46:50 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Better Dallas, or even Austin.

I like how quiet they're being with how much of this money is being spent on landscaped overpasses for animals.
Link Posted: 7/6/2015 2:23:23 PM EDT
[#18]
speaking of vehicle related taxes, are they still going to try and do pay by mile tax? or is this replacing it?
Link Posted: 7/8/2015 1:27:51 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

Then why the fuck did I just pay $199.54 to register the $1000.00 truck I just bought?

Oh and they tried to tax me on $3500.00 s that's what the NADA and Blue Book said.

For a 1975 Dodge D100
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Then why the fuck did I just pay $199.54 to register the $1000.00 truck I just bought?

Oh and they tried to tax me on $3500.00 s that's what the NADA and Blue Book said.

For a 1975 Dodge D100

That would be sales tax.  You can get an affidavit from the seller if it's much lower and they will go by the actual sale price.

2.2% seems pretty steep for property tax on a vehicle.  I just looked up my hometown and it's 77 cents for every $100 of value, or .77%
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top