Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 5/9/2015 11:27:31 PM EDT
What is up with Them, was in there on Thursday. They hide Their powder under the counter, wont tell You what They have. You have to tell the punk what You are loading for, and He will tell You what he thinks You should use.

Seriously, I ended up walking out. Just show Me what You got in stock, and let Me pick what I want to buy.
Link Posted: 5/9/2015 11:52:38 PM EDT
[#1]
I remember going to the White elephant when I was a kid with my parents. That was back in the early 80's. I always wanted to go back.
Link Posted: 5/10/2015 12:34:31 AM EDT
[#2]
It ain't what it used too be, by a long shot.
Link Posted: 5/10/2015 3:12:15 PM EDT
[#3]
Deff not what they used to be.

But back in the day they were the only game in town. They are still about the best place in town to special order guns through.
Link Posted: 5/10/2015 4:57:59 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I remember going to the White elephant when I was a kid with my parents. That was back in the early 80's. I always wanted to go back.
View Quote

Same, between the surplus stuff, toys, models, legos, and camping gear it was one of my favorite places to go. I went bark 5years ago and wasn't the same. Sorry to hear its getting worse.
Link Posted: 5/11/2015 12:12:06 AM EDT
[#5]
Yeah, I remember going there as kid, the ultimate toy store in town. LEGOS

Bought My first shotgun there at 16, Remington 870 Sportsman. got many a Pheasant from the Palouse with that gun.
Link Posted: 5/12/2015 7:57:57 PM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Deff not what they used to be.

But back in the day they were the only game in town. They are still about the best place in town to special order guns through.
View Quote

I can think of at least 2 better places to order guns.

General store has a good powder selection typically also.

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 5/23/2015 12:58:42 PM EDT
[#7]
I was there last Monday and it sure has changed from what it was a few years ago.  My son in law went there a couple of weeks ago to get some 22 LR and they wanted $70.00 for a brick.  I went to Cabelas in Post Falls, ID and got a Remington bucket of bullets (1440rds) for $85.00 and they had 500rd brick for $41.00. One per day but in Western Washington you can't even get those anywhere I've been.  I also bought a Thompson 1927A1 Deluxe!!!!  Was a good trip!!!!!!!!!!
Link Posted: 5/30/2015 5:28:58 PM EDT
[#8]
Ive had all good experiences at the 'funt, and like many people here ive been going there since i was a kiddo:)
Link Posted: 6/6/2015 12:18:12 PM EDT
[#9]
Probably has to do with jackass' walking and buying whatever's on the shelf and then selling it on local forums for 2x retail.  I have no issue with them ensuring you know what you want when you walk in the door, especially if it ensures You can get what you ask for when you ask for it.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top