Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 4/2/2015 12:07:40 AM EDT
I am considering having SilencerShop transfer a suppressor to Cascade Arms Company in Olympia.  I was wondering if these guys are good to go.  In the past I have had Rainier Arms do all my NFA transfers, but to honest, I'm sick of the drive.  I'm in Lewis County and Olympia is a hell of a lot closer to me.  Any thoughts would be appreciated.  Thank you.
Link Posted: 4/2/2015 12:57:18 AM EDT
[#1]
cascade is ok..ive done a transfer thru them..nice guys.. don't know the fee they charge for that item.. mine was a pistol and the charge was 50.00..my next transfer is going to go thru I5 GUNS in lacey.. for pistols 25.00
Link Posted: 4/2/2015 1:02:30 AM EDT
[#2]
I like the guys at Cascade. I've bought a number of guns in there. Sold a couple on consignment through them. Generally friendly and knowledgeable. The only dumb stuff I've heard in there came from customers.
Link Posted: 4/2/2015 3:18:29 AM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I like the guys at Cascade. I've bought a number of guns in there. Sold a couple on consignment through them. Generally friendly and knowledgeable. The only dumb stuff I've heard in there came from customers.
View Quote

This! I've gone through Cascade for a majority of my firearms and NFA transactions. Solid and knowledgeable guys.
Link Posted: 4/2/2015 6:06:51 AM EDT
[#4]
Call them and see if they can beat the ss price, they add $70 to the cost on their page to cover the transfer through your dealer. The only stuff I could never really beat is those crazy sales like 399 for a tirant or buy one get one free.
Link Posted: 4/2/2015 11:35:13 AM EDT
[#5]
I've got 3 suppressors currently in their safe that I purchased through SS Direct. Hoping for approvals any day now. So far their service has been excellent and they are a pleasure to talk to.
Link Posted: 4/6/2015 2:20:29 AM EDT
[#6]
Ive bought several guns from them and they have never steered me wrong. Great guys and plenty of knowledge.
Link Posted: 4/6/2015 10:57:34 PM EDT
[#7]
They GTG as far as I'm concerned.
Link Posted: 4/12/2015 5:38:26 AM EDT
[#8]
I've always been happy with them. Professional, no BS guys.
Link Posted: 4/13/2015 1:02:09 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
I am considering having SilencerShop transfer a suppressor to Cascade Arms Company in Olympia.  I was wondering if these guys are good to go.  In the past I have had Rainier Arms do all my NFA transfers, but to honest, I'm sick of the drive.  I'm in Lewis County and Olympia is a hell of a lot closer to me.  Any thoughts would be appreciated.  Thank you.
View Quote

Make sure you call and let them know that you have items being shipped to their store, im pretty sure most gun store owners dont like suprises showing up on their doorstep.
Link Posted: 4/13/2015 10:31:18 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

Make sure you call and let them know that you have items being shipped to their store, im pretty sure most gun store owners dont like suprises showing up on their doorstep.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Silencer shop direct eliminates that step as everything is prearranged. No additional transfer fee or anything.
Link Posted: 4/18/2015 1:26:01 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

Silencer shop direct eliminates that step as everything is prearranged. No additional transfer fee or anything.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Ah, never dealt with silencer shop, i just view giving them a heads up as a nice jesture even if the other shop calls them.
Link Posted: 4/18/2015 11:51:14 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

Ah, never dealt with silencer shop, i just view giving them a heads up as a nice jesture even if the other shop calls them.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Gotcha. I agree it is nice to notify them. The difference here is that the dealers, in this case Cascade, have a prearranged contract with Silencer Shop where you prepay the transfer in the "direct" fee which is included with the $200 stamp fee. So you buy the can, tack on $270, and then you're done with out of pocket expenses or stress except for the stupid use tax.

You don't have to submit any forms, it's all done for you. You can order and forget it until you get the call to come pick it up. Dealers love it because they get their prearranged transfer fee and never have to do a single thing related to the ATF. They just receive the stamp and process the background check.
Link Posted: 4/19/2015 8:02:28 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

Gotcha. I agree it is nice to notify them. The difference here is that the dealers, in this case Cascade, have a prearranged contract with Silencer Shop where you prepay the transfer in the "direct" fee which is included with the $200 stamp fee. So you buy the can, tack on $270, and then you're done with out of pocket expenses or stress except for the stupid use tax.

You don't have to submit any forms, it's all done for you. You can order and forget it until you get the call to come pick it up. Dealers love it because they get their prearranged transfer fee and never have to do a single thing related to the ATF. They just receive the stamp and process the background check.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Nicee i like it.
Link Posted: 4/20/2015 1:55:23 PM EDT
[#14]
As a follow up. I just picked up a few suppressors from Cascade which I had ordered through Silencer Shop Direct.

An absolute pleasure to deal with them as always. They have you out the door quick and make it very easy. Plus they go ahead and make an extra copy of the stamp for you so that you are ready to go with the original and more.
Link Posted: 4/20/2015 10:04:34 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
As a follow up. I just picked up a few suppressors from Cascade which I had ordered through Silencer Shop Direct.

An absolute pleasure to deal with them as always. They have you out the door quick and make it very easy. Plus they go ahead and make an extra copy of the stamp for you so that you are ready to go with the original and more.
View Quote

If you don't mind me asking what did they charge you for the transfer fee?
Link Posted: 4/21/2015 12:02:39 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

No transfer fee upon pick-up. It's all pre-arranged with Silencer Shop Direct. The only thing I paid was the Use tax when I picked them up. Technically it's added on to the SSD stamp fee I guess you can say. So the extra $70 covered any fees there might have been, as well as possible shipping costs, and any other possible fees some people see at shops.
Link Posted: 4/21/2015 7:16:08 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

No transfer fee upon pick-up. It's all pre-arranged with Silencer Shop Direct. The only thing I paid was the Use tax when I picked them up. Technically it's added on to the SSD stamp fee I guess you can say. So the extra $70 covered any fees there might have been, as well as possible shipping costs, and any other possible fees some people see at shops.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Weird....when I called Cascade they told me there was a $100 transfer fee.
Link Posted: 4/21/2015 1:12:45 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

The fee probably applies if you purchase out of state and do not use Silencer Shop Direct. In other words, they'll do a transfer from a dealer you purchased from and then charge you the fee since the form 4 is then needed from you/Cascade.

With SS Direct you purchase from SS and the fee and stamp cost are bundled together ($270). Then Silencer Shop does the form 3 and form 4. The fee is a prearranged amount through a contract SS has with in this case, Cascade. So they still collect a fee, but not from you. It comes from Silencer Shop.

This is all made possible because Silencer Shop has contracts with specific shops who are wanting to take part in the program.
Link Posted: 4/23/2015 1:59:23 PM EDT
[#19]
Gotcha.  Thanks!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top