Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/14/2015 11:55:18 PM EDT
Does anyone have a recommendation on where I could have my Kelty redwing 50 altered to make it more rifle friendly?
Link Posted: 1/15/2015 1:15:59 AM EDT
[#1]
Eberlestock sells rifle scabbards that attach to other packs.  About $60.
Link Posted: 1/15/2015 1:46:00 AM EDT
[#2]
Tactical Tailor will do it.
Link Posted: 1/15/2015 2:52:30 AM EDT
[#3]
Tactical Tailor is way too expensive and a pain for custom stuff, and they only really like to work on their own gear.

Talk to Josh at Pantel Tactical in Renton.  He's basically what Tactical Tailor was in the early days, couple sewing machines and doing lots of custom alteration work.  TT is all about the high volume stuff now for the military.

http://www.panteltactical.com
Link Posted: 1/15/2015 7:17:10 AM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Tactical Tailor is way too expensive and a pain for custom stuff, and they only really like to work on their own gear.

Talk to Josh at Pantel Tactical in Renton.  He's basically what Tactical Tailor was in the early days, couple sewing machines and doing lots of custom alteration work.  TT is all about the high volume stuff now for the military.

View Quote

Pantel is the man for sewing anything you need and he stocks a ton of gear.
Link Posted: 1/15/2015 11:26:18 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

View Quote

Funny, I walked in there last Saturday and they sewed a connector for my gemtech lanyard on the spot ($3). She was in the middle of adding velcro and straps to another guys plate carrier that wasn't TT. Might be different if you're trying to get that level of service over the phone.
Link Posted: 1/15/2015 12:21:56 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

View Quote
I approached TT about modifying a Bianchi M12 and got the brush-off and the sales pitch for one of their products (that was likewise as unsuitable as the M12).  

Then some fanboy in here called me an idiot because I mentioned it; that made me cry.  

Link Posted: 1/18/2015 5:52:18 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
I approached TT about modifying a Bianchi M12 and got the brush-off and the sales pitch for one of their products (that was likewise as unsuitable as the M12).  

Then some fanboy in here called me an idiot because I mentioned it; that made me cry.  
View Quote

Don't get me wrong, TT makes great stuff and I shop there regularly and own lots of their gear (bags, jackets, belts, etc).  However they are not the same company they were 10 years ago.  Expecting them to take on small custom personal projects on stuff they didn't make isn't going to happen.
Link Posted: 1/19/2015 3:57:19 AM EDT
[#8]
I was using a MountainHardware backpack (not tactical at all) as my work lunchbox/catchall until the main pouch  zipper busted, TT replaced the entire zipper for  $25 a couple years ago. Dropped it off on Saturday and picked it the next.
Link Posted: 1/23/2015 9:47:48 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

Funny, I walked in there last Saturday and they sewed a connector for my gemtech lanyard on the spot ($3). She was in the middle of adding velcro and straps to another guys plate carrier that wasn't TT. Might be different if you're trying to get that level of service over the phone.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Ill be the 10th guy to say "go see Josh."  Great work at very reasonable prices.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top