Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 12/21/2014 4:46:11 PM EDT
After 10 years I am finally feeling the itch to put together an FAL kit I have had sitting on the shelf. However, the guy I used for all my smithing and refinishing moved to N. Idaho. So I am looking for recommendations for someone to do the re-finish on the kit. I dont see myself ever buying an FAL so I want to do this once and have it look very nice (as nice as a war rifle can be)

I am really leery as many years ago I sent a 20s 1911 off to a place to be reparked and it came back full of abrasive media, unevenly coated and complete with fisheyes (I was pissed to say the least). Because of this I always stuck with the now moved on gunsmith as he did awesome work.  

So what say you guys?  Is Blackwell any good  http://www.blackwellindustries.com/page5.html they seem to advertise as doing AKs/FALs/G3s

Any other place I should look at?
Link Posted: 12/22/2014 10:54:30 AM EDT
[#1]
Blackwell cut and threaded my barrel, very nice work. That was a long time (nearly 10 years) ago

They had a nice system where they'd reserve the time to do the work, and call a week ahead to bring the gun in so it didn't have to sit in their inventory for months. IIRC I waited a few months for my slot, then the work was done in about 2 weeks.

Link Posted: 12/23/2014 12:15:43 AM EDT
[#2]
They did an awesome job on my 1903 Springfield
Link Posted: 12/24/2014 12:22:12 AM EDT
[#3]
I've used South Ridge Arms in Orting, he's done an awesome job with everything I've taken to him. His Parkerizing jobs are top notch.

Call Dave @ 1-253-576-7096
Link Posted: 12/24/2014 1:14:24 AM EDT
[#4]
Sweet thanks I will look into both and see what their timeframes are
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top