Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 12/17/2014 4:26:12 PM EDT
Our house has a nice little wood burning insert for the fire place. We haven't used it, and it looks to be in rather rough shape, rust on top and some of the screws holding the metal trim in are so frozen I've broken a couple large screw drivers trying to get them out.

I'd like a qualified company to clean and inspect the chimney and insert so we can finally get going with wood heat. Anyone have a contractor they can recommend? This is on the Snohomish side of Bothell, outside city limits in unincorporated SnoHoCo if that makes a difference.
Link Posted: 12/19/2014 1:20:01 PM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
Our house has a nice little wood burning insert for the fire place. We haven't used it, and it looks to be in rather rough shape, rust on top and some of the screws holding the metal trim in are so frozen I've broken a couple large screw drivers trying to get them out.

I'd like a qualified company to clean and inspect the chimney and insert so we can finally get going with wood heat. Anyone have a contractor they can recommend? This is on the Snohomish side of Bothell, outside city limits in unincorporated SnoHoCo if that makes a difference.
View Quote

trying to find the name of the company we used....
Link Posted: 12/19/2014 1:21:25 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Quoted:

Thanks.

I hate just picking a name out of the phonebook google search results.
Link Posted: 12/19/2014 2:05:02 PM EDT
[#3]
I just looked up the company I last used, can't find a website or phone number for them as their name is too generic.  I think it was called Edmonds Chimney, guy was a bit rough around the edges but did good work for a reasonable rate.  He clean our chimney, replaced the top caps for the chimney and the furnace and repaired our fire box.  This was quite a few years ago and everything still looks good.  I'm due to have him out again after this season to chimney sweep.
Link Posted: 12/19/2014 9:51:26 PM EDT
[#4]
It's been years, but I used Evergreen Chimney and they were awesome.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top