Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 11/24/2014 1:47:54 AM EDT
I'm up with family visiting 2T2_Crash in UP for a week.

You all have a beautiful state, and I will live here someday soon.
Link Posted: 11/24/2014 2:32:11 AM EDT
[#1]
Washington sucks.....and it rains all the time.
Link Posted: 11/24/2014 2:54:02 AM EDT
[#2]
Thanks! It really is a great place. Lots of variety in climate, topography, culture, etc.

California has some beautiful areas, too. What part are you in?
Link Posted: 11/24/2014 3:19:41 AM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Thanks! It really is a great place. Lots of variety in climate, topography, culture, etc.

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Richmond CA, north of Oakland. If you've ever seen the movie Coach Carter, I live about four blocks from that school.

CA has some amazingly beautiful locales, but a lot of it is ugly. Even if you live in the beautiful areas it will be far more expensive than it ought to be, and you'll still live under the bullshit laws of a police state
Quoted:

And I guess I ought to have expected such responses
Link Posted: 11/24/2014 12:42:17 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 11/24/2014 1:03:07 PM EDT
[#5]
I've been here for over 40 years now.  

It's definitely not what it once was.   The west side especially.  

As I grow older the weather beats me down more and more.    

I have always enjoyed my stays in California, and there are some beautiful places to live.  Too bad the state has been politically destroyed.  That being said, this one's not far behind.

It is a little refreshing though to hear someone from somewhere else come to this state and say how much they enjoy it.
Link Posted: 11/24/2014 1:41:05 PM EDT
[#6]
Yup, Californians love them some WA, Water is wet, the sky is (sometimes) blue, and now so is the state.

Dont take it the wrong way, being a gun guy yourself, I'd welcome you, its just that we've got a ton of liberal people from CA who love it up here and move in, then procede to do everything they can to turn WA into CA.
Link Posted: 11/24/2014 2:09:11 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

Richmond CA, north of Oakland. If you've ever seen the movie Coach Carter, I live about four blocks from that school.

CA has some amazingly beautiful locales, but a lot of it is ugly. Even if you live in the beautiful areas it will be far more expensive than it ought to be, and you'll still live under the bullshit laws of a police state
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I've driven through there a few times on my way to the beautiful side of the bay.

We were in a SF a couple of years ago shortly after that huge explosion at the Chevron refinery in Richmond.

The weather in SF usually reminds me of the weather in Seattle.

If I was a bazillionaire I wouldn't mind maintaining a beachfront vacation house in La Jolla or Malibu.

But WA will probably always be "home".
Link Posted: 11/24/2014 2:26:20 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Yup, Californians love them some WA, Water is wet, the sky is (sometimes) blue, and now so is the state.

Dont take it the wrong way, being a gun guy yourself, I'd welcome you, its just that we've got a ton of liberal people from CA who love it up here and move in, then procede to do everything they can to turn WA into CA.
View Quote

I understand the issue. It fucking sucks and it's gay as hell how liberals like to move somewhere nice and fuck it all up.

Link Posted: 11/24/2014 2:30:31 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

I understand the issue. It fucking sucks and it's gay as hell how liberals like to move somewhere nice and fuck it all up.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I'd wager that a lot of the people screwing up California don't have very deep roots there, either.
Link Posted: 11/24/2014 2:41:12 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

I'd wager that a lot of the people screwing up California don't have very deep roots there, either.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Most the folks I know with roots there are conservative. The liberals tend to be either your typical brainwashed FSA or "I'm from..." and so on.
Link Posted: 11/24/2014 3:45:36 PM EDT
[#11]
I grew up in UP. Love that area, even though it has deteriorated some over the years.
Link Posted: 11/24/2014 4:16:58 PM EDT
[#12]
Been up here about 2 years after escaping from San Francisco . It's beautiful out here on the Olympic Peninsula I have a gun shop 2 blocks from my house a private 500 yd range down the road , a view across the Strait in the front and the Olympic National Forrest to the back .Plenty of fishing , hiking , hunting , foraging etc.... Now what I do miss about Cali is  no annoying bandwagon Osprey fans , REAL MEXICAN FOOD  ,  a fast lane that is used & IPA that isn't malted to death . Sorry about my rant
Link Posted: 11/24/2014 5:01:08 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
View Quote

I'll never understand why people are so scared of water
Link Posted: 11/24/2014 5:20:58 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I lived here all my life...I'll never understand why folks move in...then try to make it the same fucking disaster they just left.
Link Posted: 11/24/2014 6:34:27 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

And you'd be right, the liberals all came from the East Coast. They fucked up the state and have been flooding (and destroying) WA, CO and OR.

Fuck CA, I'm never living there again.
Link Posted: 11/24/2014 6:36:24 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

I lived here all my life...I'll never understand why folks move in...then try to make it the same fucking disaster they just left.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

And you just assumed my brother was one of them? Cmon now, we are all gun owners and freedom lovers... We are on the same side.
Link Posted: 11/24/2014 8:08:47 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I don't really know what to tell ya bud. I know that a lot of folks fucking hate Californians because we're all a bunch of stupid commie liberals who want to make shit-holes, but thats not really what I'm trying do or say here.

You all have a beautiful free state and Id fight to keep it that way and make it better.
Link Posted: 11/24/2014 10:33:17 PM EDT
[#18]
Love it here.
Probably will die here.

Just not on the 'wet side'....
Link Posted: 11/24/2014 10:54:38 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
Love it here.
Probably will die here.

Just not on the 'wet side'....
View Quote

If I could find something on the dry side that paid well I'd like to move that way.
Link Posted: 11/25/2014 1:17:39 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

Most the folks I know with roots there are conservative. The liberals tend to be either your typical brainwashed FSA or "I'm from..." and so on.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

A.K.A.  Locusts.   Move in, suck everything and destroy the place then move somewhere else and repeat the process.  

Link Posted: 11/25/2014 2:58:42 PM EDT
[#21]
I forgot this is the  new and improved WaHTF.....where the running joke of "Washington sucks and it rains all the time" is no longer tolerated. That aside...yes Washington is a beautiful state...my wife and I love "exploring " ...just getting in the car and going wherever....but "wherever" is rarely in the Pugetropolis area.  The peninsula will amaze you...and the east side of the state is so wide open.

and just because...

On the east side..

North Cascades..

View from my back yard..
Link Posted: 11/25/2014 3:43:59 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
I forgot this is the  new and improved WaHTF.....where the running joke of "Washington sucks and it rains all the time" is no longer tolerated. That aside...yes Washington is a beautiful state...my wife and I love "exploring " ...just getting in the car and going wherever....but "wherever" is rarely in the Pugetropolis area.  The peninsula will amaze you...and the east side of the state is so wide open.

and just because...

On the east side..
http://pic100.picturetrail.com/VOL611/2657297/5302578/403578592.jpg

North Cascades..
http://pic100.picturetrail.com/VOL611/2657297/5302578/403578589.jpg

View from my back yard..
http://pic100.picturetrail.com/VOL611/2657297/5302578/409608195.jpg
View Quote

Beautiful.

Sorry for the miscommunication there, I wasn't aware that there was a running joke here. Just kind figured it was another Kommiefornia jab opportunity.
Link Posted: 11/25/2014 3:53:14 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

Beautiful.

Sorry for the miscommunication there, I wasn't aware that there was a running joke here. Just kind figured it was another Kommiefornia jab opportunity.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

and just because...

On the east side..
http://pic100.picturetrail.com/VOL611/2657297/5302578/403578592.jpg

North Cascades..
http://pic100.picturetrail.com/VOL611/2657297/5302578/403578589.jpg

View from my back yard..
http://pic100.picturetrail.com/VOL611/2657297/5302578/409608195.jpg

Beautiful.

nah...I was born in the South bay area...Santa Cruz, old man was stationed at Ft Ord at the time, I was only 3 when he PCS'ed  so we moved up here were he was raised, I live less than a mile from the house he was born in...My roots go very deep here.     the jokes are just a way of coping with the changes seen when so many new folks move in....the little town I grew up in is no longer a place I want to live....and that sucks.

eta...just be glad you missed out on the "old welcome committee"
Link Posted: 11/26/2014 1:44:27 PM EDT
[#24]
He didn't bring any beer
Link Posted: 11/26/2014 10:55:42 PM EDT
[#25]
It's full of assholes...And R-32 is their leader.
Link Posted: 11/27/2014 8:26:13 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
He didn't bring any beer
View Quote

I bought bourbon though!
Link Posted: 11/27/2014 8:45:40 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

I bought bourbon though!
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
He didn't bring any beer

I bought bourbon though!

And this would be GIR posting from my laptop like a retard... I guess it could have been worse.
Link Posted: 11/27/2014 9:54:44 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

And this would be GIR posting from my laptop like a retard... I guess it could have been worse.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
He didn't bring any beer

I bought bourbon though!

Oh yeah, That.
Link Posted: 12/5/2014 8:06:42 PM EDT
[#29]

Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Other than the obvious 'not another Californian' joke...

The water can be annoying, but at least it's not SNOW...

<--- Ex WI resident... WI is more politically tolerable (Walker..) but the weather sucks worse....
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top