Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 10/31/2014 2:26:00 AM EDT
http://www.scribd.com/doc/244787972/Appeals-Court-Decision

The appeals court held that the club’s commercial use of the property and increased noise levels constituted an impermissible expansion of its nonconforming use.   They also decided the club violated permitting requirements and that the noise and unsafe conditions were a public nuisance.

The appeals court reversed the trial court’s ruling that terminating the club’s nonconforming use status as a shooting range is a proper remedy for the club’s conduct.  Instead they held that the appropriate remedy involves addressing the impermissible expansion of the club’s nonconforming use and unpermitted development activities while allowing the club to operate as a shooting range.  

The injunction precluding the club’s use of the property as a shooting range has been vacated.

The injunction on use of machine guns, cannon, exploding target, rifles greater than 30 caliber was upheld as are reduced shooting hours from 9am to 7pm.

The ban on >30 cal rifle sucks.

Ranb
Link Posted: 10/31/2014 5:36:09 AM EDT
[#1]
they should look at installing sound abatements.

baffle tubes for firing positions

Link Posted: 10/31/2014 10:36:42 AM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

baffle tubes for firing positions
<a href="http://theswissriflesdotcommessageboard.yuku.com/topic/8136#.VFNVHU3NvmE" target="_blank">
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/0703/guisan/album%204/album%209/eroeffnungsschiessen4_20100618_1358038661.jpg
</a>
View Quote

Uber gay.
Link Posted: 10/31/2014 1:17:09 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
View Quote

Despite the fact that noise is one of the reasons the KRRC was sued, I know for a fact that Kitsap County is not interested in noise abatement and are in fact opposed to it.  Back in 2010 I was asked to come up with a shooting enclosure like shown above.  Knowing that RCW 9.41.250(c) prohibited the use of any device to suppress gun noise I wrote to the Kitsap County Prosecuting Attorney asking if he knew any lawyers that could advise me on the law.  He wrote back saying that use of a shooting box would most likely be illegal.  

Since I didn't want club members being a mere phone call away from arrest for using noise abatement, I removed the box I had installed earlier.  I was able to talk Representative Finn into requesting an opinion from the AG.  At first his request was denied, but he persisted and an informal opinon was issued.  The AG's opinion was that a box is not a dangerous weapon; RCW 9.41.250 is the dangerous weapons statute.  I was able to re-install the box.  I later replaced it with a 55 gallon drum that works well and is more durable.

I'm certain that the County just wants the range to go away.  With passage of the most recent ordnance the gun clubs in the county are required to obtain a use permit which will allow the county to set any limits they want on shooting, including no shooting at all.  They are also under no obligation to issue the permit even if the gun club meets all of the requirements.

Randy
Link Posted: 10/31/2014 2:21:09 PM EDT
[#4]
I am a paying member at this range. I am very distraught about the whole thing. it is infuriating.
Link Posted: 10/31/2014 2:46:17 PM EDT
[#5]
I'm a life member and range officer!

Randy
Link Posted: 10/31/2014 3:14:35 PM EDT
[#6]
I am a life member and was a range officer before work and marriage made me a busy man.
Link Posted: 10/31/2014 3:16:44 PM EDT
[#7]
This is my favorite range to go to. I drive from Seattle to go to this range, and was actually there this Monday.

I think it's BS what this range has been through. One of the last good ranges around, unfortunately.
Link Posted: 10/31/2014 6:14:53 PM EDT
[#8]
It's high time we VOTE anyone out that does not support our rights.  PERIOD.

Have a nice day.

SFC out.
Link Posted: 11/1/2014 3:20:37 PM EDT
[#9]
Is there any way you guys will be able to vote out the prosecutor that has made it a hobby to get rid of the range? He has been after the range for quite a while now. Would there be any legal standing for a harassment lawsuit against him?
Link Posted: 11/1/2014 10:41:11 PM EDT
[#10]
I'm in Mason County, so I can't help vote him out.  While there are many people who don't like Hauge, he was re-elected by a significant margin last election.

Randy
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top