Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 10/4/2014 10:53:12 AM EDT
I was looking at a piece of land in Waterville/Douglas County and wanted to get a feel for the area from the locals.  Looking to get about fifty acres to maybe put a cabin on later on.  What price per acre should we expect to pay for something in that size range?  We would fly up there to take a look at the property in person before making a decision.
Link Posted: 10/4/2014 1:49:15 PM EDT
[#1]
Nice area, very rural and spread out.  Unless you are in "town" your closest neighbor will be miles away.  Located up on the Columbia Plateau there are very little trees.  Mostly rolling hills of wheat for as far as the eye can see (or all the way to Spokane).  I love that drive through the area along HWY2.

I dream of buying 50-100 acres with an old missile silo site.
Link Posted: 10/5/2014 10:37:04 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
I was looking at a piece of land in Waterville/Douglas County and wanted to get a feel for the area from the locals.  Looking to get about fifty acres to maybe put a cabin on later on.  What price per acre should we expect to pay for something in that size range?  We would fly up there to take a look at the property in person before making a decision.
View Quote

The waterville burger joint is good and not expensive..and the little thrift shop across the street isnt to bad...nice town..
Link Posted: 11/18/2014 2:37:58 AM EDT
[#3]
Nice area, I'm on the border of Okanogan and Chelan counties. Douglas has the cheapest power rates in the nation! Only down side up there is blowing snow in the winter.
Link Posted: 11/19/2014 2:33:04 PM EDT
[#4]
Just get a square at Rimrock Meadows.    $3 - 8 K.  Their pool seemed pretty decent.

Seriously.  I have a bunch of rural remote acreage.  100:1 odds you won't use it as much as you think you will.  Better than a timeshare or camping club but still, not a great use of vacation $ or time.
Link Posted: 11/21/2014 3:06:34 AM EDT
[#5]
Try checking a little closer to town, Wenatchee/East Wenatchee. Still have the lands you are looking for without being quite so remote and out of the incessant wind that you get up there on the plattue.
If you need a local guide or a referral for someone that you can trust to look at properties let me know. Beautiful country I highly recommend it.

Link Posted: 11/21/2014 11:26:08 AM EDT
[#6]
I honestly don't think the land would be used much at all but I have to satisfy my wife by looking.
Link Posted: 11/21/2014 11:41:21 AM EDT
[#7]
Is she absolutely fixated on the Waterville area? If not, there are nicer areas available. What is the purpose for the land? Recreational? Survivalist retreat?
Link Posted: 11/21/2014 12:52:41 PM EDT
[#8]
No, that was just something that came up searching.  Just somewhere to get away from Texas when she wants to.
Link Posted: 11/21/2014 3:52:54 PM EDT
[#9]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Nice area, very rural and spread out.  Unless you are in "town" your closest neighbor will be miles away.  Located up on the Columbia Plateau there are very little trees.  Mostly rolling hills of wheat for as far as the eye can see (or all the way to Spokane).  I love that drive through the area along HWY2.

I dream of buying 50-100 acres with an old missile silo site.
View Quote

My favorite as well.....sometimes on that drive...I just pull over and sit for a while....and enjoy it.
Link Posted: 11/21/2014 3:54:06 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

The waterville burger joint is good and not expensive..and the little thrift shop across the street isnt to bad...nice town..
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Wife and I spent a couple hours in their museum a year or so ago.....neat little town, and friendly folks.
Link Posted: 11/22/2014 8:45:58 PM EDT
[#11]
Lived in Waterville. Annual rainfall is about 9" a year and that comes in the winter. Depending on the winter it could range from 6" to 8' of snow. The roads in the winter are well maintained. It is only 25 miles to Wenatchee so it is not that far to drive. Elevation of Waterville is about 2800'. Can't tell you what land prices are any more. If you can find some land on Badger mtn to the south of Waterville you will be more secluded and higher in elevation, plus you can take the backway into E. Wenatchee. You are about 6 miles from the Columbia river and 30 miles from lake Chelan. you are about 130 miles to Spokane and about 165 to Seattle.  You are also 130 miles to the Canadian boarder. I enjoyed living there. Not many hunting opportunities there though. Summers don't get overly hot, may have some days in the high 90s but as soon as the sun drops behind the Cascade mtns the temps get very nice. The town also has its own little ski area that is maintained by a local sky club. Not a giant hill but fun just the same. Don't know what the rates are now, but they use to $5.00 for all day.
Link Posted: 11/29/2014 4:17:05 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Lived in Waterville. Annual rainfall is about 9" a year and that comes in the winter. Depending on the winter it could range from 6" to 8' of snow. The roads in the winter are well maintained. It is only 25 miles to Wenatchee so it is not that far to drive. Elevation of Waterville is about 2800'. Can't tell you what land prices are any more. If you can find some land on Badger mtn to the south of Waterville you will be more secluded and higher in elevation, plus you can take the backway into E. Wenatchee. You are about 6 miles from the Columbia river and 30 miles from lake Chelan. you are about 130 miles to Spokane and about 165 to Seattle.  You are also 130 miles to the Canadian boarder. I enjoyed living there. Not many hunting opportunities there though. Summers don't get overly hot, may have some days in the high 90s but as soon as the sun drops behind the Cascade mtns the temps get very nice. The town also has its own little ski area that is maintained by a local sky club. Not a giant hill but fun just the same. Don't know what the rates are now, but they use to $5.00 for all day.
View Quote

I was thinking of the Badger Mountain area as being what the op is wanting?
Link Posted: 12/1/2014 5:43:18 AM EDT
[#13]
look at rimrock meadows website, right in your area, but $3000 gets you an acre, there's hundreds to choose from, 15 miles to town, but a nice resort in season, taxes are dirt, pretty area but there's a million things to see within an hour of there, world class fishing and hunting, etc, you'll be out almost nothing, have as much seclusion as you wish, or be in socializing in 5 minutes, great spot smack dab in the middle of the state 1/2 hour from international airport at Moses lake, a real city at Wenatchee, or 3 hours to Seattle and salmon, I build small cabin shells cheap, and just traded one for my acre getaway there from the coast.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top