Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/28/2014 12:43:03 AM EDT
Alright... bad stuff happened to my laptop.

It's been down for 2 months now. Hd puked. Contacted hp about the software to get it running. Paid $40 for recovery discs to return laptop to as new configuration after I put in a new hdd. They gave me the wrong shit, and dont have the right shit now as they claim.

I have my sticker with my code on it for activating my windows7. I need a windows 7 64bit home premium install disk. Anyone got one I can borrow for a few days?
Link Posted: 9/28/2014 1:56:06 AM EDT
[#1]
If you have another computer that has a DVD burner, I think you can download it as an .iso file from various websites, and burn it to a blank (formatted) DVD. Insert the DVD into your machine, and enter your key code when it prompts you. That's what I did earlier this year- mine is 32 bit, though.
Link Posted: 9/28/2014 2:39:15 AM EDT
[#2]
per microsoft support

Windows x64 HP
Link Posted: 9/28/2014 2:54:21 AM EDT
[#3]
Problem is... all I have is phone and tablet...  I can't make the disk. Might be time for a trip to the da_bunny house. I found the links to download the iso. I just dont have a way to do it. HeckdI'd love to get the iso transferred to a thumb drive to be installed that way.
Link Posted: 9/28/2014 3:21:00 AM EDT
[#4]
I have one, where do you live?
Link Posted: 9/28/2014 11:34:37 AM EDT
[#5]
Lake Stevens
Link Posted: 9/28/2014 7:26:28 PM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 9/28/2014 11:54:27 PM EDT
[#7]
IM sent
Link Posted: 9/29/2014 3:03:38 PM EDT
[#8]
Thank you to Tumbleweed. He made a bootable thumbdrive with the oem op system on it. Everything less 1 driver was perfect install.
Link Posted: 10/2/2014 6:49:58 PM EDT
[#9]
BTW, for anyone else with this problem.

MS offers an ISO to Thumbdrive converter....

http://www.microsoftstore.com/store/msusa/html/pbPage.Help_Win7_usbdvd_dwnTool
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top