Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/10/2014 11:52:04 AM EDT
I will be in Tacoma/Kent area in mid October to see my son who recently relocated there and want to hit all  or most of the good gun shops in the 50 mile radius. Ranier Arms is already on the list but I know you locals know where to go. Also good eating in the area, open for suggestions on that too. Thanks in advance for the help, and if you get down to GEORGIA or Ft Benning area look me up. Always here to help a fellow Ar-15.com  member out. Bob
Link Posted: 9/10/2014 2:10:03 PM EDT
[#1]
There is Surplus arms down in Tacoma (surplusammo.com).
Link Posted: 9/10/2014 2:38:01 PM EDT
[#2]
http://www.federalwaydiscountguns.com (not to be mistaken for any 'Discount Gun Sales' stores... avoid those like the plague)

http://www.maryspistols.com
Link Posted: 9/16/2014 2:51:42 PM EDT
[#3]
Bens Loans and Sportco.
Link Posted: 9/16/2014 7:03:12 PM EDT
[#4]
These would be my top choices:

Mary's Pistols    Tacoma
Rainier Arms      Auburn
Federal Way Discount   Fed Way
West Coast Armory   Factoria
Surplus Ammo and Arms  Tacoma

These deserve a mention
Marksman    Puyallup
Welchers      Tacoma
Sportco         Fife  (ammo)

There are others but these came to mind first.

Sir James...

Link Posted: 9/17/2014 12:14:59 AM EDT
[#5]
Rainer Arms in Auburn.
Link Posted: 9/17/2014 4:22:14 PM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Rainer Arms in Auburn.
View Quote

This.
Link Posted: 9/17/2014 7:55:29 PM EDT
[#7]
My must visit list:

Rainier Arms (Auburn)
Federal Way Discount Guns (Federal Way)
West Coast Armory (Bellevue)
Tactical Tailor (Lakewood)
Quantico Tactical (Lakewood)

As for food recommendations, too many to list.  Need some guidance on what kind of food you like/looking for.
Link Posted: 9/17/2014 9:23:54 PM EDT
[#8]
I missed the food part.

In Tacoma head down to the water front about an hour before sunset, look over the water as you eat, then have an after dinner drink/coffee, and enjoy the lights.

There are several mostly bar food, there is a seafood place pretty good, 'The Ram' is bar food and pretty good, 'Katie Downs' has good fish and chips, and pretty good pizza. A few other places down there.

Stanley and Seaforths has good food, a bit of everything, and nice views of the city, industrial area, and water.

What kind of food do you want?
Link Posted: 9/18/2014 12:08:39 PM EDT
[#9]
Thank you all for the information on what to see, gun wise, while I am there for the week. Seafood is all thats on my mind when I am in a coastal town.
Link Posted: 9/18/2014 1:18:06 PM EDT
[#10]
Quantico Tactical.

Food
Warthog Bbq Pacific Ave
Asado 6th Ave
Matador downtown
Steel Creek downtown

Idk about seafood in tacoma
Link Posted: 9/18/2014 4:14:21 PM EDT
[#11]
Seafood wise try Johnnies dock on the tideflats in Tacome. The fish house on MLK JR way has awesome southern fried fish and hush puppies.  Stanley & Seaforts has good seafood also in an upscale atmosphere. The Lobster house on Ruston way is another good choice.
Welchers gun shop and Mary's pistols are gtg in my book!
Link Posted: 9/18/2014 8:02:33 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
http://www.federalwaydiscountguns.com (not to be mistaken for any 'Discount Gun Sales' stores... avoid those like the plague)

View Quote

There was a time when I would have recommended FWDG, but after they took $200.00 from me, no more.
Link Posted: 9/18/2014 9:58:27 PM EDT
[#13]
Link Posted: 9/19/2014 1:34:17 AM EDT
[#14]
Oh and Tactical Tailor, almost forgot about that one.
Link Posted: 9/19/2014 2:08:47 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
Quantico Tactical.

Food
Warthog Bbq Pacific Ave
Asado 6th Ave
Matador downtown
Steel Creek downtown

Idk about seafood in tacoma
View Quote

Seafood restaurants:

Johnny's - Downtown
Anthony's - Pt Defiance
Dukes Chowder House - Ruston Way
The Lobster Shop - Ruston Way
Stanley and Seafort (most expensive of above options but very good) - Up on the hill with view over downtown

Slightly more on the north side of commencement bay along the water:
Cliff House - Browns Point
Salty's - Poverty bay
Link Posted: 9/21/2014 12:35:58 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

Can you elaborate?

I've bought multiple handguns through them and they've always seemed to have better prices than the more local places.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

There was a time when I would have recommended FWDG, but after they took $200.00 from me, no more.

Can you elaborate?

I've bought multiple handguns through them and they've always seemed to have better prices than the more local places.

1st time I ever went there, I spent $3K+.  I went back later (around summer '07) & asked about the SCAR rifles, & put down $200.00 to secure -L & -H models when they would be released.  Then when the FDE's came out & I was called about my reservation, I told the lady on the phone that since black-finish models were also due out later, please contact me when those start coming down the pipe.  She said that was fine fine, but then I never heard for them again afterwards.  I called them a couple yrs ago to ask why I wasn't called back & if they were ever going to get any of those so could I secure a purchase, but the guy on the other end effectively said, yeah, no, sorry, that was too far in the past to honor now.  I told him that's my $200 bucks, & I have the checking account records to prove it, never signed anything waiving off my cash for wanting a black model instead of FDE.  Guy hung up on me.  I can't really take the time from work to go to small claims court in Pierce Co. over $200, & I'm guessing someone was counting on that.

I'll never deal with them again.  They burned me.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top