Quoted:

Transfers.

And rifles/shotguns.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Quoted:
It's my understanding that all handgun purchases made at an FFL in WA are registered currently.  594 just widens that to all private sales so they they are all accounted/registered for, correct?

Transfers.

And rifles/shotguns.

And other convoluted bullshit that could land you in hot water.
Link Posted: 10/24/2014 5:25:32 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:

And 18 pages of other convoluted bullshit that could land you in hot water.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
It's my understanding that all handgun purchases made at an FFL in WA are registered currently.  594 just widens that to all private sales so they they are all accounted/registered for, correct?

Transfers.

And rifles/shotguns.

Fixed that right up.
Link Posted: 10/24/2014 9:34:13 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

Fixed that right up.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Transfers.

And rifles/shotguns/Centerfire antique rifles/pistols pre 1898.

Fixed that right up.

Link Posted: 10/24/2014 9:35:32 PM EDT
[#4]
cornfused
Link Posted: 10/25/2014 2:59:22 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

http://blogs.seattletimes.com/politicsnorthwest/2014/09/25/former-pastor-will-compete-for-city-council-seat-in-north-seattle/

we need to ensure he doesn't get elected. need to find an alternative candidate to back.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Look up the story of Rev. Sandy Brown. One of the writers of I-594. He is a sneaky lying guy, if there ever is one. Plays the press perfectly and was for sure at the No on 594 rally and got the most coverage.

http://blogs.seattletimes.com/politicsnorthwest/2014/09/25/former-pastor-will-compete-for-city-council-seat-in-north-seattle/

we need to ensure he doesn't get elected. need to find an alternative candidate to back.

progressives sure love separation of church and state until they can get a church guy to support their agenda
Link Posted: 10/25/2014 4:11:07 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

View Quote
It also gives the state the ability to turn anyone who touches a gun wrong into a felon, so there's that too.

Link Posted: 10/25/2014 4:12:04 AM EDT
[#7]
There are polls showing that yes is in the lead... but let's not turn into a bunch of pussies just yet. This is a midterm with an unpopular democrat president in office... which means it's highly likely that democrat turn out will suck. There's still hope... and even if there wasn't, some of this cry baby behavior is just embarrassing. Time to man up!
Link Posted: 10/25/2014 9:34:03 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
There are polls showing that yes is in the lead... but let's not turn into a bunch of pussies just yet. This is a midterm with an unpopular democrat president in office... which means it's highly likely that democrat turn out will suck. There's still hope... and even if there wasn't, some of this cry baby behavior is just embarrassing. Time to man up!
View Quote

I can say on the east side I have not seen a single sign for 594. Lots against. If the Dems stay home, maybe the dry siders can actually sway the election to our favor.
Link Posted: 10/25/2014 10:46:45 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
There are polls showing that yes is in the lead... but let's not turn into a bunch of pussies just yet.
View Quote

Me and the wife have already voted and sent it in.  I can assure you that between her office and my work, that our votes have already been cancled out.  
Link Posted: 10/25/2014 2:22:37 PM EDT
[#10]
if we lose, we lose that battle and we keep fighting. The antis are never going to give up, and neither should we. 591 and the courts may be able to 'save the day' if we lose this battle, but until every vote is counted I'm not ready to concede defeat on 594. The wife and I were driving around east Vancouver this morning (with my no on 594 bumper sticker!) and we saw 2 'no on 594' signs and not a single 'yes'. That made me happy...
Link Posted: 10/25/2014 2:42:00 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
I can say on the east side I have not seen a single sign for 594. Lots against. If the Dems stay home, maybe the dry siders can actually sway the election to our favor.
View Quote

The east side's a shoe-in for these matters. Its all the a-holes on this side that ruins it for everyone.
Link Posted: 10/25/2014 7:13:10 PM EDT
[#12]
Our biggest challenge is that most people will vote on it simply based on the headline.

I've talked to several who were going to vote YES, but when I insisted that they actually read what was in it and did so, they changed their votes to NO.

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 10/25/2014 8:30:38 PM EDT
[#13]
Just what the bleep do we do if registration becomes mandatory?

Just what the bleep do we do?

Link Posted: 10/25/2014 8:31:20 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
Our biggest challenge is that most people will vote on it simply based on the headline.

I've talked to several who were going to vote YES, but when I insisted that they actually read what was in it and did so, they changed their votes to NO.

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
View Quote

I've asked a lot of people to actually read the 18 pages, too.  They too have changed to no.
Link Posted: 10/27/2014 2:41:10 PM EDT
[#15]
Just checked the mail this morning and got a folded poster sized mailer by the yes 594 campaign.  Has anyone gotten mailers from the good guys?  It just seems like the NRA are relying on word of mouth to defeat this.  I have done my part and contacted friends and colleagues, and encouraged them to spread the word.  The problem will be those are in the middle, who have zero pro-2A folks in their circle, and bought the lying bastards lines.

A simply post card showing the LE groups opposing it should suffice.  The anti's got a Bellingham (former?) LE to sign on, that is it for LE on their side, and a handful of libtard newspaper endorsements (even the Columbian's line is half hearted, saying it wouldn't stop a thing, but its a STEP in the "right" direction).
Link Posted: 10/27/2014 3:01:38 PM EDT
[#16]
my American Hunter from the NRA had a good sized NO 594 sticker
Link Posted: 10/27/2014 3:52:44 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
Just checked the mail this morning and got a folded poster sized mailer by the yes 594 campaign.  Has anyone gotten mailers from the good guys?  It just seems like the NRA are relying on word of mouth to defeat this.  I have done my part and contacted friends and colleagues, and encouraged them to spread the word.  The problem will be those are in the middle, who have zero pro-2A folks in their circle, and bought the lying bastards lines.

A simply post card showing the LE groups opposing it should suffice.  The anti's got a Bellingham (former?) LE to sign on, that is it for LE on their side, and a handful of libtard newspaper endorsements (even the Columbian's line is half hearted, saying it wouldn't stop a thing, but its a STEP in the "right" direction).
View Quote

POGR and NRA can't even be bothered to do that. POGR put up a couple basic TV and radio ads, which are good, but nothing can touch the WAGR billionaire funded media campaign. At least I donated to POGR and know that some of my cash went to their ads, but it's not enough.

NRA completely abandoned us on this one. Someone on this forum asked me if I was a member when I said this was going to happen a few months back. Well no, I'm not a member, and I probably won't ever be at this point if this is how the NRA represents its member base. I received a survey letter from them earlier this month, including a membership application sheet. Sent them back a letter in their postage-paid envelope stating that if I don't see them drop serious money towards defeating 594, I will never join, ever.

So far this election cycle, the NRA claims to have no money to fight in WA, but has spent nearly $2 million trying to defeat Mary Landrieu in LA. Basically zilch for us - I think they threw in under $200k at this point.
Link Posted: 10/27/2014 3:56:27 PM EDT
[#18]
There's a NO-594 billboard in Fife and NO-594 signs are starting to show up, both NRA sponsored.

I think that the NRA was not optimistic on defeating it and decided to spend most of it's resources elsewhere.
Link Posted: 10/27/2014 5:40:33 PM EDT
[#19]
Link Posted: 10/27/2014 6:27:30 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

Do you have a source for that 2million dollar claim?

I believe you, I'm just curious.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
POGR and NRA can't even be bothered to do that. POGR put up a couple basic TV and radio ads, which are good, but nothing can touch the WAGR billionaire funded media campaign. At least I donated to POGR and know that some of my cash went to their ads, but it's not enough.

NRA completely abandoned us on this one. Someone on this forum asked me if I was a member when I said this was going to happen a few months back. Well no, I'm not a member, and I probably won't ever be at this point if this is how the NRA represents its member base. I received a survey letter from them earlier this month, including a membership application sheet. Sent them back a letter in their postage-paid envelope stating that if I don't see them drop serious money towards defeating 594, I will never join, ever.

So far this election cycle, the NRA claims to have no money to fight in WA, but has spent nearly $2 million trying to defeat Mary Landrieu in LA. Basically zilch for us - I think they threw in under $200k at this point.

Do you have a source for that 2million dollar claim?

I believe you, I'm just curious.

I'm not mancat, but this did peak my interest, so I took a quick look and found these:
NRA reserving $1million worth of air time for commercials in LA for run off
http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2014/oct/2/girding-for-louisiana-runoff-nra-buys-airtime-for-/

NRA spending $1million in Wisconsin:
http://www.jsonline.com/blogs/news/277212711.html

Surely the NRA can spend some money targeting post cards to voters who registered independents and/or dems.
Link Posted: 10/27/2014 6:42:15 PM EDT
[#21]
Just found this recently....  If I'm reading this right, then I'm rather unclear on how one could ever really do a person-to-person sale through an FFL.

Q:
If a Federal Firearms Licensed-retailer, while exhibiting at a gun show within that FFL’s own state, is doing NICS checks for firearms being sold at the show by unlicensed sellers to other persons, can the licensed FFL holder just do the NICS check without logging the firearms in his books? Or must the FFL log the firearms in his books after doing the NICS check and “releasing” the firearm to the buyer?

A:
The FFL is only authorized to conduct NICS checks to his/her prospective firearm transferees and/or for pre-pawn checks. Failure to comply with NICS obligations and responsibilities and/or misuse of the system (i.e., conducting background checks on behalf of an unlicensed seller) may result in revocation of their NICS inquiry privileges by the FBI, as well as the possibility of being fined.
View Quote

I'm also rather unclear on the "State System" that looks like it will have to come into being...

The dealer is notified in writing by the chief of police or the sheriff
of the jurisdiction in which the purchaser resides that the purchaser is eligible... [How many days can this take?...]

Once the system is established, a dealer shall use the state
system and national instant criminal background check system...  [Are they implying a phone-in or internet-based system?]

The dealer shall, by the end of the business day, sign and attach
his or her address and deliver a copy of the application and such
other documentation as required under subsection (1) of this section
to the chief of police of the municipality or the sheriff of the
county of which the purchaser is a resident. [How do you do that if the purchaser is from across the state?]
View Quote

And boy-o-boy, has anyone figured out whether person-to-person sales (or just the FFL) are exempt from tax or not, considering this bender?

(9) Notwithstanding subsections (1) through (4) of this section,
any licensed dealer facilitating a firearm sale or transfer between
two unlicensed persons by conducting background checks under chapter
9.41 RCW is not obligated to collect the tax imposed by this chapter.
View Quote

Link Posted: 10/27/2014 7:15:45 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
There's a NO-594 billboard in Fife and NO-594 signs are starting to show up, both NRA sponsored.

I think that the NRA was not optimistic on defeating it and decided to spend most of it's resources elsewhere.
View Quote

the NRA didn't even endorse 591.
Link Posted: 10/27/2014 9:19:04 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
Just found this recently....  If I'm reading this right, then I'm rather unclear on how one could ever really do a person-to-person sale through an FFL.

I'm also rather unclear on the "State System" that looks like it will have to come into being...

And boy-o-boy, has anyone figured out whether person-to-person sales (or just the FFL) are exempt from tax or not, considering this bender?

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Q:
If a Federal Firearms Licensed-retailer, while exhibiting at a gun show within that FFL’s own state, is doing NICS checks for firearms being sold at the show by unlicensed sellers to other persons, can the licensed FFL holder just do the NICS check without logging the firearms in his books? Or must the FFL log the firearms in his books after doing the NICS check and “releasing” the firearm to the buyer?

A:
The FFL is only authorized to conduct NICS checks to his/her prospective firearm transferees and/or for pre-pawn checks. Failure to comply with NICS obligations and responsibilities and/or misuse of the system (i.e., conducting background checks on behalf of an unlicensed seller) may result in revocation of their NICS inquiry privileges by the FBI, as well as the possibility of being fined.

The dealer is notified in writing by the chief of police or the sheriff
of the jurisdiction in which the purchaser resides that the purchaser is eligible... [How many days can this take?...]

Once the system is established, a dealer shall use the state
system and national instant criminal background check system...  [Are they implying a phone-in or internet-based system?]

The dealer shall, by the end of the business day, sign and attach
his or her address and deliver a copy of the application and such
other documentation as required under subsection (1) of this section
to the chief of police of the municipality or the sheriff of the
county of which the purchaser is a resident. [How do you do that if the purchaser is from across the state?]

(9) Notwithstanding subsections (1) through (4) of this section,
any licensed dealer facilitating a firearm sale or transfer between
two unlicensed persons by conducting background checks under chapter
9.41 RCW is not obligated to collect the tax imposed by this chapter.

FFLs I believe transfer it to themselves, then to the recipient and as such log it in their books... I don't believe that will be a legal flaw. Other states are already doing p2p transfers through FFLs.
ETA: ATF Guidance http://www.atf.gov/files/publications/download/p/atf-p-5300-21.pdf, sounds to me like it would just be treated as if the seller was out of state...

As for the tax, the voter's pamphlet section says that "no sales or use tax will be collected". I still don't trust it. Especially since it also specifically says that use tax is still due.
Link Posted: 10/27/2014 9:26:16 PM EDT
[#24]
every NRA member needs to call them up and demand they resolve their differences with gottlieb and the SAF. the NRA and SAF must mend ways or we are all screwed.
Link Posted: 10/30/2014 11:52:47 AM EDT
[#25]
Link Posted: 10/30/2014 12:41:28 PM EDT
[#26]
It's not even close, did you really think it would be? Hell even leading up to the election the number of individual donations was even killing us (excluding the billionaires that the 591/no on 594 keep whining about). And then especially with the voters' pamphlet they hit a home run on, that just put the nail in the coffin... I'm more interested in how 591 is polling. But with their pamphlet wording I'd be truly surprised if they were a majority on vote count day...

/negative nelly
Link Posted: 10/30/2014 1:21:33 PM EDT
[#27]
the NRA didn't even endorse 591.

WA NRA members should be steaming mad right now, and demanding that the NRA resolve their differences with the SAF.
Link Posted: 10/30/2014 2:07:07 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

The east side's a shoe-in for these matters. Its all the a-holes on this side that ruins it for everyone.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

and there are a lot more of them

It's too bad. . . There are counties like Mason and Kitsap who wouldn't think twice about voting Pro 2A but King just fucks it up for everyone.
Link Posted: 10/30/2014 9:51:24 PM EDT
[#29]
You'll have to excuse me if I don't put much stock in a KCTS-9 poll based on 602 responses. It bears mentioning again that right up until the ballots were counted, I-676 in '97 was expected to pass easily, then received a 70% NO vote. I think there is a strong possibility of the same happening with I-594, despite all the desperate attempts to push the bill at all cost.
Link Posted: 10/30/2014 9:55:55 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

It's too bad. . . There are counties like Mason and Kitsap who wouldn't think twice about voting Pro 2A but King just fucks it up for everyone.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

..and Kitsap's current prosecutor Russ Hauge is appearing in WAGR 594 ads.

Several of my good friends are well-known Kitsap area attorneys, all of them hunters and gun owners. They're all wondering what the hell Hauge thinks he's doing appearing in pro-594 ads in an election year, in an overwhelmingly pro-2A county. Hauge is also behind much of the harassment of KRRC. For shit's sake, one of them has even gone hunting with Hauge.
Link Posted: 10/30/2014 10:14:02 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
You'll have to excuse me if I don't put much stock in a KCTS-9 poll based on 602 responses. It bears mentioning again that right up until the ballots were counted, I-676 in '97 was expected to pass easily, then received a 70% NO vote. I think there is a strong possibility of the same happening with I-594, despite all the desperate attempts to push the bill at all cost.
View Quote

I'm almost inclined to agree with you, everyone and I mean EVERYONE i know is pro 591 and that includes people at work who I'd otherwise think they wouldn't care. We'll see very soon.
Link Posted: 10/30/2014 11:10:44 PM EDT
[#32]
If it serves as an incentive, I normally drive around Lynnwood to Redmond and have seen A LOT more yes on 591 than yes on 594s.   Also, the 591s are spread all over.  The 594s are usually in bundles.

Link Posted: 10/30/2014 11:41:22 PM EDT
[#33]
Obvious attempt at suppressing the anti-594 vote is obvious.

Get your ballots in, and encourage everyone you know to do the same, regardless of what media suggests the odds are.

Link Posted: 10/30/2014 11:47:52 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
View Quote

Let's hope so, I wasn't in this state back then but I've heard a lot of things about "irregularities" in some of the races.
Link Posted: 10/31/2014 12:19:10 AM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

Let's hope so, I wasn't in this state back then but I've heard a lot of things about "irregularities" in some of the races.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

They use the media to back the "irregularities".  You know, if the media says so "it must be true".  

Link Posted: 10/31/2014 12:20:53 AM EDT
[#36]
Everyone I know is voting no on 594/yes on 591. I hope us on the dry side can make a difference this time. It just sucks that Pierce, King and Snohomish counties end up deciding all of the state wide issues.
Link Posted: 10/31/2014 7:12:45 AM EDT
[#37]

I don't exactly believe the polls of people likely to answer the phone when either they know it's KCTS or unknown caller. The use of "statistics" is dubious at best and the derp factor is high in that article. Ralph Fascitelli and Sandy Brown say 80% will vote yes! (Based on "polls")
Link Posted: 10/31/2014 2:39:49 PM EDT
[#38]
I hope ya'll are right and the poll is bullshit.
Link Posted: 10/31/2014 4:08:44 PM EDT
[#39]
Crossing my fingers for a Tuesday night surprise. But I'm still pissed either way that the NRA is basically ignoring us.
Link Posted: 11/1/2014 11:09:01 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
View Quote

This is the site that predicted Romney and McCain landslides.

I am preparing to learn how to sleep well while in defiance of the law.
Link Posted: 11/1/2014 11:23:41 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Pretty much... Walk down many areas of Seattle and you'll see the gun free Seattle/WA ceasefire stickers... They don't care about your right to bear arms or if you're inconvenienced/prosecuted/harrassed for normal behavior. Being antigun is the hip thing for the younger generations and city dwellers in general right now...
Link Posted: 11/2/2014 12:47:27 PM EDT
[#42]
Why do you say the NRA isignoring us? I received 100 signs from the rep on the dry side for free to put out, have seen ads on breitbart and social media. I don't have TV so I can't speak to that. They have been at gun shows as well.
Link Posted: 11/2/2014 3:14:25 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
Everyone I know is voting no on 594/yes on 591. I hope us on the dry side can make a difference this time. It just sucks that Pierce, King and Snohomish counties end up deciding all of the state wide issues.
View Quote

Lots of No 594 signs out here in Snohomish, I'm sure there ain't many in downtown Everett, but lots out where I live.
Link Posted: 11/2/2014 3:32:17 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
Why do you say the NRA isignoring us? I received 100 signs from the rep on the dry side for free to put out, have seen ads on breitbart and social media. I don't have TV so I can't speak to that. They have been at gun shows as well.
View Quote

Soccer moms get their opinions from TV and local TV news. TV is important in elections, sadly.

If you had a TV and could see how many different pro-594 TV ads WAGR is running, how polished and professional they look, how blatantly dishonest they are, and how frequent they are (multiple ads every commercial break on several local stations), you might have a different attitude about signs and social media ads being a huge contribution from the NRA. The NRA contributed to the fight as cheaply as they could, with minimal effort.
Link Posted: 11/2/2014 4:07:08 PM EDT
[#45]
I have posted this before, but another reason that I don't think 594 is going to pass, is the "famous" Shannon Watts rolled into Seattle this weekend pushing the vote.  If Bloomberg is bring in "heavy hitters" like Shannon Watts (to a nearly empty rally BTW), and a Sandy Hook mother, they are desperate.
Link Posted: 11/2/2014 4:47:22 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

Fox News predicted Romney and McCain landslides.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Fox News predicted Romney and McCain landslides.

Fixed it for you. Most here saw the FBO writing on the wall.

If by some grace of God or stroke of luck 594 falls, then it will be by  a few votes. We can be assured our handlers won't let that happen. If you know what I mean - so yes massive defiance, and lots of "oh shits" in the future.
Link Posted: 11/2/2014 4:59:17 PM EDT
[#47]
We basically have hope "regular people" are not voting in this election and that 594 has motivated those that care about gun rights to get out and defeat this.

Both my parents are fairly liberal and after I explained 594, they will be voting no.
Link Posted: 11/2/2014 7:23:03 PM EDT
[#48]
If, by any chance, the vote count is honest the "no on i-594" will win.  

Unless they have an army of deadbrains voting for that thing right now.  

Link Posted: 11/2/2014 9:53:28 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
View Quote

When I asked for signs they said they were "all out", yet I haven't seen a single sign anywhere in SW WA. I haven't seen any signs on my four trips to Seattle in the last two months either. Ads on Breibart and posts on the NRA's Facebook page are just preaching to the choir, that's the NRA trying to look like they're doing something without actually doing it. What we need is TV and radio ads, that's how we convince the people who are on the fence or don't really care either way to vote with our side. Bloomy is killing us at that.
Link Posted: 11/3/2014 12:08:54 AM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:

When I asked for signs they said they were "all out", yet I haven't seen a single sign anywhere in SW WA. I haven't seen any signs on my four trips to Seattle in the last two months either. Ads on Breibart and posts on the NRA's Facebook page are just preaching to the choir, that's the NRA trying to look like they're doing something without actually doing it. What we need is TV and radio ads, that's how we convince the people who are on the fence or don't really care either way to vote with our side. Bloomy is killing us at that.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Bummer to hear. We have lots of signs and stickers out hear. They must figure there is no convincing king county. Just get out and vote seems to be their focus as the Dems will be too lazy since their messiah is a disaster. Have to beat them with rural turnout vice swaying the voters. Here is hoping. *fingers crossed* put out 50 signs and WA-2A on facebook put out the rest. Tricities is plastered with signs.
Page / 15
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top