Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 3
Link Posted: 8/8/2014 11:51:22 AM EDT
[#1]
Might just be my work laptop, but when I load it up, the site just says fetching data and won't show my submitted forms.

ETA: Tried loading it on my phone too, still blank.
Link Posted: 8/8/2014 1:14:16 PM EDT
[#2]
all my forms shows up this morning.  I've updated my post on page 1.
Link Posted: 8/8/2014 2:18:25 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
<snip>

Oh well.... anyone else got their Form 1's approved either on or after 8/7?
View Quote

Both of my eform 1s were approved yesterday morning (filed 6/24 - approved 8/7).
Link Posted: 8/8/2014 2:39:35 PM EDT
[#4]
Not sure if I should celebrate..
Link Posted: 8/8/2014 3:22:39 PM EDT
[#5]
Contacted the ask the expert people and they are looking into my issue.

They thought it might have something to do with the forms crashing this morning, but now they aren't sure. So if you still can't see yours, you might want to contact them.
Link Posted: 8/8/2014 4:58:36 PM EDT
[#6]
So after spending a few hours e-mailing back and forth and a few telephone calls, it's been determined that my E-form is no longer associated with my online account.

My form is submitted and still pending, but I can no longer see it in my pending forms. As such, I will not be able to check the status without calling, and the only way I'll know it's approved is via an e-mail I should receive.

If anyone else is having the issue, use the Ask the experts feature and contact them. They will do the research to make sure it's still in the system. As of now, they do not know WHY it happened.
Link Posted: 8/8/2014 5:34:42 PM EDT
[#7]
Hmm.

This was my first time e-filing, and my Form 1 is stil under the "Submitted/In Process" drop down.. Not sure how long that is supposed to take, but I submitted last Sunday.
Link Posted: 8/8/2014 5:39:32 PM EDT
[#8]
That's expected. It will stay just like that until it gets approved or disapproved.
Link Posted: 8/8/2014 6:58:29 PM EDT
[#9]
My eForm showed back up but no status change.
Link Posted: 8/11/2014 12:26:22 PM EDT
[#10]
Just got the email that my form 1 was approved.  I submitted on 7/3/14.
Link Posted: 8/11/2014 12:50:39 PM EDT
[#11]
HOLY SHIT SO DID I JUST NOW!!! 7/3 submit date as well.

1 approved, 6 others submitted on 7/3 still pending...

Link Posted: 8/11/2014 3:09:20 PM EDT
[#12]
5 more just rolled in approved.

that's 6 total with 1 left to go...

If SBR form 1 approvals were on hold for wa state last week that definitely isn't the case now.. would be good to know what if any clarification the NFA branch received from WA firearms division... especially before I go out and start acquiring SBR parts...
Link Posted: 8/11/2014 3:12:00 PM EDT
[#13]
Stop asking unnecessary questions and just enjoy the approvals.
Link Posted: 8/11/2014 7:18:24 PM EDT
[#14]
We still have the make/manufacture snafu to contend with.

I sent off my 5320.20 today.  
Link Posted: 8/11/2014 8:32:38 PM EDT
[#15]
I submitted mine on Saturday night!  Well see what happens.
Link Posted: 8/11/2014 10:14:58 PM EDT
[#16]
I'm not sure if I'm more happy for you guys that the "hold" nonsense is over or mad at my self for being an idiot and submitting paper forms that I won't get back until 2015.
Link Posted: 8/12/2014 10:32:34 AM EDT
[#17]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I'm not sure if I'm more happy for you guys that the "hold" nonsense is over or mad at my self for being an idiot and submitting paper forms that I won't get back until 2015.
View Quote

I'm in the same boat. Guess I'll submit an efile Form 1 in the meantime...
Link Posted: 8/12/2014 2:00:21 PM EDT
[#18]
My 7th form 1 was just approved.
Link Posted: 8/12/2014 8:07:16 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
View Quote

How long was the wait time?  Im getting antsy...since I am like three days in!!
Link Posted: 8/12/2014 9:19:03 PM EDT
[#20]
All 7 were submitted on 7/3.
Link Posted: 8/12/2014 9:37:18 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Just forget about it and go about regular life.  If you e-filed, you'll likely see approval in mid to late September.
Link Posted: 8/12/2014 9:48:09 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

Just forget about it and go about regular life.  If you e-filed, you'll likely see approval in mid to late September.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

That was a serious question followed by a tongue in cheek comment.  Im not checking daily for status changes...heck I have a Saker 7.62 I probably wont see for a year that Im not worried about.
Link Posted: 8/14/2014 5:20:54 PM EDT
[#23]
Submitted 7/18/14. Approved today!

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 8/14/2014 6:05:59 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
Submitted 7/18/14. Approved today!
Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
View Quote

Link Posted: 8/15/2014 3:03:17 PM EDT
[#25]
Submitted 7/19. Approved 8/15.
Link Posted: 8/15/2014 3:29:49 PM EDT
[#26]
Did the government just become efficient?

Who are you bribing?
Link Posted: 8/15/2014 5:00:27 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

Who are you bribing?
View Quote

30 days only seems efficient since we are used to 6-12 month wait times. A month is still extremely inefficient for paperwork in the 21st century.
Link Posted: 8/15/2014 5:34:38 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

30 days only seems efficient since we are used to 6-12 month wait times. A month is still extremely inefficient for paperwork in the 21st century.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Who are you bribing?

and for "Shall not be infringed"
Link Posted: 8/16/2014 7:58:03 AM EDT
[#29]
Form 1 approved 8/16, efiled on 7/19.  I would have had it yesterday but I made a mistake and needed to resubmit.

Link Posted: 8/16/2014 11:33:15 AM EDT
[#30]
Got mine approved this morning despite my best efforts lol! First time I had the wrong trust uploaded, the second time I had my name in box 3b rather than the trust name.

Now to go SBR'ing targets with my SBR.
Link Posted: 8/16/2014 9:05:55 PM EDT
[#31]
Question on engraving.

The ATF handbook states have it engraved with city and state of where it is made or where place of business is.  I'm guessing place of business is where your Trust is.

So, if I have a 5320.20 to take my not yet made SBR across the Columbia River to Portland, OR to make it, I can put either Vancouver, WA or Portland, OR on the rifle's engraving?
Link Posted: 8/16/2014 10:11:58 PM EDT
[#32]
You're not a business, so you would put where you actually make it. If you are making it in Portland then that is what you would engrave.

Fwiw I've decided to make mine right here in WA. I'm fine being one of an ever growing number of folks also doing this.
Link Posted: 8/16/2014 11:46:59 PM EDT
[#33]
I'm still mixed up on the SBR process.
Who can point me to (or maybe shoot me a pm?) on how I might go about buying, ordering and making everything legal. I plan on ordering a daniel defense MK18.
Link Posted: 8/17/2014 12:11:46 AM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
You're not a business, so you would put where you actually make it. If you are making it in Portland then that is what you would engrave.

Fwiw I've decided to make mine right here in WA. I'm fine being one of an ever growing number of folks also doing this.
View Quote

I believe your actually putting down the location of the entity that's building it. Your just acting as an agent/trustee of the entity to physically  build it. So if your trust is located in Vancouver, you need to put Vancouver as opposed to somewhere else.
Link Posted: 8/17/2014 12:38:29 AM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
Who can point me to (or maybe shoot me a pm?) on how I might go about buying, ordering and making everything legal. I plan on ordering a daniel defense MK18.
View Quote

The WA law allows you to possess, transport, acquire or transfer an SBR in accordance with federal law.

However, "make" and "manufacture" were omitted from the legalization wording.  So you can't make your AR pistol into an SBR.

If an FFL transfers (sells) an existing SBR to you that is okay.  For example, you could have an SBR transferred to your FFL from Texas, then your FFL would do the transfer paperwork to you or some shit.

I got an approved form 1 back, so I just filed a 5320.20 for transport into Oregon (I go hiking there all the time and to family residences/property in Portland, Hillsboro, Aurora and Lincoln City).  What I will do is just stick the stock on once I get the 5320.20 and then drive back.  I don't make the SBR in Washington, I make it in Oregon and then transport it in accordance with federal law back into Washington.
Link Posted: 8/17/2014 12:47:24 AM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

I believe your actually putting down the location of the entity that's building it. Your just acting as an agent/trustee of the entity to physically  build it. So if your trust is located in Vancouver, you need to put Vancouver as opposed to somewhere else.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

But the ATF handbook/laws states:

§ 479.102
(iv) In the case of a domestically
made firearm, the city and State (or
recognized abbreviation thereof) where
you as the manufacturer maintain
your place of business, or where you, as
the maker, made the firearm

My "place of business" is where the trust is, but I'll be "making" the firearm in Portland, so technically, both can be used.

Link Posted: 8/17/2014 12:53:20 AM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

The WA law allows you to possess, transport, acquire or transfer an SBR in accordance with federal law.

However, "make" and "manufacture" were omitted from the legalization wording.  So you can't make your AR pistol into an SBR.

If an FFL transfers (sells) an existing SBR to you that is okay.  For example, you could have an SBR transferred to your FFL from Texas, then your FFL would do the transfer paperwork to you or some shit.

I got an approved form 1 back, so I just filed a 5320.20 for transport into Oregon (I go hiking there all the time and to family residences/property in Portland, Hillsboro, Aurora and Lincoln City).  What I will do is just stick the stock on once I get the 5320.20 and then drive back.  I don't make the SBR in Washington, I make it in Oregon and then transport it in accordance with federal law back into Washington.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I'm getting hung up on ownership of the rifle until the paper work is approved. Once I pay for the rifle and fill out my paperwork, is it put on hold with the FFL until paperwork is approved or can I take it home? I'm new to this so please bear with my stupid questions.
Link Posted: 8/17/2014 12:56:04 AM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

I'm getting hung up on ownership of the rifle until the paper work is approved. Once I pay for the rifle and fill out my paperwork, is it put on hold with the FFL until paperwork is approved or can I take it home? I'm new to this so please bear with my stupid questions.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yes, the FFL keeps it in "NFA jail" until the paperwork comes back approved.
Link Posted: 8/17/2014 12:59:19 AM EDT
[#39]
That's what I thought.

Thanks for the help.
Link Posted: 8/17/2014 1:24:33 AM EDT
[#40]
Ultimate solution: get the stamp, file the 5320, and make the SBR. Regardless of which way (making in wa or OR) the ATF says is legal in the end, THAT is the one you did. No way to prove otherwise unless the ATF is satellite tracking every person they send a stamp too... And even then they couldn't prove shit.
Link Posted: 8/17/2014 12:54:51 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

My "place of business" is where the trust is, but I'll be "making" the firearm in Portland, so technically, both can be used.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

§ 479.102
(iv) In the case of a domestically
made firearm, the city and State (or
recognized abbreviation thereof) where
you as the manufacturer maintain
your place of business, or where you, as
the maker, made the firearm

But a trust isn't a business right? It's a legal entity. It doesn't make money, doesn't have a tax ID, etc. I would read that section as specifically referring to manufacturing companies. And in the eyes of the ATF you also aren't an actual manufacturer, you are a maker. So the only part of that section that applies is after the 'or'.

But meh, none of this will matter anyways unless you were already in the ATF crosshairs, in which case you did something much more serious and are already in trouble.
Link Posted: 8/18/2014 3:07:44 AM EDT
[#42]
So are people actually doing the assembly in WA after they get their stamp? Or are they crossing the border into OR to do it just to be safe?
Link Posted: 8/18/2014 11:47:09 AM EDT
[#43]
Sooooo...... It looks like approvals are NOT on hold......
Link Posted: 8/18/2014 11:59:34 AM EDT
[#44]
Approved 0458 local this morning.

Filed July 8th.
Link Posted: 8/22/2014 11:53:25 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

What city and state are you going to put in the engraving?  OR or WA?
Link Posted: 8/23/2014 2:43:38 AM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I'm going to get Portland, OR engraved on it.
Link Posted: 8/23/2014 12:37:27 PM EDT
[#47]
Efiled 23 July, approved 15 Aug.
Link Posted: 8/23/2014 3:08:51 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
Efiled 23 July, approved 15 Aug.
View Quote

3 weeks, 2 days.
Link Posted: 8/23/2014 3:16:12 PM EDT
[#49]
So... Anyone get hassled for using a F1 SBR at the local ranges? Did they check your F1 and the engraved location?
Link Posted: 8/23/2014 3:45:39 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
So... Anyone get hassled for using a F1 SBR at the local ranges? Did they check your F1 and the engraved location?
View Quote

English Pit in Vancouver is not permitting SBR as of yet.

Aren't the only ones allowed to inspect paperwork the BATFE themselves?
Page / 3
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top