BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 8
Link Posted: 9/4/2014 7:44:48 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Yes you can login to the website, expand the 'My Forms -> Approved -> Form 1' on the left side and click on Form 1. A table will show that lists your approved form(s), and under the Actions column you can click on the icon to view the form in PDF. You can print from there.

As far as email goes, sometimes folks don't get the email for a couple days after approved on the website, so maybe it will still arrive. Other times they get an email and no form is attached. So your issue isn't unique. :)

congrats!
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
As soon as your Form 1 has been approved are you supposed to receive your stamp via email? If you didn't receive your stamp is there somewhere you can go to print it? (and no, the stamp is not in my spam box).

Submitted 8/11/2014

On 9/2/2014 it shows as Approved and Finalized on the ATF eForm site

As of 9/4/2014 no stamp has been received

Yes you can login to the website, expand the 'My Forms -> Approved -> Form 1' on the left side and click on Form 1. A table will show that lists your approved form(s), and under the Actions column you can click on the icon to view the form in PDF. You can print from there.

As far as email goes, sometimes folks don't get the email for a couple days after approved on the website, so maybe it will still arrive. Other times they get an email and no form is attached. So your issue isn't unique. :)

congrats!

Thanks but when I log into the eForm site I can see that my Form 1 has been approved and it also has a Finalized Date but when I bring up the .pdf it only shows the "submitted" version. There is no version watermarked with "approved" or a version with a stamp on it.
Link Posted: 9/4/2014 7:49:11 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:

Mine was attached to it
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
As soon as your Form 1 has been approved are you supposed to receive your stamp via email? If you didn't receive your stamp is there somewhere you can go to print it? (and no, the stamp is not in my spam box).

Submitted 8/11/2014

Mine was attached to it

Attached to the email? So far I have not received an email nor can I print a "stamped" version or an "approved" version from the efile site.
Link Posted: 9/4/2014 8:04:38 PM EDT
[#3]
Hmm sounds like its time to click 'ask the experts' on the website. This is probably something they'll need to fix for you
Link Posted: 9/4/2014 8:29:30 PM EDT
[#4]
Thanks,

I actually used the "Ask The Experts" email system 2 days ago with no reply.

Today I emailed them directly: [email protected]

And their support website: http://www.atf.gov/applications/eform/support.html
Link Posted: 9/4/2014 10:44:24 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
We were just informed by the BATF and verified it through the WA Firearms licensing division that it is illegal to manufacture SBRs in Washington State.
This includes form 1s, approved or not and form 2s by dealers. I hope there will be a change this legislative session, but as of now that is what the lawmakers have decided.
According to the Washington licensing division the only SBR that can be legally made in Washington has to be for Military and LE Sales only.

Don't shoot the messenger, it hurts everyone.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
We were just informed by the BATF and verified it through the WA Firearms licensing division that it is illegal to manufacture SBRs in Washington State.
This includes form 1s, approved or not and form 2s by dealers. I hope there will be a change this legislative session, but as of now that is what the lawmakers have decided.
According to the Washington licensing division the only SBR that can be legally made in Washington has to be for Military and LE Sales only.

Don't shoot the messenger, it hurts everyone.

Interesting...several weeks ago WCA had a bunch of Aero Precision SBRs on the wall...per the above those would be illegal...right...but WCA was selling them.  What happens to the folks that have pending Form 4's on those Aero Precision SBRs?

Quoted:
Quoted:
Time to file a ATF Form 5320.20 and then take the parts across the Oregon or Idaho border to "assemble"?

Yep, I mailed one off 2-3 weeks ago, I hope to see it turned around soon.

Regarding revoking a form 1.  I don't think they can do that.  The form 1 is asking permission to make/manufacture a SBR.  

The 5320.20 to take your components into another state is a legal work around.

For what it is worth, NFA tracker dot com shows an SBR form 1 approved today via eFile.  It was submitted August 15 for a WA resident.

So, apparently nothing is being held up, if NFA tracker dot com is accurate.

I have one submitted Aug 19, so I expect, if recent approval times are holding (16-21 days), that I'll see an approval between this Friday and Sept 16.

So, I did the "Ask the Experts" from atfonline.gov/eforms, and I asked the following question:  "Hello, I have an approved Form 1. Do I engrave the Name, City and State on Form 1 box 3b on the firearm or do I engrave where the actually SBR was made. For example, if approved Form 1 box 3b lists Portland, OR, and the SBR was assmbled/made in Boise, ID, what do I engrave on the SBR? Portland, OR or where it was assembled, Boise, ID?"

The response that I received from Gary N.Schaible, was "The city and state will be that of the trust address, not where assembled.  The name, city and state can be marked on the receiver or the barrel as long as the marking is conspicuous in either location.".  So, will the 5320.20 be the form that proves that the Form 1 SBR is not "illegal" if the above "WCTLE" statement is true?

Link Posted: 9/5/2014 1:43:01 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:So, I did the "Ask the Experts" from atfonline.gov/eforms, and I asked the following question:  "Hello, I have an approved Form 1. Do I engrave the Name, City and State on Form 1 box 3b on the firearm or do I engrave where the actually SBR was made. For example, if approved Form 1 box 3b lists Portland, OR, and the SBR was assmbled/made in Boise, ID, what do I engrave on the SBR? Portland, OR or where it was assembled, Boise, ID?"

The response that I received from Gary N.Schaible, was "The city and state will be that of the trust address, not where assembled.  The name, city and state can be marked on the receiver or the barrel as long as the marking is conspicuous in either location.".  So, will the 5320.20 be the form that proves that the Form 1 SBR is not "illegal" if the above "WCTLE" statement is true?
View Quote

Thank you for posting this, and yes, other than video evidence or something even more dubious, the 5320.20 would probably be the only way to prove such a thing. For me doing the 5320 thing is a no-brainer. Oregon is a stone's throw away. You guys in Seattle have more driving to do......presuming you actually do leave the state at all...

In any event, a key question the "5320 plan" has been answered, so that's something.
Link Posted: 9/5/2014 8:09:58 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

Attached to the email? For far I have not received an email or can I print a "stamped" version or an "approved" version from the efile site.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Submitted 8/11/2014

Mine was attached to it

Attached to the email? For far I have not received an email or can I print a "stamped" version or an "approved" version from the efile site.

Yes it was in the email. I checked my status on the ATF eforms page and it hadn't been approved. Then next morning I got the email with an attachment of the stamp. Id ask the expert, they helped me in the past.
Link Posted: 9/5/2014 10:49:50 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

Attached to the email? So far I have not received an email nor can I print a "stamped" version or an "approved" version from the efile site.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Submitted 8/11/2014

Mine was attached to it

So last night I emailed [email protected] and I received a couple of replies early this morning:

"Our apologies, the pdf did not generate properly."

"I have requested the correction to be made."

An hour later I received an email titled "eForms Application Status Change Notification for Permit/Control No: 2014193xxx"" which states "This is to advise you that the status of your eForms submission with the subject Permit/Control number has changed to APPROVED"

One last question. The .pdf in to this email has my approved Form 1 with the tax stamp attached to it but the watermark still says "DRAFT".

Should the Stamped and Approved Form 1 still have the "Draft" Watermark on it?
Link Posted: 9/5/2014 4:20:23 PM EDT
[#9]
The draft watermark is a known issue. Reply back to the ask the experts or start another conversation and they'll fix it. Sometimes it can take a day or two, but they are aware of it.
Link Posted: 9/5/2014 5:25:36 PM EDT
[#10]
I just got back three paper From 1's submitted at the end of May! Those new examiners must be kicking ass, I didn't expect these for another 4 months or so.
Time to get some engraving done.
Link Posted: 9/5/2014 5:32:52 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:

You'd think the BATFE could be consistent about such a simple thing.

Their own publications state that it is to be where the firearm is made.

http://www.gpo.gov/fdsys/pkg/CFR-2012-title27-vol3/pdf/CFR-2012-title27-vol3-sec479-102.pdf

To comply with the CFRs, the SBR must be marked conspicuously on the frame, receiver, or barrel with the name of the trust and the city and state (two-letter postal abbreviation acceptable) where the SBR is made.

At this point, I really think you could have "Christmas Island" or "Superman's Fortress of Solitude" engraved as your city/state and it wouldn't matter.

If you are building a stripped lower (other) into a rifle (SBR), you are the maker and where you finish the firearm is where it is made.  I interpret this as where the stock is attached.  I believe there's an ATF publication related to this as they state you can have a rifle buffer tube on a rifle but no stock and it isn't a rifle until the stock is attached.
Link Posted: 9/5/2014 6:06:01 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
The draft watermark is a known issue. Reply back to the ask the experts or start another conversation and they'll fix it. Sometimes it can take a day or two, but they are aware of it.
View Quote

I emailed them again and within an hour I had a good Form 1 ready to be printed. Thanks
Link Posted: 9/5/2014 8:20:26 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:You'd think the BATFE could be consistent about such a simple thing.

http://www.gpo.gov/fdsys/pkg/CFR-2012-title27-vol3/pdf/CFR-2012-title27-vol3-sec479-102.pdf

At this point, I really think you could have "Christmas Island" or "Superman's Fortress of Solitude" engraved as your city/state and it wouldn't matter.
View All Quotes
Quoted:You'd think the BATFE could be consistent about such a simple thing.

To comply with the CFRs, the SBR must be marked conspicuously on the frame, receiver, or barrel with the name of the trust and the city and state (two-letter postal abbreviation acceptable) where the SBR is made.

Yeah, my guess is that when the ATF decided it was "ok" for people to assemble their SBR in another state they didn't think about this "issue". In their mind if you live in a border city (like I do, in Vancouver, WA) and you drive across the river/border to get a smith to install a bbl for you because you can't figure it out yourself, then the engraved city/state should still be "Vancouver, WA"...not "Portland, OR"...in spite of what the CFR says. Who knows. It would be pretty much impossible to prove where it was made if you had the 5320.20 filed. Could be in either location. The form 1 will have a city/state on it...the gun should probably have the same city/state engraved on it. Seems safest.
Link Posted: 9/5/2014 9:26:56 PM EDT
[#14]
I just got one of my paper form 1's approved dated june 15. approved September 1st.  
whoo hoo I think.  so can I assemble this thing or not? (after engraving of course)
Link Posted: 9/5/2014 9:34:10 PM EDT
[#15]
Link Posted: 9/6/2014 12:15:15 AM EDT
[#16]
Best news I heard all day.. Submitted my trust form 1 on the 16th.
Link Posted: 9/6/2014 1:34:49 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
I just got one of my paper form 1's approved dated june 15. approved September 1st.  
whoo hoo I think.  so can I assemble this thing or not? (after engraving of course)
View Quote

son of a B! I mailed my three paper F1s in at 8am on June 12!!!    Prolly still won't see anything until 2015.
Link Posted: 9/7/2014 11:16:36 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

son of a B! I mailed my three paper F1s in at 8am on June 12!!!    Prolly still won't see anything until 2015.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I was pretty surprised. Not expecting it at all. I have another one I sent in about a week later.
Wonder when that one will be approved.
Link Posted: 9/9/2014 11:15:20 AM EDT
[#19]
Why are there no pictures of all these approved form 1's?  (the rifles, not the documents)
Link Posted: 9/9/2014 11:36:47 AM EDT
[#20]
I'll post one after work today.

Had it out at the range last week. Absolute BLAST to shoot. Have others pending right now because I don't want many longer barrels now, lol.
Link Posted: 9/9/2014 12:09:50 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
Why are there no pictures of all these approved form 1's?  (the rifles, not the documents)
View Quote

Waiting on 5320.20 so I can go to Oregon to 'make' the SBR and bring it back.  
Link Posted: 9/9/2014 12:42:01 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

After following and reading this thread since it started, I still don't understand this.  Is it legal or not to possess and sbr in wa?
If so, why is it necessary to do the 5320.20?
Link Posted: 9/9/2014 12:58:23 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

After following and reading this thread since it started, I still don't understand this.  Is it legal or not to possess and sbr in wa?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

The law is unclear if an individual can assemble a SBR within the state. Filing a 5320.20 is an alibi that the SBR was not made in WA. Possessing a SBR is legal provided you have ATF approval.
Link Posted: 9/9/2014 2:43:01 PM EDT
[#24]
I sent in the removal paperwork and my apartment flooded two days later. So I called the ATF and tried to get things worked out with them and they said my paper form 1 had already been approved AND my eform was in process. Hopefully I won't have to go through a bunch of achennigans with them because the same rifle is under two forms. They said they were going to cancel and refund the reform and send the paper form back. I hope they don't remove the paper form after the reform is canceled.

Submitted June 15th, check cashed June 26th, approved sometime in the last week? Paper forms are speeding up too apparently.
Link Posted: 9/9/2014 3:13:14 PM EDT
[#25]
Anyone else get any e-files back recently?
Link Posted: 9/9/2014 3:40:45 PM EDT
[#26]
Submitted on Aug 13th
Got it Back on the Aug 30

Submitted on Aug. 14th
Got that one back on Sept 8th

Submitted on Aug 30th
Waiting on that one

E-filed all 3
Link Posted: 9/9/2014 3:42:09 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
View Quote

Approved 7/29
Link Posted: 9/9/2014 3:56:02 PM EDT
[#28]
I mailed mine June 16th and the check was cashed 10 days later. I called today and it isn't in their system and said to call back in a few weeks. :(
Link Posted: 9/9/2014 3:58:15 PM EDT
[#29]
Link Posted: 9/9/2014 4:46:34 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

Approved 7/29
<a href="http://s65.photobucket.com/user/subiekid21/media/Mobile%20Uploads/PhotoGrid_1409083059518_zps203b0e20.jpg.html" target="_blank">http://i65.photobucket.com/albums/h203/subiekid21/Mobile%20Uploads/PhotoGrid_1409083059518_zps203b0e20.jpg</a>
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Approved 7/29
<a href="http://s65.photobucket.com/user/subiekid21/media/Mobile%20Uploads/PhotoGrid_1409083059518_zps203b0e20.jpg.html" target="_blank">http://i65.photobucket.com/albums/h203/subiekid21/Mobile%20Uploads/PhotoGrid_1409083059518_zps203b0e20.jpg</a>

That is what I like to see!!!
Very nice
Link Posted: 9/9/2014 7:49:41 PM EDT
[#31]
What i am afraid of but the you wouldn't help me until I waited a few more weeks. I am going to efile tomorrow and request a cancellation of my paper.
Link Posted: 9/9/2014 11:36:29 PM EDT
[#32]
Efiled on 9/7.  Will see how long it takes...  I'm hoping that the two to three week trend continues.

SFC
Link Posted: 9/10/2014 9:36:01 AM EDT
[#33]
Here's a few pictures. Sorry they are so crappy. Taken with the phone as I was in a hurry. It's burnt bronze. Also waiting on a new Aimpoint Micro for it. Sold my T-1 as the T-2 should be out soon supposedly.

Link Posted: 9/10/2014 3:29:56 PM EDT
[#34]
Link Posted: 9/10/2014 5:21:25 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
I called to check on my paper filing today.

Sent 6/13. Approved 9/8. 87 days.
View Quote

Link Posted: 9/10/2014 8:23:03 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
I called to check on my paper filing today.

Sent 6/13. Approved 9/8. 87 days.
View Quote

yet another person that sent theirs in after me and yet got their approval first.  I should just stop reading internet forum posts, because this crap is more depressing than en empty mail box!!!
Link Posted: 9/10/2014 8:27:36 PM EDT
[#37]
Link Posted: 9/11/2014 12:46:58 PM EDT
[#38]
So all of these approved form 1's has anyone talked to the state about how the law is written?  Is there hundreds of people who violated state law?
Link Posted: 9/11/2014 1:40:17 PM EDT
[#39]
I know exactly how the law is written. Read it forwards and backwards. Read the legislative notes. Watched the bill signing. I don't have any questions for the state, other than "are you going to break both the spirit and the text of the law as part of an anti-2A political agenda?"

Since it's doubtful that would be productive, and ATF is approving stamps, there is NO reason to ask them a damn thing. We should go about our business and let precedent be our friend.
Link Posted: 9/11/2014 3:50:39 PM EDT
[#40]
I paper filed my form 1 and got my stamp in 5 months....
Link Posted: 9/11/2014 4:26:25 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
I dont have it in hand yet. The lady on the phone just said it had been approved as of monday. Donno if they actually have mailed it yet or how long it will take to get here.
View Quote

Ahhhh, gotcha. I was blinded by grief to the point that my reading comp skills diminished for a minute there. What's this magical number we call to check the status? I planned on just leaving them alone and waiting patiently, but it's hard to do! Harder than I thought, for sure. Can't wait...
Link Posted: 9/11/2014 4:51:19 PM EDT
[#42]
Link Posted: 9/11/2014 10:10:51 PM EDT
[#43]
Paper filed 5 on 6/19. Got two back in the mail today, approved.
Link Posted: 9/11/2014 11:13:07 PM EDT
[#44]
Submitted a paper Form 1 June 13th- still waiting.

Efiled a Form 1 August 13th. Approved August 29th, decided to go flamethrower status.

Link Posted: 9/11/2014 11:40:50 PM EDT
[#45]
its shit like this that makes me want to e-file SBR one of my spare lowers...and I don't even want an SBR AR...I just want to get something back from the ATF that says "approved" on it.    
Link Posted: 9/12/2014 12:39:24 AM EDT
[#46]
So when you guys are sending in your 5320.20's, under 'reason for transportation of firearm' are you saying: to make an SBR?
Link Posted: 9/12/2014 8:56:47 AM EDT
[#47]
Is anyone doing a 5330.20 Certificate of Compliance form with their efile? If you are are you just attaching it as a pdf along with the trust docs? Thanks
Link Posted: 9/12/2014 8:57:58 AM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
So when you guys are sending in your 5320.20's, under 'reason for transportation of firearm' are you saying: to make an SBR?
View Quote

"Assembly/Repair"
Link Posted: 9/12/2014 9:40:01 AM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
Is anyone doing a 5330.20 Certificate of Compliance form with their efile? If you are are you just attaching it as a pdf along with the trust docs? Thanks
View Quote

Believe theres a portion of eFile process that addresses this. I got my efile back approved and didnt scan/attach a cert of compliance
Link Posted: 9/12/2014 10:02:23 AM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:

Believe theres a portion of eFile process that addresses this. I got my efile back approved and didnt scan/attach a cert of compliance
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Thanks. I decided to fill one out and attach it JIC but sounds like they don't care too much.
Page / 8
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top