Page / 8
Link Posted: 8/19/2014 5:12:09 PM EDT
[#1]
Deleted, sorry duplicate post.
Link Posted: 8/19/2014 5:16:36 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I've got an appointment Thursday to have my engraving done by Trevor over at Jet City. I'll find out more details when I have it done and if anyone has any specific questions just let me know and I'll be sure to ask.
View Quote

Yes, can you find out:

To engrave the front of the magwell how far does the lower need to be broken down? Does the stock need to be removed from the lower?

Thanks,
Link Posted: 8/19/2014 6:20:58 PM EDT
[#3]
Hi guys,

This is Trevor. Figured I should introduce myself. I'm the guy who did the SBR engraving pictured/referenced above. If anyone else needs engraving, let me know. You can either PM me, or shoot a text to my cell (253) 293-2164. As a heads up, engraving is not limited to just text. If you guys have graphics or logos, artwork of any kind really, I can probably do that too.

Trevor K.
Auburn, WA
Link Posted: 8/19/2014 7:00:57 PM EDT
[#4]
Thanks for posting, Trevor! I might have to bring 2 receivers on Thursday if that's alright? I'll shoot you a text later with another question I thought of.
Link Posted: 8/20/2014 3:29:31 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 8/20/2014 4:14:07 PM EDT
[#6]
Any of those options will work if you don't feel like refinishing the entire thing. Just be aware that the pens don't have the finest tips, and depending on the engraving you'll find it difficult to only fill in the lettering.

Another option is using a small syringe and some paint. (ie: colorfill) That's my current plan. Got a few diabetic syringes from work (VERY small needles) and some black testors paint. I think it'll look good on a lower I've got that's Burnt bronze cerakoted.
Link Posted: 8/21/2014 10:50:43 PM EDT
[#7]
Met up with Trevor today. AWESOME guy to work with. The engraving was done very quickly and he took the time to explain the process to me, how he was programming it, even explaining the depth. I could have chosen font, size, location, etc... I kept it very basic but I believe I'm going to have a blank lower engraved at some point. His work is excellent and well priced.

I had 2 lowers engraved, one of which is cerakoted. Both look clean, legible, and are very high quality work.

I HIGHLY recommend him for anyone within driving distance of Auburn. He will truly do what he can to make you happy. He's a true asset to the NFA cause. No long waits like other shops, no shipping, no worries at all.
Link Posted: 8/21/2014 10:51:57 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

Yes, can you find out:

To engrave the front of the magwell how far does the lower need to be broken down? Does the stock need to be removed from the lower?

Thanks,
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I've got an appointment Thursday to have my engraving done by Trevor over at Jet City. I'll find out more details when I have it done and if anyone has any specific questions just let me know and I'll be sure to ask.

Yes, can you find out:

Thanks,

Trevor will engrave anywhere the machine can reach. I left my buffer tubes on, but it seems as if the machine could reach the front of the magwell with the buffer tube removed.
Link Posted: 8/22/2014 8:38:21 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Trevor will engrave anywhere the machine can reach. I left my buffer tubes on, but it seems as if the machine could reach the front of the magwell with the buffer tube removed.
View Quote

Thanks for the reply and observation.

I take it then that you had one of the sides of your lower engraved?

All I have to do now is wait for my Approved Form 1 to come back.
Link Posted: 8/22/2014 5:06:27 PM EDT
[#10]
As a heads up (and I know this is not relevant to the SBR engraving), you are not limited to text. Logos, designs, even pictures are possible. Rotary capability as well.
As far as material, also pretty unlimited. Glass, metal, wood, leathers, plastics, rubbers, you name it, I can probably mark it for you. Pretty much the only limitation is what you can think up.

-Trevor
253-293-2164
Link Posted: 8/22/2014 5:48:53 PM EDT
[#11]
My SBR e-form one was submitted 8/1, approved 8/22.

Randy
Link Posted: 8/23/2014 2:27:33 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

Randy
View Quote

That is damn quick. I should SBR my other lower while waiting for my paper nsubmission... But I only have one upper between the two rifles that would fit the description.
Link Posted: 8/23/2014 5:15:42 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

That is damn quick. I should SBR my other lower while waiting for my paper nsubmission... But I only have one upper between the two rifles that would fit the description.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Randy

I efiled a lower on August 13th while I wait for my paper form 1. If you only have one upper, isn't that motivation to get/build another?
Link Posted: 8/23/2014 10:06:22 PM EDT
[#14]
It looks like they are working on forms from 8/2 now. Mine was submitted 8/2 but still no e-mail. I was hoping to hit the range tomorrow with it but I guess that's a bust.
Link Posted: 8/24/2014 2:28:16 PM EDT
[#15]
Submitted 8/3, approved 8/24
Link Posted: 8/25/2014 12:35:20 PM EDT
[#16]
Just got approved in 21 days
Link Posted: 8/25/2014 1:10:15 PM EDT
[#17]
Called the ATF this morning. Looks like mine was approved on 8/23. SO 21 days exactly. Didn't receive my form though as it looks like when it vanished from my eform account, it couldn't be relinked. SO I've e-mailed and used the ask the experts feature so that I could get a copy of the approved form.

Time to put in another! If only my suppressor waits for that short!
Link Posted: 8/25/2014 10:16:20 PM EDT
[#18]
Put in on 8/22.
Link Posted: 8/26/2014 1:52:35 PM EDT
[#19]
Okay, totally new to anything NFA. How is it exactly these SBR forms are turned around so quickly compared to suppressor applications? Don't they go to the same place, as in ATF?
Link Posted: 8/26/2014 2:12:20 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
Okay, totally new to anything NFA. How is it exactly these SBR forms are turned around so quickly compared to suppressor applications? Don't they go to the same place, as in ATF?
View Quote

eForms are the ones getting approved quickly. They likely have some sort of automated system that requires less review process compared to paper. They may also have a different team to do eForms.
Link Posted: 8/26/2014 6:11:11 PM EDT
[#21]
I am seriously considering just canceling my paper form that I submitted back in June and doing an reform right today. Everything in the form is completed, but I don't want to submit and get my paper form back in the mail a few days later.

How long does it take to get the $200 back from the ATF after a paper form is submitted and then canceled?
Link Posted: 8/26/2014 6:22:27 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
I am seriously considering just canceling my paper form that I submitted back in June and doing an reform right today. Everything in the form is completed, but I don't want to submit and get my paper form back in the mail a few days later.

How long does it take to get the $200 back from the ATF after a paper form is submitted and then canceled?
View Quote

You'd be lucky if your paper forms were approved within 6 months, so I don't think you need to worry about it coming back anytime soon.

I did this exact same thing, and got all my efiled form 1's approved. I have yet to get the refund for the paper F1s but from what I understand that typically takes a few months at least if not longer. I'm okay with it taking a year as long as I don't end up getting mailed back approved stamps for the same serial numbers I got efiled approved for.
Link Posted: 8/26/2014 9:06:09 PM EDT
[#23]
Hey guys I was the first one to go to Trevor a while ago, im just reposting to show his awesome work.  I would suggest to buy some aluma-black for touch up. You just rub it in with a q tip and the more you scrub the darker it gets. Looks factory.  Here enjoy!
And a big thanks again to Trevor!!

^anyone know why my pics are not showing up??  Im using the right code but it adds a link for some reason.
Link Posted: 8/26/2014 10:22:21 PM EDT
[#24]
For ^^ that dude ^^

Link Posted: 8/26/2014 10:54:35 PM EDT
[#25]
Im lost....  Ive been posting the same way since day 1 and now all of a sudden things change.  
Link Posted: 8/26/2014 11:40:53 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
Im lost....  Ive been posting the same way since day 1 and now all of a sudden things change.  
View Quote

It showed in the post for me.
Link Posted: 8/26/2014 11:45:26 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Hmm that's odd on my end i get a long http://  link In red letters...
Link Posted: 8/28/2014 2:36:55 AM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

You'd be lucky if your paper forms were approved within 6 months, so I don't think you need to worry about it coming back anytime soon.

I did this exact same thing, and got all my efiled form 1's approved. I have yet to get the refund for the paper F1s but from what I understand that typically takes a few months at least if not longer. I'm okay with it taking a year as long as I don't end up getting mailed back approved stamps for the same serial numbers I got efiled approved for.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I just submitted my eforms. Hopefully, I will get the other $200 back before christmas.
Link Posted: 8/29/2014 1:49:57 PM EDT
[#29]
Has anyone heard about I-594?
Link Posted: 8/29/2014 4:58:29 PM EDT
[#30]
I eFiled on August 13th, just got an approval. 16 days start to finish gents.
Is there a time frame as to getting the lower engraved?
Link Posted: 8/30/2014 2:19:41 AM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
I eFiled on August 13th, just got an approval. 16 days start to finish gents.
Is there a time frame as to getting the lower engraved?
View Quote

No time frame. You just can not configure the weapon as an SBR until you get the engraving done. In theory you could have a stamp in hand and wait indefinitely until you get the gun engraved, just so long as the first time you assemble it as an SBR you have it already done.
Link Posted: 9/1/2014 6:51:16 PM EDT
[#32]
Good to know. Thanks!
Link Posted: 9/2/2014 6:36:41 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
Met up with Trevor today. AWESOME guy to work with. The engraving was done very quickly and he took the time to explain the process to me, how he was programming it, even explaining the depth. I could have chosen font, size, location, etc... I kept it very basic but I believe I'm going to have a blank lower engraved at some point. His work is excellent and well priced.

I had 2 lowers engraved, one of which is cerakoted. Both look clean, legible, and are very high quality work.

I HIGHLY recommend him for anyone within driving distance of Auburn. He will truly do what he can to make you happy. He's a true asset to the NFA cause. No long waits like other shops, no shipping, no worries at all.
View Quote

I had a similar experience.  He engraved two receivers for me and did an excellent job.
Very nice guy. I happened to have my daughter with me and he took the time and asked her what her favorite things were. He then pulled up an image on Google and engraved a couple small pictures for her on some spare stock he had.
The detail his machine could put out was impressive.
I appreciate people that are good to my kids.
I will definitely be back.
Link Posted: 9/2/2014 7:22:21 PM EDT
[#34]
Trevor did all 7 of my sbrs. Excellent work, great to work with, good price, local... what's not to love!!???

I hope to receive another pre-ordered future SBR in the next month and will be pinging Trevor again when the time comes
Link Posted: 9/3/2014 4:48:49 PM EDT
[#35]
Dang, thanks for the love guys. Glad I could help out!
Link Posted: 9/3/2014 6:48:27 PM EDT
[#36]
I submitted 2 Form 1's last night.  Glad to hear that there is a good local engraver.  Didn't really want to deal with having to mail them out.
Link Posted: 9/3/2014 7:54:31 PM EDT
[#37]
We were just informed by the BATF and verified it through the WA Firearms licensing division that it is illegal to manufacture SBRs in Washington State.
This includes form 1s, approved or not and form 2s by dealers. I hope there will be a change this legislative session, but as of now that is what the lawmakers have decided.
According to the Washington licensing division the only SBR that can be legally made in Washington has to be for Military and LE Sales only.

Don't shoot the messenger, it hurts everyone.
Link Posted: 9/3/2014 8:00:45 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
We were just informed by the BATF and verified it through the WA Firearms licensing division that it illegal to manufacture SBRs in Washington State.
This includes form 1s, approved or not and form 2s by dealers. I hope there will be a change this legislative session, but as of now that is what the lawmakers have decided.
According to the Washington licensing division the only SBR that can be legally made in Washington have to for Military and LE Sales only.

View Quote

Who is we? any links you can share?
Link Posted: 9/3/2014 10:06:13 PM EDT
[#39]
Time to file a ATF Form 5320.20 and then take the parts across the Oregon or Idaho border to "assemble"?
Link Posted: 9/3/2014 10:38:40 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
We were just informed by the BATF and verified it through the WA Firearms licensing division that it is illegal to manufacture SBRs in Washington State.
According to the Washington licensing division the only SBR that can be legally made in Washington has to be for Military and LE Sales only.

View Quote

Sorry but am I the only one see the contradiction in this report?  How can the BATFE (the government agency approving all of these WA Form 1's) say that the process is illegal?  Are they revoking Form 1's now?
Link Posted: 9/3/2014 11:28:41 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
Time to file a ATF Form 5320.20 and then take the parts across the Oregon or Idaho border to "assemble"?
View Quote

Yep, I mailed one off 2-3 weeks ago, I hope to see it turned around soon.

Regarding revoking a form 1.  I don't think they can do that.  The form 1 is asking permission to make/manufacture a SBR.  

The 5320.20 to take your components into another state is a legal work around.

For what it is worth, NFA tracker dot com shows an SBR form 1 approved today via eFile.  It was submitted August 15 for a WA resident.

So, apparently nothing is being held up, if NFA tracker dot com is accurate.

I have one submitted Aug 19, so I expect, if recent approval times are holding (16-21 days), that I'll see an approval between this Friday and Sept 16.
Link Posted: 9/4/2014 11:35:55 AM EDT
[#42]
Link Posted: 9/4/2014 12:35:01 PM EDT
[#43]
I'm not shooting the messenger, but you're going to have to do better than this. Who are you? Who is "we"? Who at the ATF are you in contact with? Who are you in contact with at the state licensing division? Is this in writing? Post scans. Under what state law does the licensing div have authority over this issue? There is no license/permit involved here so....

Why are you using the word "manufacture" in relation to form 1? Unless you are doing it to sell / for business purposes, you aren't manufacturing anything. It's illegal to use a form 1 to manufacture in all 50 states. Wrong form for business use...so unless you have something in writing that says making is illegal as well, in not seeing the relevance.

All of that said, I recognize that reading comprehension skills are lacking in government, so I'll be making my sbrs in Oregon, as approved by the ATF. WA has no authority to ban anything in other states, so the licensing division can "suck it".

Quoted:

View Quote

Link Posted: 9/4/2014 2:09:51 PM EDT
[#44]
Got mine. 19 days.
Link Posted: 9/4/2014 2:14:53 PM EDT
[#45]
The answers to the questions you seek, may lay in Googling thier user name.
Link Posted: 9/4/2014 2:48:03 PM EDT
[#46]
yup its pretty clear who they are. Also makes perfect sense why they would get denied/given this answer since they very much fall into the 'manufacturing' bucket if they planned to get into the SBR building/selling business.

There is no doubt that as the law currently states, manufacturing an SBR for sale to anyone other than LEO/MIL is still prohibited in WA state.

Link Posted: 9/4/2014 3:35:25 PM EDT
[#47]
I must be doing it wrong, Google doesn't bring up any relevant links...

NM, damn dyslexia...
Link Posted: 9/4/2014 5:24:35 PM EDT
[#48]
As soon as your Form 1 has been approved are you supposed to receive your stamp via email? If you didn't receive your stamp is there somewhere you can go to print it? (and no, the stamp is not in my spam box).

Submitted 8/11/2014

On 9/2/2014 it shows as Approved and Finalized on the ATF eForm site

As of 9/4/2014 no stamp has been received
Link Posted: 9/4/2014 6:35:20 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
As soon as your Form 1 has been approved are you supposed to receive your stamp via email? If you didn't receive your stamp is there somewhere you can go to print it? (and no, the stamp is not in my spam box).

Submitted 8/11/2014

View Quote

Yes you can login to the website, expand the 'My Forms -> Approved -> Form 1' on the left side and click on Form 1. A table will show that lists your approved form(s), and under the Actions column you can click on the icon to view the form in PDF. You can print from there.

As far as email goes, sometimes folks don't get the email for a couple days after approved on the website, so maybe it will still arrive. Other times they get an email and no form is attached. So your issue isn't unique. :)

congrats!
Link Posted: 9/4/2014 6:39:16 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:

Submitted 8/11/2014

View Quote

Mine was attached to it
Page / 8
Top Top