Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 3/22/2014 7:19:14 AM EDT
Auction Link

Looks like all their inventory is up for auction.
Link Posted: 3/22/2014 7:53:53 AM EDT
[#1]

Ive been out of the loop for a while, but what happened with them? Just go out of buisiness?

EDIT: Just curious how they plan to auction off a SERBU. Being a class III, doesnt that have some legal issues you would have to over come transfering it?

EDIT #2:  Not to mention the metric ton of suppressors.  Is this for FFL holders only or do they plan on letting joe schmoe walk out the door of the aution with one of those in thier hands while the ATF, waits in the parking lot?

Link Posted: 3/22/2014 8:00:52 AM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Ive been out of the loop for a while, but what happened with them?  Just go out of buisiness?

View Quote

Link

Lots of threads and lots of speculation, this was posted in the paper recently.
Link Posted: 3/22/2014 8:04:01 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
Ive been out of the loop for a while, but what happened with them? Just go out of buisiness?

EDIT:  Just curious how they plan to auction off a SERBU.  Being a class III, doesnt that have some legal issues you would have to over come transfering it?
View Quote

They've got a ton of Suppressors as well.  No clue how that will work.
Link Posted: 3/22/2014 8:29:48 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

EDIT:  Just curious how they plan to auction off a SERBU.  Being a class III, doesnt that have some legal issues you would have to over come transfering it?

wow ya they have a shit load
Link Posted: 3/22/2014 3:28:12 PM EDT
[#5]
If I was a guessing man, I'd think it will be for FFL only and I'm pretty sure the ATF will be on site.
Link Posted: 3/22/2014 4:06:18 PM EDT
[#6]
they would have gotten their asking price on their wall hangers just before they closed.  

now they only get best price less auctioneer pricing.

snooze... you loose
Link Posted: 3/22/2014 9:52:50 PM EDT
[#7]
Lots of Fudd guns, and not a single AR platform rifle?

A lot of the gear is used and/or non-functioning according to the notes. Seems like a huge gamble unless it's dirt cheap, because auctions don't accept returns. Would manufacturer warranties even be available?
Link Posted: 3/23/2014 12:37:33 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

they would have gotten their asking price on their wall hangers just before they closed.  

now they only get best price less auctioneer pricing.

snooze... you loose
View Quote
iirc they said, "been in business 67 years".....

iirc I said, "I guess you wont get to fuck up another historic business".
So so sad, fucking up kesslerings should be crime enough to make somebody go to jail. They were the mecca for reloaders- same shitty CS at the gun counter as everyone else.

Link Posted: 3/23/2014 5:10:08 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

View Quote

I know this is ARFCOM, but there are finer things in life than an AR. An AR is a tool, a very good tool, but they've got no character.

I'll be going for some of those 'ol Fudd guns.
Link Posted: 3/24/2014 5:01:22 AM EDT
[#10]
Think there were a couple Nemo Arms AR type on the list.

Quoted:

A lot of the gear is used and/or non-functioning according to the notes. Seems like a huge gamble unless it's dirt cheap, because auctions don't accept returns. Would manufacturer warranties even be available?
View Quote

Link Posted: 3/24/2014 8:00:52 AM EDT
[#11]
it would be worth it if you could nab a can for under market price, I just wonder if they would allow non FFL's to bid.
Link Posted: 3/24/2014 10:11:50 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

I know this is ARFCOM, but there are finer things in life than an AR. An AR is a tool, a very good tool, but they've got no character.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Look again - two NEMO Arms in 308
Link Posted: 3/24/2014 12:07:05 PM EDT
[#13]
Damn. I use to love that place.
Link Posted: 3/24/2014 12:13:53 PM EDT
[#14]
I spent many hours there.  Favorite memories were buying a beautiful S&W 629 for $345, No clue why it was so cheap.  Might have been mismarked.  Also picking up many Turkish mausers when they were in a barrel and $99 for a rifle and 500 rounds ammo. Good times.
Link Posted: 3/24/2014 2:31:56 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I think I saw a Benelli tactical shot gun in there somewhere.

ETA:
CHRISTENSEN ARMS
Make:  CHRISTENSEN ARMS    
Description:  CHR ARMS AR-15 223 16" 30RD RECON, SILVER, MP STOCK    s/n:  A30N02456

Several more from CA, beauties.

ETAA:
MAUSER
Make:  MAUSER    
Description:  MAS UR MLE1949-56 7.5 20"

Holy goodness the suppressors!!!!

Google it.
Link Posted: 3/25/2014 11:51:18 AM EDT
[#16]
I spoke with Kesselrings and Murphy Auctions.

Murphy won't know who's the FFL or any of the information until this Thursday.

Kesselrings told me who the FFL is, (not going to give out his name) however, that name does not show up on the ATF's FFL check.

In any case I was told that Kesselrings "sold" the inventory to Murphy, Murphy is selling the firearms and silencers and their FFL is doing the FFL stuff.

If you can have your firearm directly transferred to you (long guns, shotguns, handguns via your CPL) then you will get your firearm on the spot.

No CLP, then the handgun waiting period applies.

In the case of the silencers then Murphy's FFL person will be holding on to them until the ATF approves the paperwork.

I might go for the first day just to check it out.

Probably going to be three types of people, individuals who are going to overpay, dealers / shops buying a few thousand dollars worth of inventory and then perhaps a guy who buys everything.
Link Posted: 3/26/2014 11:01:06 AM EDT
[#17]
Inventory list just got updated.
Link Posted: 3/26/2014 11:06:06 AM EDT
[#18]
They added a bunch of pistols but where did all the cans go?
Link Posted: 3/26/2014 9:17:03 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
I spoke with Kesselrings and Murphy Auctions.

Murphy won't know who's the FFL or any of the information until this Thursday.

Kesselrings told me who the FFL is, (not going to give out his name) however, that name does not show up on the ATF's FFL check.

In any case I was told that Kesselrings "sold" the inventory to Murphy, Murphy is selling the firearms and silencers and their FFL is doing the FFL stuff.

If you can have your firearm directly transferred to you (long guns, shotguns, handguns via your CPL) then you will get your firearm on the spot.

No CLP, then the handgun waiting period applies.

In the case of the silencers then Murphy's FFL person will be holding on to them until the ATF approves the paperwork.

I might go for the first day just to check it out.

Probably going to be three types of people, individuals who are going to overpay, dealers / shops buying a few thousand dollars worth of inventory and then perhaps a guy who buys everything.
View Quote

Doesn't the FFL dealer have to be a class 3 dealer to handle the cans?  So is the Murphy's FFL able to handle both class 1 & 3????
Link Posted: 3/26/2014 9:34:25 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

EDIT: Just curious how they plan to auction off a SERBU. Being a class III, doesnt that have some legal issues you would have to over come transfering it?

EDIT #2:  Not to mention the metric ton of suppressors.  Is this for FFL holders only or do they plan on letting joe schmoe walk out the door of the aution with one of those in thier hands while the ATF, waits in the parking lot?
View Quote

I heard a few things from someone close to one of the Kesselring brothers. The brothers had a disagreement over how much each was recieving from the buisness and for some reason moved the ownership to a trust, When that happened there was an inventory done that came up with a lot of undocumented firearms as well as missing firearms. The BATF and IRS was brought in because of the undocumented and missing stock. It ended up being easier to just close down. The more valuable firearms are going to an auction in texas I heard, 77 guns that they hope will get $300,000 to $350,000 to help pay the IRS debt. Sad to see them close.
Link Posted: 3/26/2014 10:08:16 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
Doesn't the FFL dealer have to be a class 3 dealer to handle the cans?  So is the Murphy's FFL able to handle both class 1 & 3????
View Quote

I would imagine that this is the case Cap'n Obvious.  
Link Posted: 4/6/2014 9:42:00 AM EDT
[#22]
Got a flyer about the auction in the mail.  The terms are ridiculous, good luck selling anything!

From Murphy's website:

10% BUYERS PREMIUM ON ALL ITEMS
13% BUYERS PREMIUM FOR MURPHYLIVE USERS.

FIREARM TERMS

ALL FEDERAL FIREARMS LICENSE TRANSFERS WILL BE CONDUCTED BY
A $50.00 TRANSFER FEE PER FIREARM WILL BE CHARGED SEPARATE FROM THE INITIAL GUN PURCHASE. CASH OR CREDIT CARD ONLY.
LONG GUN BUYERS MUST BE AT LEAST 18 YEARS OLD.
HANDGUN BUYERS MUST BE AT LEAST 21 YEARS OLD.
HANDGUN BUYERS WHO DO NOT HAVE A CONCEALED WEAPONS PERMIT WILL BE REQUERED TO WAIT TEN BUSINESS DAYS PRIOR TO PICKING UP THE ITEM.
PER WASHINGTON STATE LAW (RCW 9.41.124) RESIDENTS OF A STATE OTHER THAN WASHINGTON MAY PURCHASE RIFLES AND SHOTGUNS IF PERMITTED BY THEIR HOME STATES LAWS. OUT OF STATE HANDGUN PURCHASERS MUST HAVE HANDGUN SHIPPED TO LICENSED FFL DEALER IN THE STATE THEY HAVE RESIDENCY IN.
SHIPPING OF FIREARMS WILL BE HANDLED BY THE FEDERAL POLICE SUPPLY, BUYERS ARE RESPONSIBLE FOR ALL SHIPPING CHARGES.
CLASS III PURCHASES REQUIRE ATF APPROVAL ON A FORM 4 PRIOR TO PICKING UP THE ITEM. FORM 4 APPROVAL MAY TAKE UP TO TWELVE MONTHS TO BE APPROVED. DEALERS MUST SHOW PROOF OF SOT. SUPPRESSOR SALES WILL REQUIRE AN ADDITIONAL FEE OF $200 FOR THE FORM 4. THERE MAY ALSO BE AN ADDITIONAL FEE OF $200. ALL CLASS III PURCHASES WILL BE HANDLED BY THE RECEIVER.
ALL FIREARM SALES ARE SUBJECT TO ALL FEDERAL, STATE, AND LOCAL FIREARM REGULATIONS.
ALL OUT OF STATE BUYER REGULATIONS APPLY.
ALL FIREARMS NOT PICKED UP IN PERSON AT THE AUCTION SITE MUST BE SHIPPED TO A LICENSED FFL DEALER. ALL SHIPPING & TRANSFER FEES AND CHARGES MUST BE PAID BY THE PURCHASER.
ALL SALES ARE FINAL. NO REFUNDS OR EXCHANGES. THE JAMES G. MURPHY CO. ADVISES BIDDERS TO INSPECT ITEMS BEFORE BIDDING.
WARRANTY DISCLAIMER: ALL SALES ARE FINAL. ALL ITEMS ARE BEING SOLD AS IS, WHERE IS, WITH ALL FAULTS AND WITHOUT ANY WARRANTIES AS TO MERCHANTABILITY OF FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. THE PRINCIPAL, THE AUCTIONEER, THE ADVERTISING COORDINATOR, AND ANY OF THEIR AGENTS MAKE NO EXPRESS OR IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF ANY TYPE.
FIREARMS WILL NOT BE SOLD TO BIDDERS THAT DO NOT COMPLY WITH ALL REQUIREMENTS
FIREARMS WILL NOT BE SOLD FOR EXPORT OUTSIDE THE U.S.A.
FIREARMS AND AMMUNITION SALES WILL ONLY BE MADE TO U.S. CITIZENS OR U.S. PERMANENT RESIDENTS. ALL INTERNET BIDDERS WILL BE REQUIRED TO BE PRE APPROVED PRIOR TO BIDDING. REQUIREMENTS WILL INCLUDE FUND VERIFICATION AND IDENTIFICATION. TERMS OF ONLINE BIDDING LOCATED HERE.
ALL BIDDERS WILL BE REQUIRED TO PROVIDE A VALID FORM OF IDENTIFICATION.
DUE TO SECURITY REASONS ADVANCED BIDDING & PHONE IN ABSENTEE BIDDING WILL NOT BE AVAILABLE FOR THIS AUCTION.
ALL SALES ARE FINAL
View Quote

So, a 10% buyer premium.  Meaning you will pay an additional 10% on everything, or 13% if you do the online option.  Win a bid for that AR at $500 (not likely), you pay another $50 in premium.  Oh, and you pay another $50 as a "transfer fee".  Oh, and don't forget sales tax!  There's another $52.  So that "$500" AR turns into a $650 AR.

The NFA terms look even more "WTF?".  $200 NFA tax I get, but what does "There may also be an additional fee of $200" mean?

Not sure how dealers will be treated differently in terms of the transfer fee or NFA process, but for this to make any sense for a dealer, they will have to cut their bids off at 15% to 20% below their current wholesale cost.  As general public buyers will be in the mix, I can see items going for more than current wholesale, but less than current retail.  If a dealer has a bid in for a Glock 17 at $325, what general public bidder wouldn't bid on that too, since they can't buy a new Glock for that price?

Analysis?  Epic Boondoggle

ETA:  FUCK!!!  Just saw something in the auction I wouldn't mind having.  Might have to give a go anyway.....
Link Posted: 4/6/2014 7:55:35 PM EDT
[#23]
Yeah, the 10% plus mandatory $50 transfer fee pretty much kills it. They have a lot of handguns which retail in the $400-$600 range, so unless they sell for $100 below retail, it's not even worth bidding.

Also, the auction catalog doesn't mention what is new, used or otherwise. Some of the items appear to be non-functional. Are there any warranties?
Link Posted: 4/6/2014 8:04:16 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:Are there any warranties?
View Quote

If only that information had already been posted by Scollins....

Here, let me help you -

WARRANTY DISCLAIMER: ALL SALES ARE FINAL. ALL ITEMS ARE BEING SOLD AS IS, WHERE IS, WITH ALL FAULTS AND WITHOUT ANY WARRANTIES AS TO MERCHANTABILITY OF FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. THE PRINCIPAL, THE AUCTIONEER, THE ADVERTISING COORDINATOR, AND ANY OF THEIR AGENTS MAKE NO EXPRESS OR IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF ANY TYPE.
Link Posted: 4/7/2014 4:50:39 AM EDT
[#25]
I meant manufacturer warranties - obviously Kesselrings is in no position to offer a warranty.

But some manufacturers won't honor a warranty either for goods purchased at auction, or not purchased 'new'.

Basically, if I buy something that turns out to be a piece of junk, will Glock, Beretta etc honor the warranty?

Link Posted: 4/7/2014 6:17:41 AM EDT
[#26]
Holy shiznit. Never heard of the place. Like a gun nutz super mall.
That's one hell of an inventory just what they took the time to itemize and list.

The fees do seem high. I guess what's of interest entails the worthiness of the purchase or not. Depending on the firearm there are some bargains to be had as an individual buyer.
Things would still be below retail I would think, but the time invested and playing the game would be roulette.

I didn't even make a dent looking through the previews, but that's one hell of an inventory.
It's a shame to see a place like that fall off the map.
Link Posted: 4/7/2014 3:34:19 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
I meant manufacturer warranties - obviously Kesselrings is in no position to offer a warranty.
But some manufacturers won't honor a warranty either for goods purchased at auction, or not purchased 'new'.
Basically, if I buy something that turns out to be a piece of junk, will Glock, Beretta etc honor the warranty?
View Quote

That's something YOU would have to ask of the manufacturers.  
I seriously doubt that there is someone on the WA Hometown forum board that works for all of the firearm manufacturers.
Link Posted: 4/15/2014 1:33:30 PM EDT
[#28]
Definitely no bargains here today. Everything sold for more than street price, and some items for more than MSRP.

e.g. Beretta CX4 carbines opened bidding at $500 and sold from $550-$700, which equates to $605 to $770 with the 10% premium. Add another 3% for Internet buyers and the low end was more like $620.

Slickguns shows the most recent two prices for the same gun as $620 and $649. And that doesn't include a Beretta $50 rebate either.

Not exactly worth driving all the way out there to save $15. By the time you add in the additional fee for non-local people, you are further underwater.

I called Beretta last week and couldn't get a straight answer on warranties either, so that's another unknown.
Link Posted: 4/15/2014 7:06:52 PM EDT
[#29]

Quoted:

Definitely no bargains here today. Everything sold for more than street price, and some items for more than MSRP.

e.g. Beretta CX4 carbines opened bidding at $500 and sold from $550-$700, which equates to $605 to $770 with the 10% premium. Add another 3% for Internet buyers and the low end was more like $620.

Slickguns shows the most recent two prices for the same gun as $620 and $649. And that doesn't include a Beretta $50 rebate either.

Not exactly worth driving all the way out there to save $15. By the time you add in the additional fee for non-local people, you are further underwater.

I called Beretta last week and couldn't get a straight answer on warranties either, so that's another unknown.

View Quote

I concur.  Saw somebody pay $1050 (before auction fees) for a scope than can be bought for $600 online.  Saw a bunch of items go for close the discount retail prices.  Saw a S&W MP 15-22 go for $800 to an online bidder.  I think this guy didn't read the description properly and though he was bidding on one of the MP 15's.

Link Posted: 4/15/2014 7:43:36 PM EDT
[#30]
I missed out today, so I wonder what the Glock 17L went for......  

I figured that the bargains would be few and far between.  Sounds like I was accurate in that assumption....
Link Posted: 4/16/2014 4:34:55 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
I missed out today, so I wonder what the Glock 17L went for......  

I figured that the bargains would be few and far between.  Sounds like I was accurate in that assumption....
View Quote

under $500, but over $425. 10% buyers premium,  transfer fee and sales tax not included yet.
Link Posted: 4/16/2014 7:09:24 PM EDT
[#32]

Better bargains today.  The various ACOG's went between $450 and $750.

A scope from yesterday was relisted today.  I picked up a Vortex Viper HS-LR 4-16x50 (XLR reticle) for $350 (plus buyers premium).

And several suppressors from yesterday were relisted today, since the buyers didn't seem to understand the process.  I picked up a Silencerco Saker 556 suppressor for $200.  Now for the 12 month wait...

Link Posted: 4/16/2014 8:28:00 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
And several suppressors from yesterday were relisted today, since the buyers didn't seem to understand the process.  I picked up a Silencerco Saker 556 suppressor for $200.  Now for the 12 month wait...
View Quote

how can you sleep at night, knowing you STOLE it?!

That's a hell of a deal.  Damn, wish I wasn't so busy the last two days, I should made it just for the entertainment potential....
Link Posted: 4/17/2014 6:12:02 AM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

A scope from yesterday was relisted today.  I picked up a Vortex Viper HS-LR 4-16x50 (XLR reticle) for $350 (plus buyers premium).

View Quote

A smokin deal, the SW locals didn't understand no cash & carry on NFA

Link Posted: 4/17/2014 1:19:21 PM EDT
[#35]
I am glad someone got some bargains.

I noticed a fair number of incorrect or incomplete descriptions. There were several Beretta's listed with non-existent model numbers. The S&W M&P15-22 said it was an "AR15 LE" just like the actual AR-15's and it was listed right after them.

Also, the photographs were too small for anything except a general idea of the item.

I guess that's auctions for you. I am glad I saved my money as Primary Arms has $400 off Daniel Defense this weekend!
Link Posted: 4/18/2014 5:56:31 AM EDT
[#36]

Quoted:

I noticed a fair number of incorrect or incomplete descriptions. There were several Beretta's listed with non-existent model numbers. The S&W M&P15-22 said it was an "AR15 LE" just like the actual AR-15's and it was listed right after them.

View Quote

Out of curiosity, which of the Beretta model numbers did you find non-existent?  The M&P15-22 was labeled as such, but I can see the confusion as to where it was grouped.  However, it was sold singly, and not in a "Choice" lot as the other S&W AR's were.  

This is where having knowledge of what your bidding on comes into play, and not getting sucked up in "Auction Fever".  I set myself hard limits on anything that I was bidding on, than included the 10% buyers premium and the transfer fees.  Any bid beyond that and I said nope.

Link Posted: 4/19/2014 10:09:56 AM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

View Quote

Who handled the NFA transfer of the suppressor?
Link Posted: 4/19/2014 11:03:14 PM EDT
[#38]

View All Quotes

Transfers are being handled by the receiver.

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top