Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 7/23/2017 12:17:39 PM EDT
Hi all,
   Can anyone point me to some dealers in southwestern pa? I'm looking for someone who has some stock, I'm just across the border in the northern panhandle of wv and there aren't any that have much stock at all. I've been looking for a 45 colt lever gun but no luck besides what online dealers can order. I would love to get my hands on a couple to see how they fit my hands. I've been to Ace in washington pa but they have some crazy high prices, I don't mind paying more to a local shop but $100-$150 more no thanks.
Thanks all
Cazio
Link Posted: 7/23/2017 1:41:01 PM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
Hi all,
   Can anyone point me to some dealers in southwestern pa? I'm looking for someone who has some stock, I'm just across the border in the northern panhandle of wv and there aren't any that have much stock at all. I've been looking for a 45 colt lever gun but no luck besides what online dealers can order. I would love to get my hands on a couple to see how they fit my hands. I've been to Ace in washington pa but they have some crazy high prices, I don't mind paying more to a local shop but $100-$150 more no thanks.
Thanks all
Cazio
View Quote
Go to ace.. handle the gun.. then go and order it somewhere else.

I don't buy from them either.
Link Posted: 7/23/2017 2:07:37 PM EDT
[#2]
I was going to suggest Ace Sporting Goods in Washington PA also. Seems like a feasible destination regarding your location OP. It's been 9 or 10 years since I've personally stepped foot in their store, but they always did have an impressive inventory. There was a time when they were heralded as one of the more esteemed shops in SW PA. Don't know about their state today. 

http://www.acesportinggoods.com/
Link Posted: 7/23/2017 2:26:15 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I was going to suggest Ace Sporting Goods in Washington PA also. Seems like a feasible destination regarding your location OP. It's been 9 or 10 years since I've personally stepped foot in their store, but they always did have an impressive inventory. There was a time when they were heralded as one of the more esteemed shops in SW PA. Don't know about their state today. 

http://www.acesportinggoods.com/
View Quote
same story except now their heads are even bigger.
Link Posted: 7/23/2017 3:16:37 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
View Quote
I've seen you speak critically of them in the past Scoped. Am I interpreting you correctly that the store and staff have egos that are too big for their customer base now?
Link Posted: 7/23/2017 3:20:50 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
I've seen you speak critically of them in the past Scoped. Am I interpreting you correctly that the store and staff have egos that are too big for their customer base now?
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I just don't like the sales people. I don't go there anymore.
George and Ben are fine and they support the women's program at DMSC.
Link Posted: 7/23/2017 4:40:31 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
I just don't like the sales people. I don't go there anymore.
George and Ben are fine and they support the women's program at DMSC.
View Quote
Never established a relationship with the store as it was always more of destination/visit shop. I purchased a Keltec P3AT there in 2004 and a Springfield XD in 2007 -- that was the last time I ever entered their establishment 
Link Posted: 7/23/2017 6:05:39 PM EDT
[#7]
I was there last Tuesday and it was empty which was good for me. I was looking at saa and lever action rifles which they had but for more than Cabela's that's saying something. I've gone there several times and always had good service and their inventory is excellent.
Link Posted: 7/23/2017 7:29:55 PM EDT
[#8]
I could never get any service at ACE, but any time i stop there is on my way home from the washington county gun show, so it's always busy as hell when i stop. They sure do have a large inventory though.
Link Posted: 7/23/2017 10:40:32 PM EDT
[#9]
I've never had a bad experience at Ace, though I haven't been there in years. Last time I was there I stopped in just to look around as I was passing through. Didn't really expect to buy anything, but they had a bunch of 6.5mm 100gr AMAX in the reloading area. This was a few years ago when some things were hard to find. I picked up four boxes and was just happy I found them. My Grendel loves that bullet.

Way back in 2005 I was home on leave. Stopped down there and bought an HK USP Compact 9mm. The one they had pulled out for me only had 10 round mags. In talking with the salesman, it came out that I was home from Iraq on leave for a couple weeks. He told another salesman to go switch out the 10 round mags for standard capacity, saying, "He might need them". I explained that I wasn't allowed and wouldn't be taking the gun with me back overseas, but they still did the swap and it was a nice gesture anyway.
Link Posted: 7/24/2017 10:04:26 PM EDT
[#10]
call Anthony arms near century III and see what they have. Their prices are probably worse than ace but you could hit both ace and Anthony in an evenings drive.  Might be able to atleast get your hands on a couple different rifles. 
Link Posted: 7/25/2017 7:20:50 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
call Anthony arms near century III and see what they have. Their prices are probably worse than ace but you could hit both ace and Anthony in an evenings drive.  Might be able to atleast get your hands on a couple different rifles. 
View Quote
That s like an hour  past  ace, btw.
Link Posted: 7/31/2017 9:49:35 PM EDT
[#12]
I've never had a problem with the salespeople at Ace, but many have so I'm sure it's only a matter of time, and when/if I do, I'm done with them.

I've bought a lot of guns there over the years, but I knew what I was looking for and what the going price was, and usually their price was pretty much in line. Some of the prices on guns are stupid high though. I just laugh and move on.

Prices are beyond terrible at the Fudd and Stream across the road on most things not on sale.
Top Top